OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 20:31

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2021, 00:33 

Blade: Vkm off
FH: Vs401
BH: Palio ck 531a
I play defense with tsp spectol 1.5 now on vkm off,and my question is, what kind of ball i need to place on the table, good underspin? Short? Long? Flat ball? I get loop killed too often, even if my ball is really low.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2021, 04:18 

Blade: Gambler Oversize Kevlar
FH: RITC 802 OX
BH: RITC 802 OX
Are we talking about a shot you will execute while in a pushing rally, or a shot you will execute while already defending away from the table? It also depends on the capabilities of the opponent. Against most club-level players, I find that a deep, spinny push to the backhand prevents most hard attacks.

PostPosted: 23 Jan 2022, 21:58 

16lines wrote:
I play defense with tsp spectol 1.5 now on vkm off,and my question is, what kind of ball i need to place on the table, good underspin? Short? Long? Flat ball? I get loop killed too often, even if my ball is really low.

Perhaps a deep long push is one way to prevent a strong attack initiatives/loopkill, and of course give some time for the defender to prepare for the anticipation. It is not always about how much backspin/underspin given to the opponent, just make sure it's deep, and long; simply vary the spin. If it forces your opponent to loop it while being off-balance due to misprediction of ball direction, that's the better for you, the incoming loop should have less pressure due to lack of ball quality ;)

Hurricane 3 Neo

Still looking for some short pips with the softest sponge available, preferably something with a LOUD speed-glue-effect sound

Whack and Loop for eternity

PostPosted: 24 Jan 2022, 05:05 

Blade: Stiga Defensive Classic
FH: Victas V>15 Extra 2.0
BH: Stiga Vertical 20 0.5
Just like real estate, location, location, location! Lol
I've noticed power loopers LOVE heavy underspin. It actually helps fuel their shots to some degree. I play a younger guy with proper training that can seemingly power through any low ball, no matter how heavy. Aim not just deep, but to corners, crossover point and wider angles ( wide forehand and backhand). I've noticed Joo Se Hyuk aims a lot for angles at the start of rallies when he is at the table, as he backs off he goes more to the middle as he can defend from distance. This is much easier said than done. I've been working on this as well as twiddling to add an extra layer of variety. IMO there is NO best location or amount of spin, it is the variety and unpredictability that is your strength against these types of players.

PostPosted: 25 Jan 2022, 02:52 

Blade: Defplay Senso
FH: Hurricane 3 Neo
BH: Stiga Vertical 20 0.5mm
This game is one of the perfect examples on how to handle players who have strong opening attacks (also it's from a great angle)

In the first game, Krmaschek can barely get a quality chop in because Valuch's opening loop is so crazy strong! Yet, he goes on to win the match 3-1. Why? In the second game:
1st point: Krmaschek won off the serve
2nd point: Krmaschek pushed DEEP to the forehand; Valuch was off balance & put it into the net
3rd point:Krmaschek chopped it deep and low right to Valuch's elbow. Into the net
4th point: Valuch missed the serve
5th point: Krmaschek pushed deep to the forehand again, but Valuch was there in time.
6th point: This time, Krmaschek pushed DEEP to Valuch's backhand, jamming up his forehand. He lost the point, but he managed to get into the rally safely
7th point: Krmaschek chopped it deep to the backhand, but Valuch was waiting. Strong 3rd ball
8th point: Krmaschek served and pushed deep to the forehand. Valuch couldn't open up strongly & lost the point
9th point: Valuch tried using his backhand to change things up, but missed the serve return
10th point: Good serve by Valuch, Krmaschek was caught off balance & missed the push
11th point: Krmaschek pushed deep to the backhand, jamming Valuch's forehand again.
12th point: Valuch opened up with the backhand, but Krmaschek got a good chop on it (because it wasn't as strong as his FH)
13th point: Krmaschek pushed deep to Valuch's forehand again. Valuch chickened out & pushed it into the net
14th point: Valuch breaks out a different serve & kills the 3rd ball (Krmaschek didnt push it to a good location)
15th point: Valuch tried the same serve, but Krmaschek just loops it & wins the game.

Krmaschek shut down Valuch's forehand by alternating pushes DEEP to Valuch's forehand & backhand. Not only did he target those locations, he also pushed aggressively, trying to make his pushes as low and as fast as possible. He pushed with both pips & inverted (to add some spin variation), but the placement, depth, and speed were what really messed with Valuch the most; he was either jammed up from the pushes to the backhand, or had to reach for the forehand pushes!