OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 10:25

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 05 Dec 2018, 15:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
bbkon wrote:
nathanso wrote:
bbkon wrote:
How is the block against spinny loops and attack? A guy told me that plays like smooth

It plays somewhat like an inverted rubber but no inverted rubber can flat hit like this one! Smack! Click! Gone! I'm still working out how insensitive it is to incoming loops.. more on that later.

Sounds like a beautry clone . How flat is the arc?

If I remember correctly, Beautry has vertical pips while this one has horizontal. It's also softer, faster, and corkier than Beautry. The arc is low but very usable, i.e. easy to keep the ball on the table when counter-driving.

PostPosted: 08 Dec 2018, 10:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

I had occasion to practice against a higher-rated power looper yesterday and was happy to discover that Moristo SP Ax's resistance to topspin is pretty darn good! It doesn't have the spin-killing ability of TSP Spinpips RED but I was able to control and return loop after loop with SP Ax. SP Ax's hallmark continues to be its blinding hitting speed: If an opponent gets out of position or off balance, a little punch with SP Ax quickly puts the ball past them with zero chance of them chasing it down. If I'm able to generate a kill shot opportunity, the resulting drive is often moving too fast for an opponent to even react to. Fun stuff! On serve, SP Ax's spin isn't nearly up to Spinpips RED's juking capabilities but SP Ax is able to impart enough spin to cause mis-hits and even an occasional whiff. In its first outing at league night I beat an opponent 3-0 who beat me 3-1 when I last played him a few weeks ago using Spinpips RED.

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2018, 14:44 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

WHAT CHINA TWIN TO MORISTO SP ??????

Noway am I a money waster. I just took some thorough exploration into Eacheng inventory for a cheaper version of Moristo SP rubber. And the result is quiet rousing.

1. BOMB Hammer 2.0 tension, short pips rubber should be a true candidate.

2. Another proper candidate, GLOBE 889-2, mid-soft thick sponge 1.8 mm would be a worthy emulator of Moristo rubber.

The best-known marketplace to buy original Moristo SP is tt-japan.com an affable shopkeeper English speaking. N<N<JLUYUTUYR/ Lets play the game.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 01:33 

Blade: Toni Hold White Spot
FH: Rakza 7, 2.0mm
BH: Mark V, 2.0mm
I am considering buying this. I currently play with Moristo SP 2.0mm on BH.

nathanso, any updates on how the rubber is performing for you? Have you made the switch to this one for good?

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 04:14 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Casperin wrote:
I am considering buying this. I currently play with Moristo SP 2.0mm on BH.

nathanso, any updates on how the rubber is performing for you? Have you made the switch to this one for good?

I would say no since I'm right now testing two other SP rubbers. Moristo SP Ax improved my game over Spinpips RED due mainly to its faster speed which greatly helped my blocking game. But I grew dissatisfied with its sensitivity to incoming spin, most notably against topspin loops. I'm currently testing Andro Blowfish+ as well as JOOLA Express Ultra and will post comments in the coming weeks.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 05:53 

Moristo AX should be as fast as Beautry and spinnier. Am I right?
Nittaku specs say that Hammond speed is faster than Moristo AX. Is it true?

Regular Moristo is faster than Waran but the later is spinnier when you dig into the pimples and it´s also more deceptive on blocks.
Andro Blowfish is faster than Moristo but it's not deceptive.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 06:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

cmugica wrote:
Moristo AX should be as fast as Beautry and spinnier. Am I right?
Nittaku specs say that Hammond speed is faster than Moristo AX. Is it true?

Regular Moristo is faster than Waran but the later is spinnier when you dig into the pimples and it´s also more deceptive on blocks.
Andro Blowfish is faster than Moristo but it's not deceptive.

Moristo SP Ax is faster than Beautry and spinnier.
I've never tried Hammond Speed but have my doubts that a pre-40+ rubber would be faster than Moristo SP Ax.
I have Waran and never thought it was spinny or even good.
My initial testing of Blowfish+ shows that, probably by virtue of its vertically-oriented pips, it plays very flat and is harder for opponents to play against than Moristo SP Ax. Blowfish+ speed is somewhere between Spinpips RED and Moristo SP Ax.

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2019, 20:59 

Thanks nathanso. I ordered a sheet in 2.0mm to try out. If anyone's interested, then I don't mind doing a write-up of my findings. :)

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2019, 07:27 

Thank you nathanso.

It's what I thought. Hammond speed is rated 14 for speed by Nittaku and Moristo AX and Beautry are rated 13.50.
I don't believe those ratings are accurate.

Waran is quite spinny when you chop over the table.

I am looking for a very fast but not very spinny short pip. Maybe Moristo AX on a thin sponge (1.5) would be a good option.
Any thoughts?

Casperin, I'm interested in your review. Mostly if Moristo AX can be deceptive when you hit and block.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2019, 08:38 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

cmugica wrote:
I am looking for a very fast but not very spinny short pip. Maybe Moristo AX on a thin sponge (1.5) would be a good option.
Any thoughts?
One experienced player who tried my Moristo SP Ax 2.0mm thought it was bottoming out on harder hits so the 1.5mm version might be problematic in that regard. DOUBLE FISH 820A ATTACK might be what you're looking for https://www.zeropong.com/pips-out-rubbe ... tffsscrss4 It's been a few years since I've owned a sheet it but from what I remember it's very fast with not much spin.

PostPosted: 26 Jan 2019, 03:43 

cmugica I'm probably too new in the pips world to give you a qualified answer.

I got it today and have just glued it on a spare 5 ply wood. I won't get a chance to play until Sunday, and if that goes well again Monday.

From bouncing a ball around with it, it honestly felt a lot like an inverted rubber. With the normal Moristo SP I can make the rubber sort of slide across the ball to make it produce very little spin (despite the big motion), but that didn't really work with the Ax. I suspect it isn't very deceptive.

PostPosted: 27 Jan 2019, 19:35 

I was thinking to buy 1.5mm moristo ax in order to have deception in blocks and flat hits and fast speed.
I dont mind if it bottoms in flat hits. It will be used on backhand

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2019, 00:46 

I just got back from playing with it for 2-3 hours.

I used a black 2.0mm sheet on my backhand. Blade was Butterfly Petr Korbel. My FH is easily my most dominant, and my footwork is good enough that I will regularly round the corner to do a FH loop from my BH side.

I usually play with a Butterfly Innerforce ZLC with a 2.2mm MoristoSp in the backhand.

Here are some photos: https://imgur.com/a/ZXHuDLR

The slower blade and thinner sponge made a huge difference for me. The Ax felt slower than the original, though I'm fairly certain that isn't actually the case.

Ax seemed much harder than the original Moristo too; yet more grippy. Opening up pushes from the opponent with the backhand was easier (also helped a lot by the slower blade of course). In the doubles I played I had no problems opening up serves straight away. Lots of fun.

To me it felt like Ax is half way towards an inverted rubber, but it has all the good things about SP that I like: Accuracy and speed and a lot of insensitivity towards incoming spin, and of course you can hit as flat as with any other SP.

As nathanso already said, it does react more to incoming spin than other SPs. I had problems with one guy's serves, but I beat him regardless and I usually don't.

Since the rubber is harder, you have to work with it more. It was much easier to vary the speed for me, and for what it's worth, when caught away from the table, I managed to get most of my chops to hit the table as well. Lot's of control.

Towards the end I started getting comfortable enough with the rubber to hit really fast and snappy shots with the backhand; maintaining the pressure until I got a ball I could kill with my FH. Felt amazing.

Overall a success. I need to work with it more, but I think I'll stick with this one. :)

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2019, 22:50 

Thank you Casperin.
Nathanso how are you doing with blowfish +?

I tried regular blowfish. It was faster than regular moristo but it played like inverted. It was not deceptive.

PostPosted: 29 Jan 2019, 03:32 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

cmugica wrote:
Thank you Casperin.
Nathanso how are you doing with blowfish +?

I tried regular blowfish. It was faster than regular moristo but it played like inverted. It was not deceptive.

I'll address Blowfish+ in a separate thread so this thread remains focused on Moristo SP Ax.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next