OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Being cheated??
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 04:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I don't understand why the "old" lps ( Globe 979 ox,Bomb talent ox,Meteorite,etc..) still work fine with the new ball ,however, the manufacturers make new rubbers saying they have been specially designed for the new abs ball, meaning the older rubbers are not so ok .

Yes, it is true some new pips perform more poorly with the new ball but how then do our loved classic lps still work great even if the ball is worse???....

It means BEING AN EJ is not so necessary.Just stick to the famous GD,GLobe,Dawei,Bomb,...always cheap and effective and forget about the expensive lps,.... they add very little for the price and as the current regulations stand, do not expect a megadestroyer lp EVER !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: , unless you "TREAT" it nicely :lol: :lol: .

The exception for me is DG,which works great and it is not expensive . About TM, the price is not nice but the rubber, at least, works,.... I AM FINDING globe 979 ox + grubba all + more effective than TM..... meaning, my theory is right,.... no need for new expensive lps,... all is just hype!!! :lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: Being cheated??
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 04:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

BTW, I got a Globe 979 ox for 5€ . This is not nice for the famous expensive manufacturers ,...ah!! and the Globe is durable . Can't you really see how the " improved rubber for the new ball " is just hype???

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 10:49 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Er, put yourself in the place of the marketers. New ball comes along, what would YOU do? :lol: If you don't come out with a new rubber that is "designed for the new ball" while your competitors do, what's going to happen? Same thing with inverted sheets. You KNOW anyone is capable of hit the ball so hard it goes past the end of the table with any of the old rubbers, why does anyone really need new sheets?

Iskandar

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2019, 14:20 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Armstrong SH-I 1.8
BH: S&T Hellfire X OX
Yes I think that's true for most part. I find with LP it's best to choose something designed to suit my style and persist with it rather than swapping and changing. With inverted, I don't see the point in hyper fast rubbers unless you play wayyy back from the table. An exception with inverted might be any new rubber or sponge technology that helps increase spin to counteract the new ball.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2019, 17:24 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I guess the motivation for coming up with new stuff "designed for the new ball" is pretty clear. It's not just rubber, either - there are a bunch of blades "for the new ball". I wouldn't be surprised if I found shoes, T-shirts, shorts, bags, bat cases, etc. "designed for the new ball". Maybe even underwear.. :lol: But I think "cheating" (the consumer) isn't the proper term to use for it. Being disingenuous, perhaps.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2019, 01:44 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
charmander defender wrote:
I AM FINDING globe 979 ox + grubba all + more effective than TM..... meaning, my theory is right,.... no need for new expensive lps,... all is just hype!!! :lol: :lol:

TM's best attributes are good control and slow speed, but the disruption effects are lacking. If there is a cheap LP with similar control/speed and more disruption, I'd switch in a heartbeat. I agree that the overpriced new LP's are no better than the cheaper old ones. DG, BT and 388D1 are effective with the ABS ball but a little faster than TM.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 01:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

iskandar taib wrote:
I guess the motivation for coming up with new stuff "designed for the new ball" is pretty clear. It's not just rubber, either - there are a bunch of blades "for the new ball". I wouldn't be surprised if I found shoes, T-shirts, shorts, bags, bat cases, etc. "designed for the new ball". Maybe even underwear.. :lol: But I think "cheating" (the consumer) isn't the proper term to use for it. Being disingenuous, perhaps.

Iskandar

You are right , being disingenuous is a proper term,however, disingenuousness finally leads to cheating the consumer .This is my view.When you design for the new ball,it means improvements for the game,which is not true at all .

So the inexpensive LPs still work even better than the so called designed rubbers for the new ball .If I were an honest manufacturer, I would not sell this kind of rubbers .Isk, you seem to justify the disingenuous manufacturers . :lol:

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 01:36 
Super User

Blade: Butterfly Matsushita Pro
FH: Rakza Z
BH: Dawei 388D-1
Pretty much all marketing is "disingenuous" to some degree.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 01:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

I mean, you can't say they're wrong. The new ball is slightly bigger so it's slower, and has less spin. So if you make something a little faster and spinnier, then you are "designing for the new ball". Never mind that there are ALREADY rubbers that are faster and spinnier.. :lol: Come to think of it.. does Butterfly claim that Dignics was "designed for the new ball"? (Too lazy to go look.. :lol: )

Iskandar

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 02:38 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
Is a Mercedes-Benz really worth four times the price of a Hyundai? Premium brands in marketing aren’t about creating true value, they’re about creating the perception of value.

Overpriced pips manufacturers do the same thing. Some people here know that old standby Bomb Talent is better with the plastic ball than it was with the celluloid ball, therefore it’s also “optimized for the new ball” at a fraction of the cost.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2019, 02:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

mynamenotbob wrote:
Is a Mercedes-Benz really worth four times the price of a Hyundai? Premium brands in marketing aren’t about creating true value, they’re about creating the perception of value.

Overpriced pips manufacturers do the same thing. Some people here know that old standby Bomb Talent is better with the plastic ball than it was with the celluloid ball, therefore it’s also “optimized for the new ball” at a fraction of the cost.

very true!! ... I suggest the Bomb Talent manufacturers and the like launch the new BT,Globe 979 etc designed for the new ball,... would many of us believe all they say? , I guess , at least, we would experiment for a while too .... :lol: