OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:56

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2020, 12:41 

Blade: ZJK SZLC (Cpen)
FH: Impartial XS 2.1 mm (SP)
BH: Dignics 09C 2.1mm
bbkon wrote:
AMZ wrote:
Currently I'm using this Impartial XS when I followed closely Germany Oplympian Shan Xiaona change to this SP rubber from her previous SP rubber which was Flarestorm II. The Impartial XS is a really powerful rubber which catapult ball very fast and spin really heavy when use with body movement instead only using wrist/arm (I'm a penholder). I use this rubber with ZJK SZLC identical setup with Shan Xiaona :D

Can watch her action in many YouTube video. She is singla side player, using TBH/TBP (no RPB)

how about blocking spinny loops?

Must close the bat angle a bit or can brush the looped ball to the side to make it "side chop block"... It will return to the opponent bottom side spin and have some wobble. Can see how Shan Xiano done it.

And now I try to versatile on blocking. Instead of blocking I learn to counter loop using RPB

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2020, 18:22 

Blade: Bty Timo Boll ALC
FH: Yasaka Rakza Po max
BH: DMS Storkraft 1.2
I am reading your comments and I think that DMS Firestorm 2.1 has all you need in active game. Speed, spin on open and serve, control and relative flat trajectories in blocks and destorbing effect when hit hard, smash. Booster falco long gives all stokes better in attack.

Some comparations Firestorm with xs and spinpips or similar????

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2020, 16:47 

Blade: xiom hinoki s7
FH: dms firestorm
mataxxl wrote:
I am reading your comments and I think that DMS Firestorm 2.1 has all you need in active game. Speed, spin on open and serve, control and relative flat trajectories in blocks and destorbing effect when hit hard, smash. Booster falco long gives all stokes better in attack.

Some comparations Firestorm with xs and spinpips or similar????
I'm also using dms firestorm soft max, I really like that rubber it's the best for close to the table I have tried, I notice on this firestorm is spinny in serve and chop but almost no spin in topspin, that's for the soft max.

Sent from my vivo 1906 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2020, 02:15 
Super User

AMZ wrote:
bbkon wrote:
AMZ wrote:
Currently I'm using this Impartial XS when I followed closely Germany Oplympian Shan Xiaona change to this SP rubber from her previous SP rubber which was Flarestorm II. The Impartial XS is a really powerful rubber which catapult ball very fast and spin really heavy when use with body movement instead only using wrist/arm (I'm a penholder). I use this rubber with ZJK SZLC identical setup with Shan Xiaona :D

Can watch her action in many YouTube video. She is singla side player, using TBH/TBP (no RPB)

how about blocking spinny loops?

Must close the bat angle a bit or can brush the looped ball to the side to make it "side chop block"... It will return to the opponent bottom side spin and have some wobble. Can see how Shan Xiano done it.

And now I try to versatile on blocking. Instead of blocking I learn to counter loop using RPB

I meant if the rubber if very sensitive to spin.nittaku beautry has low spin sensitivity

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2023, 23:27 
Super User

I have been playing with 2.1mm XS Impartial red on my forehand with a Stiga Carbonardo 245.

This rubber is so, so fast.

The only other SP rubber i can remember that generates speed like this one was Joola Ultra.

The Max thickness sponge i use may have a lot to do with it.

Super highly impressed with this rubber.

Insanely easy to use moving from inverted.

On the Rev spin website someone said it is between inverted and SP and i agree.

If you lift the ball too steep it will slip and go into the net.

Also if you lift the ball too steep you get NO reversal.

You need to lift the ball quite shallow to gain max speed and as a huge bonus your shots will go lower over the net and produce decent reversal.

I have ordered another 2.1 red for my other blade. Cannot emphasize enough how impressed i am with this rubber. Very consistent and off the charts fast.

Was previously using 05 Dignics max on my forehand and this rubber is almost as quick.

Slower on brush loops but on flatter shots the speed is similar.

My serve with the Impartial rubber i think is better than with 05 as the ball i think slips slightly off the rubber reducing its speed which results in a shorter serve. No visible reduction in the amount of spin i am getting compared to 05 which is surprising.

I have a 1.5 mm Spin pips and comparing the difference in speed is night and day.

Last edited by mac33 on 31 Aug 2023, 04:05, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 30 Aug 2023, 23:57 

Blade: Xiom ICE CREAM AZX
FH: VICTAS 102 (ZLC side)2 mm
BH: Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5m
nathanso wrote:
More play time with Impartial XS, this time on a fast Poplar/carbon blade where it was better matched than my 3-ply wood blade. But side-by-side test against JOOLA Express Ultra showed me that Impartial XS generates less spin on serve and has more reaction to incoming spin. Speed was there, yes, but not appreciably more than JOOLA EU or Victas VO > 102.

I am a Victas VO > 102 lover for my FH because it provides both speed and control. Do you that Impartial XS gives you enough control comparing with 102?

Blade#1: Xiom ICE CREAM AZX
Blade#2: Nittaku Acoustic Carbon Inner
Blade#3: Joo Saehyuk
FH: VICTAS 102 2.0mm
BH#1: Spinlord Gipfelsturm 1.5mm (ALC side)
BH#2: Nittaku DO Knuckle 1.4mm
BH#3: Yasaka Anti Power

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2023, 15:31 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:
I used XB in 1.7 sponge, and during passive blocks it actually reversed the spin at times. Otherwise it would send back fairly dead balls. If I bumped a bit into the ball (brushing upward) I could send back top spin. But again, the 1.7 sponge on a Dr N firewall plus was actually returning balls with reversed spin (that is, incoming top spin was returned as slight backspin when blocking).

*** oops... :oops:

Just re-read the thread title some weeks later -- I have impartial xB! Not XS, so my review is for that rubber.

It makes me wonder if XB is a rebranded
Flarestorm II

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2023, 08:20 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

https://sun9-29.userapi.com/impg/_8isWL ... ype=albumu

Discontinued from LARC 2005 for having non standard geometry on pips out,

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2023, 12:34 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku: Shake Defense
FH: Andro: Rasanter R48 1.7
BH: Spinlord: Leviathan 1A ox
igorponger wrote:
https://sun9-29.userapi.com/impg/_8isWLiXvpLUFsJvso9YSkx2WuZ-tRKChTGMTA/I95YnFuX0js.jpg?size=456x497&quality=96&sign=86dc2d78932ccbbe42564afc5a5d3099&type=albumu

Discontinued from LARC 2005 for having non standard geometry on pips out,

Soooooooo igorbot, have you by any chance checked the dates recently? Are you aware its now 2023? :lol: What relevance does a LARC discontinuation in 2005 have with 2023?