OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:05

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2022, 17:58 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
I have been surprised with the sub-2.0mm SP sponges on TSP Spinpips Blue and Victas VO > 102. I was expecting less spin and occasional bottoming out (and I hit hard) but experienced neither! Control is higher and speed lower.. a tradeoff I'll gladly accept because it's usually easy to add speed with stroke. The tight arcs I get on over-the-table flicks using TSP Spinpips Blue 1.5mm is a beautiful thing. And spin on service using the thinner-sponged SPs is every bit as good as with the thicker ones.

PostPosted: 31 Jan 2022, 19:41 
Super User

Blade: S&T Black & White
FH: Omega VII Euro 2mm
BH: Spinlord Orkan 1.5mm
Exactly what I have found. I find it easier to topspin or chop the ball with 1.5mm Waran on a TSP trinity carbon fast blade than with thicker sponge Waran, SP red etc. The fast but not hard blade gives me all the speed I need whilst the thin sponge give control and bite on the ball for spinny flicks, serves and chops

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2022, 10:37 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: BBC 400
FH: Victax VO > 102
BH: GD Attack Long
My impressions of TS 1.5mm black on FH: Fast, LOUD, and spinny! But in retrospect, 1.5mm is probably a poor choice for forehand for someone like me who hits hard.. the ball seemed to be bottoming out repeatedly, and when it did it would invariably fall into the net. :( Not sure if I'll try 2.0 or max. Past experience with thicker-sponged SPs has taught me they play too much like inverted and thus lose any advantage an SP would otherwise provide.

PostPosted: 25 Mar 2022, 19:27 

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Bloodhound
FH: Dr. Neubauer Killer 1,5
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS2 2,5
Hi, any new experiences with Tornado Supreme? I am still very satisfied. But I'm thinking of trying an even stronger version - 2.0 or 2.2.
We play with Xushaof balls, but I also played with Joola Prime and it seemed a little different.

PostPosted: 22 May 2022, 18:59 

Blade: Viscaria
FH: Tenergy 05
BH: Tenergy 05
different balls-> different effects

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2022, 22:27 

Hello,
Have anyone of you tried Supreme, Ultra and Extreme and can compare them?
I've been playing table tennis for 10 years and all that time I've played with inverted rubbers. This year I'm trying to switch to short pimples on BH. I've tried a lot of different short pimples: Nugdet, Warran 2.0 and 1.5, Gipfelsturm, XIom SPO, Schockwave and many others. Now I am playing with Ultra 2.0 on BH. The reason that I've stayed with Ultra - is that it was THE ONLY RUBBER, that let me hit-SPIN the ball like I do with inverted, because I can not learn to hit ball flat (what you have to do playing with pimples - hit with wide angle, hit flat balls) - all I do - I'm spinning :))) And TOrnado Ultra - allows me to do that!!!

But she is heavy (51g cuted to my blade), and that is why I've tried Tornado Extreme 1.8 based on descriptions and videos. I Thought that it will be Lightest version of ULtra. SADLY it is not true. THis is very fine, fast enough, light enough rubber, but it is not Ultra - you cannot spin balls - like all other rubbers - you have to flat hit them (what is very difficult to me)

I've written a Letter to drneubauer and they suggested my this rubber: https://www.drneubauer.com/shop.php?cat ... s&prod=163 2.0

Like they said:
"The topsheets of 'Tornado Supreme' and 'Tornado Supreme Soft' are 100% identical, only the sponge differs.

Also they are 98% identical to the pimple geometry of 'Tornado Ultra"

So, may be someone of you tried all of them and can compare? I really want to try Supreme SOft, but I seek for the lightest version of Ultra, and do not want the same mistake like i did with Extreme!

PostPosted: 23 Nov 2022, 21:31 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
I will soon upload on my youtube channel my first test done with the new Tornado Supreme Soft on forehand.
I liked it a lot, a very fun rubber to use aggressively.

PostPosted: 24 Nov 2022, 03:23 
Super User

Look forward to seeing your video

What thickness did you try. How soft is the sponge in your opinion and is the overall feel soft or medium.

PostPosted: 30 Nov 2022, 01:58 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
ChasFox wrote:
Look forward to seeing your video

What thickness did you try. How soft is the sponge in your opinion and is the overall feel soft or medium.

I tried the 1.8mm version. The sponge is very soft!

PostPosted: 02 Dec 2022, 03:06 
Super User

Great video thanks, you clearly seem to be enjoying the Tornado.

Do you think the very soft sponge is a positive or maybe the standard supreme might be better to try first. These very soft heavily boosted sponges do not seem to last very long before seeming to have less control.

PostPosted: 28 Feb 2023, 19:14 
Super User

Supreme soft appears to be exactly the same top sheet and sponge as Spinlord Waran, but sold at a much higher price.!! They look the same and play the same, so probably sourced out of the same China factory. Likewise the new Explosion soft top sheet looks identical to Spinlord Orkan and is definitely not the same as the standard Explosion. The orange sponge is not the Orkan one but looks like what is used on Keiler.