OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 13:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2015, 21:58 

___

Yinhe / Galaxy Uranus poly Jean

New Model 2014 !!!

Uranus Poly is the latest pips out table tennis rubber from Yinhe Galaxy. It is designed with the new non-celluloid ball in mind. With strong build-in tensor effect, the softer sponge enables fester rebounds while maximizing rubber surface and ball contact. Uranus Poly provides enhansed speed and improved arc. Uranus Poly is a force multiplier for the offensive pips out player.

The difference with the regular Uranus Poly short pips is that using special technologie the manufacturer has inegrated textile material between the sponge and the pips. This gives additional control and helpes create tricky "dead" balls.

Sponge thickness : 2.0mm

Sponge Hardness : Soft (36 degree)
___

I do not find infos about this rubber.
Can anyone give some words?

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2016, 20:14 

Hello. I use it on my backhand, in Ox. Pips are 1.05 mm * 2 mm, the base thickness is 0.5, pips are very hard, bend only on high pressure, sides are grippy, tops very slippy.
On a fast carbon blade, I can hit through spin, but also push but only long because I need to bend the pips so big pressure, and very easy to flip all the short balls, I grip the ball by the side. Easy to push topspin and backspin ball with an open blade, no bending pips, and the spin is returned like with a regular long pips.
The thickness of the base and the hardness of the pips allow to hit very hard without the need to reglue the rubber each month or twice a month like with the globe 888, for exemple.
So very happy with this rubber. Before I used Kokutaku 110, Globbe 888, 889-2, Meteor 575 and 71-2. No need for me to try something else. Hope it helps ?

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 13:12 

Uranus Poly Jeans! I will have this rubber on Saturday. Will post a review (I'm not worthy to be a reviewer, but well..) if I find someone to play with.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

All decked with DHS H3Neo
and Yinhe Moon! I'm cured from low-level EJ'ying!

On to the next TT journey!

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2016, 20:02 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

OK, I've found the Poly...

How do the Jeans come into this?? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 10:28 

http://www.pingpongonline.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=980&products_id=12169

Kindly click the pic to enlarge it. You can see LEVIs in the bottom right. ;) My order has been delayed because of Halloween celebration. The question is does the cloth layer really help in producing dead or knuckleballs?

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 11:32 
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?
Do you feel lucky (young) punk?

Blade: Juic Hinoki One Ply
FH: Tibhar 5Q
BH: Scandal
Another question; is the cloth between the rubber and sponge legal?

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 13:43 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Interesting. And bizarre. I thought it'd be OX (you're allowed to have a cloth backing on OX) but this is max sponge. So what's the deal with the "fester" rebounds? :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 15:02 

Fester - Means your playing with this rubber, in time, will become offensive and intense :D

I have read in this forum about cloth backed 0X but not with sponge. We will see.

BTW, among the TT things that I ordered is a Yin-he T-11+ * LKT PRO XP 2.0mm * 755 0X set for a lady friend. She must have tried a carbon blade before because she insisted she liked carbon. Or have been brainwashed by a misguided player or coach. Either way, I hope it does work for her (erratic) blocking BH (755) and (slow)hitting FH (thin lkt). The yinhe was the cheapest and lightest I could find, in her budget.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2016, 20:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

Try a N11 instead. Only $11 including shipping... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2016, 09:45 

She does not want to touch my DHS 5 ply blade. Bad case of mind conditioning from coach :D
As for me, the cheap DHS wind1030 proved to be an ideal blade for casual play and informal competition. It is hard and fast but loopable and good for touch play using SP and I twiddle too.
No more dreaming of expensive butterfly blades!

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2016, 21:23 

The Uranus Poly jean arrived along with 563-1 in 1.5mm, Mercury II and a free 755 LP 0X. I tried the 563-1 first and after 2 hours of playing it on FH, I entirely forgot how to loop altogether! Flat horizontal strokes are super low and fast, and when I can't block, I can sort of loop the ball, returning it very very low to the BH. Any semi high ball can be hit. It's a very good MP for beginners like me. I used the hard and stiff feeling DHS Wind 1030.

I will try the Uranus Poly jean tomorrow.

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 11:01 

I played very early today. Just an hour. Yin he Mercury II BH and the Uranus poly jean SP forehand. I don't have much experience with rubbers but all I can say is I like this combination. The feel is solid for both rubbers. The Mercury II (61g uncut) is medium tacky, spinny, medium throw(compared to the high throwing H3neo) and does loop and hit pretty well.

Uranus Jean(53g uncut) is awesome for my simple strategy of looping (little spin but very very low) and then getting close to the table to hit the return. Push is spinny and serving is excellent as well(it is better than the 802 for me). It is more controllable and faster than 802 2.0mm and the 563-1 1.5mm. Using it for BH is equally awesome as well. Flipping is good and fast but I think the thin sponged 563-1 is better at this stroke (balls skid because of lack of spin with the MP). Blocking is good and there is some wobble though not as much as the 563-1. The Uranus, though, is the best for hitting. I can hit top of the bounce. Hitting just after the bounce is also easy with an open racket and a forward-little upward motion. To put more variety to my play, I twiddle but only when I think that the opponent is getting used to one rubber in a particular stroke.

All in all, I would keep these rubbers on my DHS w1030 which is stiff and hard. They suit my kind of intermediate beginner play and are cheap to boot. :up: I hope the more I play with these, the I will improve.

P.S. As a way of sharing my experience, I sometimes teach other players that started playing after me as we're just semi-serious players without coaches. One of them is a distance looper. He plays well but can't sustain rallies with blockers and all around players. I suggested he get close to the table and not try to loop and attack all balls, blocking after every 1 or two loops. His game improved and now I got a excellent practice partner to try my pips strokes with :lol:

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 11:51 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

j2sip wrote:
Uranus Jean(53g uncut) is awesome for my simple strategy of looping (little spin but very very low) and then getting close to the table to hit the return.

Sort of picking nits here, but I don't think that sounds like a loop... :lol:

Iskandar

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2016, 12:15 

:lol: beginner's ignorance of TT terms. Quasi-loop, if you may. The stroke comes from down below, and with more forward motion. But, yes, instead of doing a loonnngg follow thru, you stop the stroke at shoulder or face level. I found out that a loop (using SPs) ends up like a strong topspin serve :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

DHS 301
Adidas Hypertouch
Reactor CA-1

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2019, 10:35 

j2sip wrote:

I have read in this forum about cloth backed 0X but not with sponge. We will see.

confirm "with sponge has cloth in between" ?