OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 08:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bomb talent?
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2020, 03:25 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
redspot wrote:
Hi TT I noticed that you changed your signature set up. Could you share you impressions about it?

Sure. The problem of dealing with underspin that I experienced was fully addressed by using the glue sheet, as I said. But then, since you'd suggested that the Nittaku Shake Defense blade might be a good match with the BT, I put a sheet on that blade and a sheet on my Re-Impact blade one day and went back and forth between the two blades against the 2300-level looper I regularly practice with (he says he likes to practice with me rather than with players his own level because I do enough to keep the ball on the table, vary spin a lot and don't exhibit the primadonna-type histrionic behavior that some of the better players at our club do). I found that the Nittaku Shake Defense offered more control in most strokes, and it wasn't quite as heavy a blade as I'd remembered it being. So I decided to try it out for awhile as my primary setup.

The BT on the NSD blade is, maybe, slightly less dynamic and disturbing than on the Re-Impact blade, but it's still more disturbing than any other long pips out there that I've tried with the ABS ball, so it's worth the trade-off for the higher control. The only weakness of the BT on the NSD is that because this blade has less dwell than soft balsa, chopping on both the forehand and backhand side is a bit less consistent and forgiving (I largely block, but against certain opponents and when forced from the table, I'll chop). I also found that the Fastarc G-1 that I'd been playing with on my forehand was too hard to be a good match for the hard NSD blade, so I tried, first, the P-1 (not grippy enough for chopping) and, more recently, the C-1, which seems to be a good match for this blade, both in terms of its softness and grip. (I also went from a 1.4mm to a 1.8mm sponge because the forehand on the NSD is slower than on my Re-Impact blade. So that's the explanation. The BT takes practice, and I'm still working to iron out the kinks, but this setup seems viable. Will report back if I have any big revelations one way or the other.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2020, 09:22 

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
redspot wrote:
Hi TT I noticed that you changed your signature set up. Could you share you impressions about it?

Sure. The problem of dealing with underspin that I experienced was fully addressed by using the glue sheet, as I said. But then, since you'd suggested that the Nittaku Shake Defense blade might be a good match with the BT, I put a sheet on that blade and a sheet on my Re-Impact blade one day and went back and forth between the two blades against the 2300-level looper I regularly practice with (he says he likes to practice with me rather than with players his own level because I do enough to keep the ball on the table, vary spin a lot and don't exhibit the primadonna-type histrionic behavior that some of the better players at our club do). I found that the Nittaku Shake Defense offered more control in most strokes, and it wasn't quite as heavy a blade as I'd remembered it being. So I decided to try it out for awhile as my primary setup.

The BT on the NSD blade is, maybe, slightly less dynamic and disturbing than on the Re-Impact blade, but it's still more disturbing than any other long pips out there that I've tried with the ABS ball, so it's worth the trade-off for the higher control. The only weakness of the BT on the NSD is that because this blade has less dwell than soft balsa, chopping on both the forehand and backhand side is a bit less consistent and forgiving (I largely block, but against certain opponents and when forced from the table, I'll chop). I also found that the Fastarc G-1 that I'd been playing with on my forehand was too hard to be a good match for the hard NSD blade, so I tried, first, the P-1 (not grippy enough for chopping) and, more recently, the C-1, which seems to be a good match for this blade, both in terms of its softness and grip. (I also went from a 1.4mm to a 1.8mm sponge because the forehand on the NSD is slower than on my Re-Impact blade. So that's the explanation. The BT takes practice, and I'm still working to iron out the kinks, but this setup seems viable. Will report back if I have any big revelations one way or the other.

Thank you for sharing your experience of testing Bomb Talent on NSD. Nittaku produced a number of models based on the same shape, same wooden plies
and a carbon ply under hinoki outer ply but all these versions have a different feel. I have two type of NSD: one was purchsed in 2009 and another one in 2011. The first one is the older model. It is slower and has a soft fell. The second one is substantially faster and has a hard stiff feel. The latest model of
2018 (a handle has brown color). I do not not posses this one. As per reviews of NSD on Noppen Test Forum a 2018 model is less stiff(German reviewers call it softer stop) then the previous. So which model of NSD you tested with Bomb Talent?

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2020, 00:15 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

I checked my email invoices and saw that I got my blade in December 2009, so I guess that answers your question. Didn't realize there were multiple versions of this blade over time. I assume the differences are subtle rather than significant, but let me know if you think I'm wrong, at least with respect to the two versions you have.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2020, 09:19 

I checked my email invoices and saw that I got my blade in December 2009, so I guess that answers your question. Didn't realize there were multiple versions of this blade over time. I assume the differences are subtle rather than significant, but let me know if you think I'm wrong, at least with respect to the two versions you have.

The soft version of NSD (older model) has Nittaku label fixed with two tiny nails at the bottom of handle. The another stiffer version has different shape of the
Nittaku label which fixed at the bottom of the handle without nails. These two versions differ substantially. even the sound when the racket hits the ball is
different. The older version was the most wonderful blade which harmonized with the old type of of Grass D tecs and Tenergy 05 1.9. This combo was
my weapon during the celluloid ball era since ban of frictionless pimples in 2008 till Grass D tec was "castrated"in 2011.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2020, 03:04 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

redspot wrote:
The soft version of NSD (older model) has Nittaku label fixed with two tiny nails at the bottom of handle. The another stiffer version has different shape of the Nittaku label which fixed at the bottom of the handle without nails. These two versions differ substantially. even the sound when the racket hits the ball is different. The older version was the most wonderful blade which harmonized with the old type of of Grass D tecs and Tenergy 05 1.9. This combo was my weapon during the celluloid ball era since ban of frictionless pimples in 2008 till Grass D tec was "castrated"in 2011.

Don't see nails on my label at the bottom of the handle, so I guess it's the stiffer version ... which makes sense in terms of why I saw a need to switch to a softer forehand rubber. You think the current version of the NSD would be better?

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2020, 09:05 

redspot wrote:
The soft version of NSD (older model) has Nittaku label fixed with two tiny nails at the bottom of handle. The another stiffer version has different shape of the Nittaku label which fixed at the bottom of the handle without nails. These two versions differ substantially. even the sound when the racket hits the ball is different. The older version was the most wonderful blade which harmonized with the old type of of Grass D tecs and Tenergy 05 1.9. This combo was my weapon during the celluloid ball era since ban of frictionless pimples in 2008 till Grass D tec was "castrated"in 2011.

Don't see nails on my label at the bottom of the handle, so I guess it's the stiffer version ... which makes sense in terms of why I saw a need to switch to a softer forehand rubber. You think the current version of the NSD would be better?

The current version of NSD was released in 2018. I never test it. The reviews of 2018 model on Noppen Test Forum indicate that it is lighter, a bit slower and softer than the previous model. The reviewers are talking about a light weight blade around 75 Gram.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2020, 02:18 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

redspot wrote:
The current version of NSD was released in 2018. I never test it. The reviews of 2018 model on Noppen Test Forum indicate that it is lighter, a bit slower and softer than the previous model. The reviewers are talking about a light weight blade around 75 Gram.

Okay, that sounds promising, but I guess I'll stick with the version I have for now and see how it goes, since it seems to work with the Bomb Talent.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2020, 04:34 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
redspot wrote:

Okay, that sounds promising, but I guess I'll stick with the version I have for now and see how it goes, since it seems to work with the Bomb Talent.

Well,in my experience with BT I just can say it is very blade dependent , let alone with different versions of the same blade !! :sweat:

With Joola Tony Hold I seem to remember it worked fine as well.I don't think a fast blade should be ok with it,especially due to your mastering the active no spin ball stroke .

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2020, 06:17 
Super User

For me: BT on a Stellan Bengtsson AR Classic.. I'll say no more apart from 'magic combination'!!! :up: :party:

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2020, 07:37 
Super User

Blade: BTY Viscaria
FH: Tibhar MX-P
BH: Tibhar D.TecS
Tried it tonight since tennis elbow is preventing me from playing properly so I may as well fool around with other rubbers. Used my trusted DMS Wizard (actually got 3 of them).

Quite easy to play with coming from D.TecS. A bit on the slow side when chopping (half arsed chops will go into the net). Blocking is similar to me but then I don't really block close to the table unless I'm caught off guard. Pretty good value for money! Easy to hit with.

Probably the thinnest sheet of OX that I've ever applied. Took 5-10min to get it fixed on a Nittaku Nori sheet.

PostPosted: 13 Oct 2020, 08:39 
Super User

BT OX works well for hitting and blocking for me :up:

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2020, 18:57 
Super User

Has anyone used BT with thin sponge ? How does it compare to BT OX

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2020, 00:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
BT with thin sponge is on my list to try when allowed.
Liu Song BT with thin sponge inspires me to give it a go,used his b/h more than usual against Gauzy in this video(pre plastic era),looks fairly slow not too bouncy sponge,don't know what though
https://youtu.be/5689GK_5NRY

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2020, 01:58 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I also very much like BT.In the near future I will test it in 0.5 sponge.One of the secrets of sponged lp defenders at high levels is the sponge.Who controls the sponges?...... do you really know what is happening right underneath the sponge?.....Even many amateurs at high levels do know about this ......

Then, the smoke screen is the debate on frictionless pips... when in reality, modified sponges are the crux of the matter....ah!!! and do not forget about the antis...... they also modify sponges and...... the so called special liquid to make them more slick ,........ this is reality....if you want to play at a certain high level, you need to modify the equipment to compete against the illegal boosting,....end of the story,....

Those high level amateurs who read on this forum know about this truth,.....as I said in other posts,.... too many unsaid truths,..... I bet any double inverted player who tries to play with most of the pros equipment won't be able to land a ball on the table ,....

I also understand that if you live on TT, you need to do whatever it takes to compete,..in the end, it is your salary at stake ,....

PostPosted: 01 Apr 2021, 23:01 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
All rubbers of Bomb are cancelled from official larc at september 2021.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 433 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!