OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 07:16

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2021, 03:57 

Blade: VKMO
FH: H3 2.15 blue sponge 39°
BH: 802 1.4-1.7
Hello everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker here however recently i've been dabbling in short pips chopping with friendship 802 in 1.4-1.7 sponge with four layers of haifu seamoon booster. I find it very excellent for pushing over the table with so much spin compared to long pips. However, i find it quite fast away from the table and i struggle getting more than one chop down on the table against really good loopers. For reference, my rating is around 2200 USATT and i usually play against two winged loopers who use super boosted H3 on their forehands.

Has anyone tried boosting short pips for chopping? I would love for some of you to give me some of your experiences in this department.

Thanks! :rofl:

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2021, 04:09 
Super User

iFlatHit wrote:
Hello everyone,

I'm a long-time lurker here however recently i've been dabbling in short pips chopping with friendship 802 in 1.4-1.7 sponge with four layers of haifu seamoon booster. I find it very excellent for pushing over the table with so much spin compared to long pips. However, i find it quite fast away from the table and i struggle getting more than one chop down on the table against really good loopers. For reference, my rating is around 2200 USATT and i usually play against two winged loopers who use super boosted H3 on their forehands.

Has anyone tried boosting short pips for chopping? I would love for some of you to give me some of your experiences in this department.

Where do you buy your 802?

PostPosted: 01 Dec 2021, 10:22 

bbkon wrote:
iFlatHit wrote:
Hello everyone,

Where do you buy your 802?

I bought it a few years ago from tabletennis11. it has the older orange sponge that's fairly hard but i boosted it so it became super springy and softer

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 20:31 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
I wouldn't say short pips chopping is something one can easily "dabble" in. Especially with a boosted sponge!

The common consensus is that short pips chopping can be very effective, but is far less forgiving than long pips and takes a lot of practice.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2021, 06:18 

Joo Se Kev wrote:
I wouldn't say short pips chopping is something one can easily "dabble" in. Especially with a boosted sponge!

The common consensus is that short pips chopping can be very effective, but is far less forgiving than long pips and takes a lot of practice.

Fair point. I think i like it way more than long pips just because i can push over the table with heavy spin and only people with good technique can loop it back. Do you know if people even bother chopping short pips without boosting it? I thought that short pips was used for chopping when boosted.

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2021, 20:50 
Sitting on Defence
Sitting on Defence

Blade: TSP Trinity Carbon
FH: Tibhar MX-S 2.0mm
BH: Viper 0.5mm
I haven't heard that personally, but I certainly haven't researched it thoroughly. It's been a long time since I've looked into short pips chopping.

Personalized Online Performance Coaching for Table Tennis now available!

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2021, 05:12 

Joo Se Kev wrote:
I haven't heard that personally, but I certainly haven't researched it thoroughly. It's been a long time since I've looked into short pips chopping.

You should really try it sometime. I added four layers of haifu seamoon onto this orange sponge 1.5 friendship 802 and my pushes are monstrous. super loaded with spin but the technique is completely different than pushes with long pips. long pips you just try to push long and it's no spin so at least it's harder for them to loop back. with short pips, you brush it a lot and you can send them super loaded backspin pushes/chops over the table. you can even send them short but still be super loaded with spin which is problematic for like 80% of players.

PostPosted: 10 Dec 2021, 01:02 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Haifu Dolphin 2.1 factory boosted. It lasts a lifetime,loads of spin,topspin,smash, you name it.

Anyone wanting to get it,just pm.I know someone who can get a few sheets.

It is not available anywhere any more .You can play in non official tournaments, local leagues.Haifu rubbers are out of the LARC.No renewal due to the conflict with their booster