OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 06:59

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
 Post subject: Re: Bomb talent?
PostPosted: 01 May 2021, 16:12 
Super User

You can get it from eacheng:
https://www.eacheng.net/BOMB-Talent-Eco ... 11326.html AND
from Aliexpress:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1010295 ... web201603_

Sponge thickness & hardness are random (between 0.5-1.5mm and 40-45). You cannot specify what you require.

PostPosted: 03 May 2021, 02:06 

Blade: XVT Hinoki Balsa Carbon
FH: DHS TG3
BH: Bomb Talent ox
charmander defender wrote:
Great!! a friend of mine will be lending a sheet for me to test with different blades.His is black and some other friends who used it played with the black version too .

I wonder if regular BT users use it in black or red for a reason.Normally Chinese pips perform better in red; for example , I remember Palio CK played much better in red than in black .I myself use Dawei in red .

So what is best in your experience, black or red? back in the day I only used it in the black version ; I never used it in red.

The BT sheet I'm currently playing with is red ox; I purchased it last year in August on Aliexpress. I only play with red LP's as I've got a chinese rubber on my forehand. I like chinese rubbers best in black.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2023, 13:48 
♫ Living On The Edge (Tape) ♫

Blade: Tibhar Stratus Power Def
FH: Rakza Z MAX
BH: Spinlord Dornenglanz OX
Any further thoughts on the Bomb Talent with the plastic ball? I've been loving Dornenglanz but just can't see it as sustainable with the durability issues combined with how it changes over its lifespan – so looking for something that could be a suitable alternative.

Seems to be readily available from EachEng and AliExpress around the $10-$15 AUD mark.

Also, I came across this translation of the content from GeoBlock's YouTube video review on the Bomb Talent:

---

"Not every player has talent, but every player can have it buy. Visually, the first thing you notice about Talent is that it is transparent and very thin bottom rubber. The nubs themselves are medium hard and have a non- slip, non- ridged feel heads.

Even if the uncut surface is particularly attractive at first glance The unclean edges seem a bit chaotic is the quality of the Rubbers themselves can be assessed as quite solid. Bomb delivers, especially for the relatively low price of around 15 euros the talent in our experience over the years consistent quality. The part is also convincing, at least in the red version in terms of durability.

Interestingly, or Incidentally, the talent was also represented in the extended world elite. The pimples are played by the Argentinian Liu Song.

To get the most important thing out of the way, the talent is definitely not there Easy to play, even if it might be like that in the following scenes gives the appearance. The rubber typically offers a rather low catapult effect, a medium attenuation, but also a relatively high dispersion. The talent's strengths include the entire batting and Sturgeon repertoire at the table.

Although these techniques certainly require a little practice with the surface If you need them, they provide a good disruptive effect on the opponent, bouncing and diving balls cause many mistakes.

With ABS balls, the talent gains effectiveness again could experience a real comeback, especially because of its low price. The talent also cuts a good figure in the long defense and delivers Here too there is a good amount of backspin, so you can be sure should not become a target.

The talent can also be used offensively. With the right angle you can, especially on undercuts play a powerful opening. Topspin- like shots also cause damage to the opponent Confusion.

One of the most difficult tasks with talent at the beginning is this Serve acceptance. But once you get the hang of it and manage to return, then That's usually half the battle.

If the opponent plays the return improperly, you can use your talent Follow up properly and continue to apply pressure through placement.

The Talent is certainly not an easy one to play Long pimple rubber, but has a high disruptive effect as well wide range of usability. Due to its low price, this long pimple is suitable as a Alternative to expensive receipts, but also easy for you versatile disruptive player."

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2023, 07:02 
Super User

BT will be great alternative to DG. Brilliant, cheap and versatile long pip that's far more durable than DG. Give it a go, you won't be disappointed - this is coming from a long-term BT user :up:

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2024, 23:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Revisiting Bpmb Talent black ox .It is one of the best cheap pips from the celluloid era which still works great with this joking plastic ball . For what the new , outrageously expensive pips offer, BT performs fantastically,.....no need for DR Neubauers,S and Troguers, DMS pips and the like overhyped by the fake substandard spin reversal.....

...well, If you love wasting money, that's another story.....you can get 4 x BT for 1 x Grass Dtechs..... and please, do not say you get massive reversal with the new green overexpensive Grass Dtechs.....you will be misleading potential buyers .... Tibhar has made their money already .....

If some of the egos here get hurt by my words , I am awfully sorry,... just want to make a discussion as the forum has been getting very inactive lately .....

Just in case any hater , comes up,..... yes, you are right in whatever you say....yes, I did whatever you say,...

Just in case Igor comes up,.... yes, BT complies with the legal friction coefficient,.... yes, no need to post again the friction device pic you love so much ,....

oh! BTW Happy Valentine day for all of you and your beloved spouse, girlfriend, it/ THEY Friend ( for those using inclusive language AND feel they are something different from their biology)

Attachments:
IMG_20240214_141744-min (1) (1).jpg
IMG_20240214_141744-min (1) (1).jpg [ 516.84 KiB | Viewed 1706 times ]

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2024, 08:08 
Super User

:lol: :lol: Seriously, BT Red OX. Always has and always will be my pip!! :D

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2024, 08:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

TTbuddy wrote:

Just revisiting BT.A short clip with fh chopping and some blocking from the forehand.

Next time I will upload some blocking on the bh and some mixed chopping with both BT and Yinhe 955.

Yes, the rubber needs breaking in ,,,, :angel:

https://youtu.be/5BfdK8wEV_o?si=1QirGgHqMc8m_kwy

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2024, 08:51 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
TTbuddy wrote:

Just revisiting BT.A short clip with fh chopping and some blocking from the forehand.

Next time I will upload some blocking on the bh and some mixed chopping with both BT and Yinhe 955.

Interesting video. Looks like fun. How do you serve with that setup?

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2024, 02:42 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
TTbuddy wrote:

Interesting video. Looks like fun. How do you serve with that setup?

Bt serve >>> no spin low long serve >>> no spin low short serve just right before the centre of the table >>>> really effective as they lift the ball and I bh attack with 955

955 serve >> underspin low long serve >> no spin low long serve >> underspin low mid table serve

You don't fool them too much but enough for them not to attack and get smashed with a third ball attack.......

...............serve return twiddling with sponged 955 or BT ox...... but due to BT being sensible to no spin, most serve returns are dealt with sponged 955 ....

yes,fh attacks are very poor with 955 unless the ball is high enough.......

... these shortcomings are obvious but for my game now this is the best strategy ....in which I do not get bothered by long spin serves any more ....... it is a strategy based on chopping and blocking with consistency with attacks on high balls only .......

PostPosted: 26 Feb 2024, 02:47 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I will try and record some servings....... :angel: ..... it would be great to share our strategies here more often to improve our game ......

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2024, 10:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Tonight at the club-1/3/24

Clip 1 >> some serves with BT ox in black and attack with Yinhe 955 in 0.7 . It is effective as long as you move fast.If you hit the ball a little late.....into the net it goes :sweat:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7CgmwTsKWY

Clip 2 >> some serves with Yinhe 955 in 0.7 and attack with BT. Also, very effective but again, you need to be quick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=402RQHX6SDU

Sorry ,my friend did not record the clips very well but to have a rough idea , they are ok .

As the training session went on , my percentage of right strokes increased...... the more you train , the better.... as always !!!

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2024, 12:09 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Thank you. I'll have to practice that!

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2024, 13:26 
Super User

I frequently use slow & short BH serves with my BT OX but need to incorporate the fast long no spin FH serves more. I used to. So, thanks for the reminder! ;)

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2024, 07:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

It seems there are different red BTs.Some sheets appear to be darker .Besides, the uncut sheet is bigger !!!!

Have you -BT users or ex- users - experienced this in the past?

My impression is that cheap Chinese LPs like Dawei too have poor control quality systems resulting in very different sheets performance wise.

Red Dawei 388d-1 is inconsistent .Some sheets block better than others.

I will try to test this new BT sheet to see if it blocks better or worse .

Thanks !!

PostPosted: 08 Apr 2024, 10:03 
Super User

No quality issue with BT sheets over the years. I guess I have been lucky. Un-cut sheets are somewhat bigger than normal. Dawei, yes have experienced quality control issues between the few sheets I tried in the past. I prefer the D to D-1 as D looks and plays similar to BT. BT is better of course. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29