OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 17:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: LP Specific blade!
PostPosted: 04 Jul 2009, 18:09 
Chop, Rock, & Roll

mynamenotbob wrote:
If this blade doesn't follow Technical Leaflet T-4 to the letter, who knows what the ITTF would do? (Probably nothing as they're selective on the companies they target).

Probably nothing, as the ones who had to be enforcing that Technical Leaflet T-4 are the referees. Anyway, that continuity thing also happens on joola wing and other blades, even on some chinese penholder with cork on the rubber-handle gap... as long as it is outside of the hitting surface I would say it's legal.

About the blade, It's made by Sword, and they have a shop in their web, only chinese. I would say that eacheng might be stocking the blade on the future, maybe if you send them a mail telling there are a bunch of people interested...

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2009, 21:31 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

NiTTaKu wrote:
mynamenotbob wrote:
If this blade doesn't follow Technical Leaflet T-4 to the letter, who knows what the ITTF would do? (Probably nothing as they're selective on the companies they target).

Probably nothing, as the ones who had to be enforcing that Technical Leaflet T-4 are the referees. Anyway, that continuity thing also happens on joola wing and other blades, even on some chinese penholder with cork on the rubber-handle gap... as long as it is outside of the hitting surface I would say it's legal.

About the blade, It's made by Sword, and they have a shop in their web, only chinese. I would say that eacheng might be stocking the blade on the future, maybe if you send them a mail telling there are a bunch of people interested...

Thanks very much, i will begin with the information you have provided.
Thomas

PostPosted: 04 Jul 2009, 22:03 
Super User

Hi Thomas,
Try here for registration and order. I want a blade too; but I can't manage to get registered and order one. Description is in English. It might prove useful to you in order to buy the blades.

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... tion%3Dyes

http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... ls%3Den-us

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 12:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

GR wrote:
Hi Thomas,
Try here for registration and order. I want a blade too; but I can't manage to get registered and order one. Description is in English. It might prove useful to you in order to buy the blades.

I went through the registration process but had to do it on the Chinese site as the one with the translation wouldn't provide the verification code.

My initial order is for six blades unless I have any further interest. I will let everyone know if/when I get a response.
Thomas

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 12:55 
None Shall Pass!
None Shall Pass!

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: DHS G888 1.8mm
BH: Dragon Talon NT OX
theOldDuffer wrote:
GR wrote:
Hi Thomas,

I went through the registration process but had to do it on the Chinese site as the one with the translation wouldn't provide the verification code.

My initial order is for six blades unless I have any further interest. I will let everyone know if/when I get a response.
Thomas

Great!! If it works out, let me know how much and I'll send you the $$ for one.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2009, 16:24 
Liquid Evil Chopper

What is the feel of the blade? Stiff and hard?

Chop til you drop baby!

PostPosted: 17 Nov 2009, 21:32 
Super User

The feel of the blade is stiff and hard. I find that Meteor 8512 (OX) Black and Joola tango 1.2 mm on the forehand of this blade gives trouble to lot of players. Often, the opponents put the chopped ball into the net or off the table. With the forehand ball can be kept very low with chops. The balls can be kept very low; and it makes it harder for the oppenent to attack.
One needs to stay close to the table to chop, block and attack with the backhand as well as forehand.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2009, 10:50 

Here is a link to the eacheng site where these blades can be ordered for about $50.
http://www.eacheng.net/index.php?act=detail&ID=2582
This is the english eacheng site.

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2010, 19:59 

Has anybody tried Sword Subdue blade (combination - one side soft, one side hard), and was it comparable to Strange King?

http://cgi.ebay.com/T.T.--Blade:-Sword-SUBDUE-(for-Long-Pips-Out-Rubbers)_W0QQitemZ310198847796QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100206?IMSfp=TL100206015012r15786

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 09:16 

I just ordered two of these blades from Eacheng. The shipping is $22 so I ordered two instead of one for the same shipping price

USATT Rating 2105

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 10:03 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

LonnieDean wrote:
I just ordered two of these blades from Eacheng. The shipping is $22 so I ordered two instead of one for the same shipping price

Will look forward to your review, sorry I didn't get in on this sooner, If you want to sell one I will split the shipping with you. Just PM me.
Thomas

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 19:06 
Liquid Evil Chopper

Branco wrote:
Has anybody tried Sword Subdue blade (combination - one side soft, one side hard), and was it comparable to Strange King?

http://cgi.ebay.com/T.T.--Blade:-Sword-SUBDUE-(for-Long-Pips-Out-Rubbers)_W0QQitemZ310198847796QQcmdZViewItemQQimsxZ20100206?IMSfp=TL100206015012r15786

Hmm sounds like an interesting blade. Any user?

Chop til you drop baby!

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2010, 22:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Beer Belly wrote:
Branco wrote:

Hmm sounds like an interesting blade. Any user?

I bought a strange king, I was decidedly underwhelmed. I let Olivier try it and he seemed to have shard the feeling. I don't know that he posted any thing about the experience. It is tucked in among my don't do this again pile of blades.
Thomas

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 04:04 
Super User

. Strange King Blade
I bought 4 Strange King Blades. The behaviour of this blade changes according to the rubbers arranged on it. One can chop, block and hit with this blade. Forehand is fairly fast; and backhandis slightly slower. Even backhand hits are fairly fast.

It works very well against most players; and it is terrible to play against some players. Whenever a match is lost terribly, then doubt arises in the mind about the suitability of this blade.

. Sword Subdue Blade
This blade is slower than Strange King Blade. So, I didn't try to use it more often.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2010, 04:07 
Super User

GR wrote:
. Strange King Blade
I bought 4 Strange King Blades. The behaviour of this blade changes according to the rubbers arranged on it. One can chop, block and hit with this blade. Forehand is fairly fast; and backhandis slightly slower. Even backhand hits are fairly fast.

It works very well against most players; and it is terrible to play against some players. Whenever a match is lost terribly, then doubt arises in the mind about the suitability of this blade.

. Sword Subdue Blade
This blade is slower than Strange King Blade. So, I didn't try to use it more often.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next