OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 15:10

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2021, 18:52 

Blade: Neub. Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Nittaku Fastarc G1 2.0
BH: Dr Neub Desperado OX
TORNADO SUPREME

High speed and remarkable spin with short pimples

This short pimple rubber was developed for players seeking fast winning shots through both high speed an lots of spin.

TORNADO SUPREME comes with an innovative very fast sponge which allows for high dynamics for an offensive type of game. Both counter-attacking and strong hitting can be performed at ease.

The fast and spinny ball that is thus created will literally "jump" at your opponent, causing confusion and direct mistakes.

The rubber is also very effective for a modern short pips attacking game based on rotation. The pimples are very large and enable the player to produce a surprising level of spin while serving and looping.

This makes TORNADO SUPREME a great alternative for short pimple players who need both speed and spin to win the point.
It is also an excellent choice for inverted rubber player who wish to try short pimples.

Category: Short pimples
Colours: red +black
Sponge: 1.2+1.5+1.8+2.0+2.2mm
Speed: 110
Spin: 92
Control: 86

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2021, 18:53 

Dr Neubauer Tornado Supreme 1.5 black review:

A little bit more about the Tornado Supreme 1.5, testing:
The sponge is very fast indeed, no need to worry about opponents spin. 8)
You can attack the balls very easy, very fast when attack / counter attack and hitting. No special sink / deception like with medium pips.
The fast and spinny balls that can be created where the ball ‘jumps’ to the opponent and causes mistakes and direct points / confusion are there for me:
They are there but you have to find the right technique: good and fast wrist movement or fast large arm stroke. Ball kicks away. Especially on second / third ball attack (the moment where you choose to accelerate). You can definitely speed up / suprise in the rally with the extra kick. Control is for such a fast sponge pretty ok. High speed and good spin as it is advertised. Make sure you expect the ball back soon also. :punch:

You really have to understand the sponge and find the technique to accelerate the ball. That’s important. :up:
Then you can really keep your opponent busy with the different speed in the ball you can give. :devil:
For the passive strokes the control is good, also because of the large pimples of the Tornado sheet.
It is like it is advertised: players looking for speed and spin + inverted players for trying short pips.

That was my test about the Tornado Supreme 1.5 black.

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2021, 19:12 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Thanks for the review BJ20 an ability to be able to accelerate the ball with some spin is really useful with the latest ABS balls especially against players not giving one much pace which is common at club level.

Is the sponge a dense blue colour with glue pre applied and what was the approx. sheet/cut weight

Having quite liked Explosion but found it a bit slow, I have just bought the new extreme version in 1.5mm black at the special intro price. On checking the sheet weight it was a 60gm :^) which is 10-15 gm heavier than other 1.5mm short pips and nearer a 1.8mm or even 2mm inverted so I may not be able to use it. :(

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2021, 21:08 

The sponge under the Tornado Supreme sheet 1.5 had a yellow sponge not a blue one.
I don't remember if it had a little bit glue already on the sponge.
On the other hand if it is pre-glued or not: it doesn't matter for me personal because i always put glue on my blade and the rubber.

I didn't weight it when it came out of the package.
But when it was cutted on my blade it weight +-40gr.
Keep in mind that it was glued on my Firewall Plus blade.
So it is a little bit bigger than other blade.

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2021, 11:08 

Hi guys,

I have been playing with Dr.Neubauer Tornado Supreme TS (Red/1.8 mm) on High Technology Cypress Carbon for a couple of months. Following is my review:

1. 41 gm after cut, pimples horizontally aligned and rubber comes in with built-in speed glue.

2. It is very easy to play and particularly good for those who like to convert from inverted rubber to short pimple like me.

3. Don't expect much deceptive and knuckle effect. What TS does is speed and power. It is very easy to launch fast attack for winning shots.

4. TS plays very live on Dr.Neubauer High Technology Cypress Carbon blade. I can do FH chop, FH drives, loop, block and push pretty well. I also twiddle to use it on BH. It does provide with very good control and consistency.

5. I have tried many short pimples in the past. I am very impressed with TS which becomes my main weapon now and I have put others aside.

Following youtube video link shows Torando Supreme in action during a practice/test hit:

Hope you enjoy watching it and gives you another alternative to choose in short pimple!

Cheers :) :) :)
StephenTaiTT Channel

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2021, 08:13 

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Bloodhound
FH: Dr. Neubauer Killer 1,5
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS2 2,5
Can you compare Tornado Supreme with eg Waran, Tornado Ultra, Rakza PO, etc.?

PostPosted: 25 Nov 2021, 13:16 

Hi Mekvak,

I haven't played Tornado Ultra before, so hard to comment. I have just converted from inverted rubber to short pips for a few months. I have limited experience. I did try the Yasaka PO. To me, it is very much the same as Tornado Supreme in play. TS is a bit harder than PO. PO is a very good rubber in terms of mild spin, drives, smashes, block and pushes. Only difference is I feel TS has more speed,cataput and easy to play and launch attack. I use it mainly on FH and sometimes twiddle to BH.
Waran I is much softer and plays not bad. It is slower than the others. Waran II is harder and plays better.
Waran I and II are around E$22, PO is E$37 and TS is E$32. All SPs mentioned, I do not find much disruptive and sinking effects.
I am not sure you are looking for a new SP or intending to convert to SP. To get the right SP, it would be much better to look for more reviews and watch videos on youtube to decide which one you want to go. Most important of all, select the one which suits your style of play!

Cheers!
StephentaiTT

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2021, 01:22 

Hi Pingpongstephen,

Thank you so much for your time and your observations. I'm currently playing Tornado Ultra, but I've also tried Killer, Killer Pro, Degu, Warana, Bty Challenger Attack. The best for me is the Tornado Ultra and that's why I'm interested in Tornado Supreme. I watch a lot on youtube, but there is one video with TS :). Then I will also give a review

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2021, 00:05 

Blade: Viscaria
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
I use TORNADO ULTRA 1,5 red and it is great one, stiff but fast and I think about Tornado Extreme too so I have the same problems
buy or not to buy, EJ Shakespeare

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2021, 10:51 

Blade: Viscaria
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
Sorry guys, for another comment
I saw on tt Maximus page from Ukraine that they have photo of Tornado Supreme.
We can see that TS is horizontal like TU. TE, Has different pimple structure.
Tornado Supreme looks promising and I will buy 1,8

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2022, 00:21 

I have Tornado Supreme in 1,5 and it is best rubber for forehand for me. TS has all, it is my golden grail :-D

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2022, 03:09 
Super User

mekvak wrote:
I have Tornado Supreme in 1,5 and it is best rubber for forehand for me. TS has all, it is my golden grail :-D

I see you were using Killer on the FH what do you like better with TS?

PostPosted: 20 Jan 2022, 03:22 

ChasFox wrote:
mekvak wrote:

I see you were using Killer on the FH what do you like better with TS?

I have anti ABS2EVO on BH and Killer hasn't spin. This is not good combi for me. TU has very good spin and I can play more variably. Tu has also very very good control.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2022, 15:55 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I've got a sheet of Dr Neubauer Tornado Supreme 1.5 black on order from TT11 (the 1.8 was oos). Currently playing SP FH with TSP Spinpips Blue 1.5 or 1.8. Formerly used BTY Impartial XS, Victas VO > 102, JOOLA Express Ultra, and a tested many others. Hopes are high!

PostPosted: 30 Jan 2022, 20:49 
Super User

This topic also raises an interesting debate as to thin sponge vs thick sponge for short pips on the forehand.

Having played SP and MP on the BH for a few years I am now attempting the switch to a fast SP on the FH for ease of blocking loops and aggressive at the table play. My initial thoughts are thin sponge e.g. 1.5mm on a fast but not too hard blade. With thick sponge OK away from the table but lack of feel and precision in the short game.

The trend over the last few years at least on this forum seems to have been for SPs with thick soft sponge, but with rubbers like TS we have a move here towards thinner harder sponge on at least off- blades as shown to good effect in the Maxim Cherepnin video review.