OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 19:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 27 Dec 2019, 03:57 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
You could try the new Spinlord Wyvern in 1.8mm or 2mm. more spinny than Waran but less nasty

Standard firestorm is supposed to have a fair bit of disruptive effect like Waran, but not so much the soft version

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2020, 08:32 
Super User

Blade: Sanwei Fextra 7
FH: PALIO AK47 Red
BH: Dr. Neubauer K.O. Pro 1.5
Tried Wyvern. Not sure if it has more spin in average hands.
Waran1's sponge is much softer. Wyvern's topsheet is not that different and the sponge is harder and less elastic.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2020, 11:18 
Super User

Blade: Yinhe V14 Pro
FH: Harder Chinese rubber
BH: Softer Chinese/ESN rubber
I've also tried the Wyvern, and I agree that it doesn't seem to be more spinny than the Waran, despite what Spinlord's saying. Although the Wyvern's sponge is much harder, I didn't find any significant differences in playing characteristics compared to the Waran, somehow.

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2020, 12:44 
Super User

ziv wrote:
I've also tried the Wyvern, and I agree that it doesn't seem to be more spinny than the Waran, despite what Spinlord's saying. Although the Wyvern's sponge is much harder, I didn't find any significant differences in playing characteristics compared to the Waran, somehow.

Classic sign that your skills have surpassed the minor differences provided by equipment. Congratulations!

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 06:40 
Super User

I preferred the feeling of the first Waran. I think Waran 1 has higher throw as I cannot adapt myself to Wyvern (frequent net balls).

PostPosted: 11 Jan 2020, 06:43 
Super User

Thanks, lasta! Hope you're right. ;)

Omut, I think it makes sense since the Wyvern's sponge is harder and thus probably has less "tension" effect than the Waran's.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2020, 03:56 
Super User

I decided to stop testing of Wyvern 2.0 red. I feel that it is nor faster nor spinnier then Waran 1, probably quit opposite.
The throw is lower that makes the rubber more difficult to use.

Blue sponge is very fragile so it is impossible to remove the Spinlord Wyvern rubber without damaging it and even leaving parts of the sponge on the wood (I used old VOC glue). I do not like the new sponge at all.

The new topsheet is nice but the difference is insignificant especially considering much higher price.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2020, 12:47 
Super User

ziv wrote:
bbkon wrote:
Can anyone confirm that firestorm soft has the same disturbance of waran?

I'd say that the Firestorm Soft has very little, if any, disturbance.
It is very spinny, and the topsheet is even tacky - I think it was able to lift the ball. However, I found the FS to be very blade sensitive - for me, it was playable on only one of my blades, the Sanwei Fextra.

how is FS compared to waran? my 2 last waran sheets were harder than the 1st waran sheet I tried all of them had the same yellow.

I m confused about disturbance of FS ,is it better than waran?

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2020, 16:45 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
The current Waran/Keiler sponge is definitely harder and less bouncy than the original. One poster suggested softening it by applying a booster and then leaving for a few weeks before applying itto blade.

Firestorm (standard not soft) is supposed to have quite good disturbance for a spinny SP according to the Geblock TT review. Not sure what ball they used though as disturbance for most SPs has reduced with the ABS ball which is why I now use MPs.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 00:58 
Super User

ChasFox wrote:
You could try the new Spinlord Wyvern in 1.8mm or 2mm. more spinny than Waran but less nasty

Standard firestorm is supposed to have a fair bit of disruptive effect like Waran, but not so much the soft version

FS more disturbance than waran?

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 02:44 
Super User

bbkon wrote:
ziv wrote:
bbkon wrote:
Can anyone confirm that firestorm soft has the same disturbance of waran?

I'd say that the Firestorm Soft has very little, if any, disturbance.
It is very spinny, and the topsheet is even tacky - I think it was able to lift the ball. However, I found the FS to be very blade sensitive - for me, it was playable on only one of my blades, the Sanwei Fextra.

how is FS compared to waran? my 2 last waran sheets were harder than the 1st waran sheet I tried all of them had the same yellow.

I m confused about disturbance of FS ,is it better than waran?

The FS sponge is extremely soft, much softer than the Waran's. I think that the FS is also spinnier.

With respect to the disturbance, I'm not quite sure - perhaps, the FS has little less disturbance due to being more spinny.
It's also important to remember that disturbance depends on the blade to a great extent. For example, the Waran was very disturbing when I tried it on the P700 blade. But I couldn't effectively play with that setup due to the weight of the blade and the difficulty that it took me to loop with my inverted rubber.

As I said, I only used the FS on the Fextra blade whose top ply is soft and thus produces little disturbance compared to hard plies.

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 15:32 

Blade: xiom hinoki s7
FH: dms firestorm
im playing with.FS 1.8 aoft for the.last 6 months it is the best sp i have tried, spin and control is similar to 802_40 but a lot more faster, there this new sp yinhe uranus pro, you can look at youtube, it is horizontal with conical pips seems.similar to waran and FS, i just orderes mine

Sent from my Redmi 6A using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2020, 17:40 

Blade: xiom hinoki s7
FH: dms firestorm

PostPosted: 25 Feb 2022, 14:47 
Super User

rbrockerhoff wrote:
After several days of trying out the Moristo SP Ax (max) on my spare racket, I've decided not to go back to the Victas V>102.
Impressions are of course subjective, but it seems a bit spinnier, more forgiving of small racket angle errors, and flat-hit balls are much faster — at least the opponents complain more.

I also took the opportunity to switch my forehand rubber from Tenergy 25 to Victas V>402 Double Extra, and the same comments apply; my forehand drives are much more consistent now.

oponents complaim more? speed,balls to the net, spin?

PostPosted: 22 May 2022, 01:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

THIS IS AN ATHLETIC GAME, ANYWAY. OVERALL STAMINA IS NEEDED FIRST..

Uranus Poly + strong legs makes you a devilish bombard. Lazy ones should avoid using SP.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next