OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:41

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Effect in short pips
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2022, 15:58 

Blade: yasaka sweden
FH: tibhar evolution el-p
BH: tsp curl 2
It is known that short pips have less effect than smooth rubber, even so I wanted you to tell me which is the short pip with more effect that you know.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Effect in short pips
PostPosted: 12 Jan 2022, 17:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
What are you reffering to when you use the term "effect"? Do you mean spin? Speed? Deception? The last one is not something you can measure, it is more how the rubber helps you trick your opponent.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2022, 22:14 

Blade: yasaka sweden
FH: tibhar evolution el-p
BH: tsp curl 2
Def-attack wrote:
What are you reffering to when you use the term "effect"? Do you mean spin? Speed? Deception? The last one is not something you can measure, it is more how the rubber helps you trick your opponent.

I mean, to be able to generate high effect as far as possible when doing services.
Thanks

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2022, 22:58 
CTRL_ALT_Loop
CTRL_ALT_Loop

Out of the SP rubbers I have tried, the Friendship 802-40 is by far the best for generating spin. It is also one of the bounciest (=fast).

According to this review page, TSP spin magic is one to look for. However, that rubber also scores high on deception, which (to me) indicates that it is also somewhat difficult to get used to. The TSP spinpips seems to have more "normal" SP characteristics, and I hear good things about that rubber. Don't think I have ever tried TSP pips myself.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2022, 08:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

keme wrote:
Out of the SP rubbers I have tried, the Friendship 802-40 is by far the best for generating spin. It is also one of the bounciest (=fast).

According to this review page, TSP spin magic is one to look for. However, that rubber also scores high on deception, which (to me) indicates that it is also somewhat difficult to get used to. The TSP spinpips seems to have more "normal" SP characteristics, and I hear good things about that rubber. Don't think I have ever tried TSP pips myself.
Must say that ordinary 802 generates more spin than spinpips. I have not tried 802-40. Yasaka Rakza PO is suposed to be very spinny. DMS Firestorm can also generate lots of spin.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2022, 08:59 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

SLICKY PIMPLES DO MAKE A LOT FOR UNFAIRNESS OF THE SPORT
Pips-out all are now a subject to the minimum friction test. Friction passer, inclination stand, 110 Euro to be distributed for free by ETTU URC. They don't want the whole sport to have came down to a plain crookery.

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2022, 19:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

@Igorponger: Your post is rather far off topic, since the thread starter is asking for spin in short pimple rubber. If you read the other posts before you post yourself, and try to contribute on that topic, that would greatly enhance the quality of your posts.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2022, 02:06 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
The best SP for spin at serving is : Haifu Dolphin 2.1 factory tuned. Period. :o

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2022, 19:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

igorponger wrote:
I HATE SLICKY BUSINESS
Uniformity of friction testing is needed both by players and umpires. We drawed up an Uniform Testing Programme, herewith we encourage all Associations to join with evangelistic movement of I HATE SLICKY BUSINESS, the Italian initiative to boycott those scammers using low-friction products.

https://m.vk.com/doc199930161_625575259
Attachment:
EgpwKj1Q09A.jpg

Be happy. Honesty is the best policy.
Again, this topic is about grip and ability to produce spin with short pips. You seem to think it has to do with lack of spin. So please stop destroying a discussion with your off topic posts.

You can create your own thread on your favourite subjects and let those interested read and comment in those threads.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2022, 19:47 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Sami wrote:
The best SP for spin at serving is : Haifu Dolphin 2.1 factory tuned. Period. :o
Yes. But I believe that is discontinued or at least difficult to buy (here in Sweden anyway). A few who used that rubber is now using Spinpips.

PostPosted: 15 Jan 2022, 23:50 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Once again igorponger, your post are completely off topic, so they have been deleted.

You're always preaching about following the table tennis rules, yet you seem unable to follow the forum rules.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2022, 00:08 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Def-attack wrote:
Sami wrote:
Yes. But I believe that is discontinued or at least difficult to buy (here in Sweden anyway). A few who used that rubber is now using Spinpips.

I know someone who can still get some used sheets and some brand new ones for anyone interested.I got one myself and the spin is impressive.Also, the ball bounces awkwardly on the other side - I don't know why- .Besides, it is speedy ; once you hit with it hardly anyone can return the ball .

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2022, 16:14 
Super User

Victas 102/Blowfish.

PostPosted: 19 Jan 2022, 22:25 

spinpips, Blowfish + and Morisot SP

USATT Rating: 1682

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2022, 03:34 

I believe that the effectiveness of a short pimple is more dependent on technique than on rubber. It took me more than a year to be able to play effectively with short pimples. The biggest problem here vor me was, not constantly falling back into the old long pimple movement. With a short pimple the correct position to the ball and the correct anticipation of the opponent's rotation are very important. If these requirements are met, you should realize that the defense with short pimples is almost exclusively done with the wrist.
In summary, I think the question of a suitable short pimple rubber is of secondary importance, the correct technical use is much more important.