OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 15:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bomb talent?
PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 03:42 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
dazzler wrote:
It could be that maybe you stretched the pips more onto the gluesheet without realising hence the effects,or/and the glue sheet will also hold the base sheet down better than glue adding stability and allow the pips to bend more easily and add more to the ball.The glue sheet adds 0.1mm and can alter the ox feel sometimes

That's an interesting theory. Yes, certainly possible, and the glue sheet definitely altered the OX feel to a very small extent, but my first impression is that it altered it for the better, making the Bomb Talent have a slightly "softer," more forgiving feel to it without cutting into its spin reversal to any noticeable extent (which is normally my main concern with glue sheets). Shots that required grazing (such as chops or chop-blocks) became noticeably easier to do, in the sense, again, of being more forgiving.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 03:47 
LP Collector
LP Collector

Blade: Yaska Sweden Classic
FH: 802 OX
BH: DHS C8 OX
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
the glue sheet definitely altered the OX feel to a very small extent, but my first impression is that it altered it for the better

The few occasions when I've bought a shop-made blade, and they've stuck pimples on without a glue sheet, I swear I've noticed the difference. Usually one of the first things I do is take off the LP, and stick them on again with a glue sheet. I'm sure it's almost imperceptible, or maybe just all in my mind, but I just like the feel more, especially with lively pips like dtecs.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 04:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
Well done for getting Bomb talent onto the glue sheet successfully btw,it's probably the trickiest one to apply that ive seen.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 05:18 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Now I wonder how BT would play with 3 or 4 glue sheets as some players use.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 05:25 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

dazzler wrote:
Well done for getting Bomb talent onto the glue sheet successfully btw,it's probably the trickiest one to apply that ive seen.

Yeah ... tricky is an understatement. It felt something like how I imagine an eye surgeon would feel when he's doing a cornea transplant.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 05:27 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

mynamenotbob wrote:

The thing is that so much of this is also connected to what blade I'm using vs. what blade someone else might be using. It's entirely possible that my blade pairs well with the BT with a glue sheet, but someone else's blade might be a great match for BT w/o one.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 07:23 

mynamenotbob wrote:

The thing is that so much of this is also connected to what blade I'm using vs. what blade someone else might be using. It's entirely possible that my blade pairs well with the BT with a glue sheet, but someone else's blade might be a great match for BT w/o one.

Initially after gluing the pips rubber with the glue sheet pimples are stiffer and play differently than after few hours of hitting. The base of the pimples slightly loosens and the performance will get closer to the pips attached with the glue. All depends on the type of a glue sheet i.e. how strong the adhesive layer
is. Once your pips will loosen it attachment at the base the sides of pimples will engage more so pips will be more reactive on receiving a backspin ball.
I experienced the above effect many times i.e. once pimples becoming lovelier a feel of the ball is not so direct as initially.

Anyway, I wish you a successive trial of Bomb Talent and would like to watch a video of you playing with BT.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 16:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
mynamenotbob wrote:

I tried 4 gluesheets under 388d ox and didn't feel it improved anything,lost too much of the ox feeling without anything beneficial and I scored less with the pips than usual,could be different with other pips although 388d has some similarities to BT ,I can use either really

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 20:26 
Super User

+1 Dazzler 388D and BT are somewhat similar but I am more confident with BT. I play it in OX on a Stiga Bengtsson AR Classic. It has phenomenal feel and control. It plays very similar on a Yasaka Sweden AR Classic also but I prefer it on the Stiga Bengtsson AR Classic.

PostPosted: 31 Jul 2020, 22:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I had a go with my friends BT and can confirm, once again , it really works with the plastic ball : good reversal, low trajectory, very dangerous in pushes to the corners .The problem I see is that to master it you have to practise a lot , especially, the active pushes against no spin balls as if you play passively, the ball will sail long .
The blade I used was the famous Joola Tony Hold and it pairs really well with BT.I have doubts if it can pair well with the Grubba all +.

At the moment, I am testing Sanwei DZ. I like it with its low trajectory, good reversal, good acceleration on pushes and great control .It has soft ,vertically aligned pips .It is cheaper than DG , about 6 fewer euros and at the moment it is a great alternative, in case, the pips start breaking ( my sheet is very old now, it lasts a lot as I don't hit with the pips and I mostly do passive blocks) .

I suggest trying DZ.I did a post some time ago but it seems nobody was interested in this rubber at the time .

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2020, 08:18 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
Where do you guys buy BT?

PostPosted: 01 Aug 2020, 08:41 
Super User

I get mine from https://www.eacheng.net/BOMB-c28994.html

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2020, 06:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

DONE.

Last edited by igorponger on 02 Aug 2020, 11:45, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 02 Aug 2020, 11:01 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

igorponger wrote:
THE YOUNG HOPEFUL LADY EMPOWERED WITH LONG PIPS.
https://m.vk.com/wall-127277730_695?rep ... thread=701

SNIP

Iskandar

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2020, 01:54 

Thanks, Redspot, that's an interesting view. I have a Nittaku Shake Defense blade somewhere, but I like lighter blades. But maybe I should dig that blade out and try it out with the BT. (One thing about the Bomb Talent: it IS slippery, at least the tips. It's the sides of the pips that have high friction.)

I'm wondering, also, what the forum name is of the guy you're talking about on the Noppen Test forum. I know what he looks like from the video reviews those guys post here and at Noppen Test (usually the guy who posts those videos is Croudy, but his signature has double-inverted). I love the way the guy who tests the pips plays (and have watched many of his reviews, including the review of the BT), but I don't know his forum name.

Hi TT I noticed that you changed your signature set up. Could you share you impressions about it?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next