OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2019, 08:06 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I wonder if there is a way to send a message to multiple forum members at the same time .If I want to send the same message to different forum members, I have to copy and paste and send again and again .

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have this option? . :?:

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2019, 10:47 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
charmander defender wrote:
I wonder if there is a way to send a message to multiple forum members at the same time .If I want to send the same message to different forum members, I have to copy and paste and send again and again .

Wouldn't it be a good idea to have this option? . :?:

No you don't. See the screen print of my user control panel.
Attachment:
sending messages.JPG
sending messages.JPG [ 116.45 KiB | Viewed 3634 times ]

Your user control panel has the option to "compose message" and within that adding forum members name to a "send to" list found on the upper left side of your screen. One message can therefore be sent to multiple forum members in one go. The only time delay is adding the members to your send to list.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2019, 20:59 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Thank you so much ! you are very kind! :)

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2019, 01:08 
Super User

Personally, I don't want the option to be part of this community. There are enough spammers here already to not warrant giving them more tools. If you are to involve multtiple parties in a discussion, might as well make it public and contribute to knowledge sharing.

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2019, 01:55 
Kim Is My Shadow
Kim Is My Shadow

Blade: ?
FH: ?
BH: ?
lasta wrote:
Personally, I don't want the option to be part of this community. There are enough spammers here already to not warrant giving them more tools. If you are to involve multtiple parties in a discussion, might as well make it public and contribute to knowledge sharing.

Within the User Control Panel, you have the option to make forum members (the community here) "friends or foes". If you mark someone as a "foe" not only will they be prevented from messaging you, any posts they make in forum topics will be blanked out too.

This is from the FAQ link towards the top right of the screen

"What are my Friends and Foes lists?
You can use these lists to organise other members of the board. Members added to your friends list will be listed within your User Control Panel for quick access to see their online status and to send them private messages. Subject to template support, posts from these users may also be highlighted. If you add a user to your foes list, any posts they make will be hidden by default."

I've used this in the past. It can spoil the logic of some threads as posts will be missing but it also prevents "spammers" from being distracting.

If any forum member feels they are being personally "spammed" I'm pretty sure a simple message to a moderator will put an end to that problem.