OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:36

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2010, 22:20 
Incredible Shrinking Man

D.techs is very good for generating spin in chop-blocks and away from table. Most spin in black version.

3. Blade : SL Defender SL DG 0x red : Secret flow 1.8 black : Against other LP players.
4. Blade : ST Fire-starter: Easy P 0x red : Air Illumina MAX Black : Incoming
Maybe I will try sponge some day!
----------------------------------------------------------

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 00:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
Rizzelet wrote:
TraditionalTradesman wrote:
The Feint Long III is known as a pure chopping rubber.

I've been looking too long for someone to use the phrase "pure chopping rubber". My search for such a rubber is finally over, thank you. Now the real question is, is it the best "pure chopping rubber".

I think feint 2 and tsp P1-r are the "real" pure chopping rubbers. i think feint 3 is better for LP hitting than pure chopping.

In regards to the OP-what is most important is picking one good LP and working with that-having used neptune and P1-r at different times, for me neptune did hit better but I had control issues. P1-r is the LP I always come back to when I want to chop.

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 07:12 
Chopoleon Bonaparte

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defense
FH: Tibhar EvolutionELP 1.9mm
BH: Saviga Super Block OX
vanjr wrote:
I think feint 2 and tsp P1-r are the "real" pure chopping rubbers. i think feint 3 is better for LP hitting than pure chopping.

Some solid choppers I know (around 2000-2100 U.S. level) use the Feint Long 3, and they really like it, though I prefer the Xiom Guillotine I use because it's faster and softer, allowing for more spin variation and more pressure on your opponent.

IV. Sauer & Troger Firestarter; FH: Spinlord Waran 1.8mm; BH: Giant Dragon Snowflake OX

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 07:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

TraditionalTradesman wrote:
vanjr wrote:

Some solid choppers I know (around 2000-2100 U.S. level) use the Feint Long 3, and they really like it, though I prefer the Xiom Guillotine I use because it's faster and softer, allowing for more spin variation and more pressure on your opponent.

Two of our top choppers (2300-level) prefer Feint Long III over Feint Long II...

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 08:03 

I've used Feint 2 and 3 a lot. I like them both very much. Feint 2 is, IMO, the best all-around LP out there. Easy to use (it was my first) and yet is used by advanced players as well. It can hit, block, chop. I feel as comfortable attacking with it as playing pure defense.

As for Feint 3, you must generate your own spin. It's almost like using inverted. If you want heavy underspin on your chops, you have to generate it. Almost no spin reversal. Chopping w/ it is a piece of cake though -- incredible control. So, I'd say Feint 3 is THE chopper's rubber. It hits well too, but really slow b/c of very soft sponge. Just remember you must generate your own spin, which means people might be looping you off the table unless you can vary spin really well, which takes a LONG time to master.

For a new LP player I'd def recommend 2 over 3. With Feint 2 you can't go wrong. :)

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2010, 22:35 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
I would say that Dawei 388D is a very good rubber to start chopping with, better than Cloud&Fog. I also tested TSP Curl P1-r way too early. I liked to chop with it and I made some progress but when I started playing matches I in a higher tempo and was forced to chop from all kinds of ugly positions, I realised that it was too difficult for me. So I wnt to Dawei 388D and that one is WAY easier to handle (away from the table, that is). It is very forgiving, you don't need to be very precise with bat angle or anything else, you will land most balls on the table anyhow. And you don't have to chop very hard to generate enormous back spin, because with that rubber you can raly on spin reversal more than with a very grippy lp. Only problem for me was to attack with it, but many others have said that it is easy to attack with, I guess it depens on what blade you are using. I would start with a thin sponge, like 0,5 mm. Or ox. You might want to try a different sponge than the original, I used a softer japaneese. Another thing, Dawei 388D is also a very cheap rubber :) .

PostPosted: 13 Aug 2022, 12:05 

Jonan wrote:
Hello all. I've started my conversion to the dark side, much to my friends disgust, and have spent about a month practicing with long pips on my backhand, chopping as much as possible to get used to it as fast as possible. I've gotten a degree of consistency after figuring out how to chop with long pips on my own and with the help of the internet. (there aren't any long pips users at my school or my club) But people don't seem to have too much difficulty looping back my chops. I got some TSP Curl P-1 0.5mm and tried it out last night, began on Galaxy Neptune 0.7mm pinkish sponge, and the ~75 year old guy there who plays C-Pen said that chops from it seemed less "nasty" than the Neptune's, and had no problem just hitting them back in practice. Albeit I wasn't chopping that hard, but still! I read a lot of stuff about Curl and expected it to be very difficult to use and deadly, but it was really easy to pick up and use and apparently not hard to play against.

I figure there are two things I want to ask.

1. What long pips topsheet and sponge make for the heaviest backspin chops possible.

2. What is some advice on creating more deadly backspin on chops? I figure I'm not moving through the ball fast enough because I'm still new at it and kinda unsure about my motions, but I'm wondering if there's anything else, because I'm not getting any advice from around here.

p4 0.5mm does a great job in generating spin. I've tried it with Dr. N/ Barricade.
You can see it performing in this ultra slow motion video ( with a colored ball ) in a pure top-spin / chop exercise.

To see the same rubber in normal motion, you may wish to try this video:

p1R 1.5mm on VKMO is also pretty good.
You can see it in this video which is also slow motion!

By watching these videos, you can decide if it is generating any spin or not. My chopping motions are committed and active. ( Though it can be improved drastically. )

I've also played with Feint Long 2 also on Barricade and it is almost indistinguishable from p4 0.5mm on Barricade.
P1R 1.5mm is not as easy as P4 or FL2 BUT, That must be the king of LPs per Joo. Gionis uses FL2. Filus uses FL3.