OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 24 May 2013, 23:06 
Super User

Is there a section that has a collection of quick club locations/reviews? I feel like there should be, since this is one of the top table tennis forums in the world and get a fair amount of traffic, what would be better than a collection of places to play? If you linked to club website, its a great way of linkbuiling and getting them to link back here. If this exists already, it could use some help getting to a more visible spot on the forum. I am from the tristate area in the northeast, of USA. I know a dozen clubs in the area. With the wide variety of people on this forum You would have to organize is by Country then State/Province, but I think it could be a really useful piece of information. Thoughts?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 24 May 2013, 23:23 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
I think it's a great idea, and we've actually started something similar here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=11370

Unfortunuately it takes a lot of time to implement, and we'd need the help of quite a people to complete it.

I really like your idea of reviews...that would make an excellent addition.

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 00:22 
Super User

Oh that is a great start. I have been playing at 5-6 different clubs recently, all not on the map! I don't know how to add to the map or I would myself. It would be great if we could add playing times to the clubs too. For instance some clubs just meet twice a week others are dedicated facilities. I will have to give some thought to the best/easiest way to allow for all the members here to contribute to a master list/map. Then I really think it should be on the Board Index so it gets more traffic. Also I don't know what kind of control you have over the HTML here, but you could optimize some of the meta tags for better seo optimization. And it could prove to be the best collection of clubs and also drive a lot of traffic to OOAK. If anyone could put this together I have to imagine it could be the people here.

PostPosted: 25 May 2013, 09:45 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

townhousecrackers wrote:
I will have to give some thought to the best/easiest way to allow for all the members here to contribute to a master list/map.

If you have some experience in this area, I'd love to hear your ideas. Currently we use a custom Google Map, but this is not that user-friendly to use, and the map does not facilitate a search option to be able to search for clubs in your area, which I think is essential.

townhousecrackers wrote:
Then I really think it should be on the Board Index so it gets more traffic.

Yes I agree, and I would do that once it's in a usable state with a reasonable number of clubs on there already.[/quote]

PostPosted: 26 May 2013, 16:42 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

If anyone knows about the Google API, this code here is supposed to impliment a Search Box on a Google Map:
https://developers.google.com/maps/docu ... -searchbox

If anyone knows how to implement this on a Custom Google Map, please let me know so that we can implement it on our Current Table Tennis Club Map and hopefully give us some enthusiasm to get it completed.

PostPosted: 30 May 2013, 16:23 
Freak of Nature!
Freak of Nature!

You can actually add your own club to google maps proper, I except it would increase numbers on any club. Google have a option to add a "Table Tennis facility"

PostPosted: 30 May 2013, 17:37 
Count Darkula
Count Darkula

Blade: Bty Gergely T5000
FH: TSP Regalis Blue Max
BH: Tibhar Grass Dtecs
There was also this : http://tabletennislinks.ooakforum.com/ which potentially could hold just about everything you want to know about TT in any way shape or form. Unfortunately, its a lot of work to populate it. There is a fair bit in it in places though.

S/U 3: Blade: Bty Gergely . No rubbers...thinking of adding Red Dtecs and Black Rasant
Aussie Table Tennis Shop / Aussie Table Tennis Facebook Page / Equipment Review Index / Read my Reb Report Blog: click here.