OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 13:06

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Spinlord Waran III (3)
PostPosted: 24 May 2023, 07:31 

Blade: Neubauer Technology Plus
FH: Spinlord Waran III
BH: Victas 101
Here my first impressions. I bought 1 sheet red in 1.8 mm.
I played previously with waran and waran ii.
I use it at my forehand.
The rubber is more lively than waran ii and faster only a bit.
More versatile than waran 2 , its purple sponge is more elastic and you notice at the first shot that is very confortable at any stroke you can feel safe making pseudo loops and hitting and blocking.
I think this rubber is for direct play... More close to victas 102 or moristo than spinpips or 802.
I can't say anything bad about this rubber it works fine at all... Spinlord does a great job.
Just enjoy it

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 25 May 2023, 14:39 

Blade: Viscaria clone
FH: DMS Spinfire
BH: Victas V>15 Extra
Can you compare it to Spinfire or Firestorm, from DMS ?

Blades I like: Super ALC clone ...
Rubbers I like:those that are Cheap and good ...

PostPosted: 26 May 2023, 21:23 

Do you think it will be suitable for backhand, specifically for agressive backhand topspin-drive, and occasionally twiddle it for some FH whacking?

I've used Waran, and considered changing to waran 2. With the first waran I find it too soft for handling hard topspins, while trying some medium-hard chinese short pips, it does ease the problem, but sacrificing extra 'firepower' from the backhand side :?:

PostPosted: 27 May 2023, 07:52 

antiq wrote:
Can you compare it to Spinfire or Firestorm, from DMS ?

Spinfire is close to inverted the throw is high and very grippy I think it does not have the essence of short pips waran 3 is more for direct game.
Firestorm are gripper than waran 3, firestorm better for loop waran is faster and better for hitting game... Waran 3 is more dangerous and its cracking sound is a pleasure.

PostPosted: 27 May 2023, 07:59 

comodoensis wrote:
Do you think it will be suitable for backhand, specifically for agressive backhand topspin-drive, and occasionally twiddle it for some FH whacking?

I've used Waran, and considered changing to waran 2. With the first waran I find it too soft for handling hard topspins, while trying some medium-hard chinese short pips, it does ease the problem, but sacrificing extra 'firepower' from the backhand side :?:

Waran 3 will be a good option for agressive backhand for sure.
Waran 3 is more powerful than waran and waran 2 and easier to use.
Despite the purple sponge is softer than waran 2 you feel a hard touch perfect for blocking and hitting.

Have you tested victas 101? I think this rubber in 1.8 or 1.6 is perfect for aggressive backhand with this rubber every ball is a bullet.

PostPosted: 30 May 2023, 16:24 

malasombra77 wrote:
comodoensis wrote:

Despite the purple sponge is softer than waran 2 you feel a hard touch perfect for blocking and hitting.

Have you tested victas 101? I think this rubber in 1.8 or 1.6 is perfect for aggressive backhand with this rubber every ball is a bullet.

Unfortunately, I haven't had any chances with VO-101. And where I live, pips rubber availability is not too good, except some big brands (and also chinese brands), which unfortunately again, not including Victas

Back to waran 3, its hard touch, is it brick hard like chinese pips such as 802, uranus pro (perhaps this one feels brick hard due to its very hard topsheet, CMIIW), or japanese/euro pips - esque hard?

Hurricane 3 Neo

Still looking for some short pips with the softest sponge available, preferably something with a LOUD speed-glue-effect sound

Whack and Loop for eternity

PostPosted: 02 Jun 2023, 21:56 

comodoensis wrote:
malasombra77 wrote:
comodoensis wrote:

Unfortunately, I haven't had any chances with VO-101. And where I live, pips rubber availability is not too good, except some big brands (and also chinese brands), which unfortunately again, not including Victas

Back to waran 3, its hard touch, is it brick hard like chinese pips such as 802, uranus pro (perhaps this one feels brick hard due to its very hard topsheet, CMIIW), or japanese/euro pips - esque hard?

The feel is hard but more lively and reactive than chinese pips , i could say that this rubber is in the middle but it is oriented to aggressive direct game ,

PostPosted: 10 Jun 2023, 02:24 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
malasombra77 wrote:
I use it at my forehand.
More versatile than waran 2 , its purple sponge is more elastic and you notice at the first shot that is very confortable at any stroke you can feel safe making pseudo loops and hitting and blocking.
I think this rubber is for direct play... More close to victas 102 or moristo than spinpips or 802.
I can't say anything bad about this rubber it works fine at all... Spinlord does a great job.
Just enjoy it

Can you compare with Dr Neubauer Tornado Supreme? Thank you.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2023, 00:42 

loboestep wrote:
malasombra77 wrote:
I use it at my forehand.
Just enjoy it

Hi friend , i've never tried Tornado Supreme, only Tornado Extreme , Waran III is slower , more elastic and with more control and less deceptive than Tornado Extreme. In my opinion Tornado Extreme is too fast for me and difficult to play ... the touch of Tornado is too hard for me. Waran III is better for receive serves , flicking and lift the ball.

PD:
i saw you playing with Desperado Reload 0x and i recomended this rubber to a friend of mine...he used Hellfire and Kamikaze in 0x and now is so happy with Desperado reload 0x.

Pues te ví jugando en un vídeo en Fuengirola , atacando perfectamente con la Desperado 0x Reload, se la recomendé a un amigo "Manolo" de Sevilla,él juega normalmente con gomas 0x como kamikaze ,HellFire , Grass DTecs y se la recomendé ahora está muy contento , la verdad que el juego es parecido pero le permite meter más bolas con la Desperado Reload 0x sin sacrificar apenas el daño que ocasionan sus bolas.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2023, 04:09 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
malasombra77 wrote:
loboestep wrote:
malasombra77 wrote:
I use it at my forehand.
Just enjoy it

Hi friend , i've never tried Tornado Supreme, only Tornado Extreme , Waran III is slower , more elastic and with more control and less deceptive than Tornado Extreme. In my opinion Tornado Extreme is too fast for me and difficult to play ... the touch of Tornado is too hard for me. Waran III is better for receive serves , flicking and lift the ball.

PD:
i saw you playing with Desperado Reload 0x and i recomended this rubber to a friend of mine...he used Hellfire and Kamikaze in 0x and now is so happy with Desperado reload 0x.

Pues te ví jugando en un vídeo en Fuengirola , atacando perfectamente con la Desperado 0x Reload, se la recomendé a un amigo "Manolo" de Sevilla,él juega normalmente con gomas 0x como kamikaze ,HellFire , Grass DTecs y se la recomendé ahora está muy contento , la verdad que el juego es parecido pero le permite meter más bolas con la Desperado Reload 0x sin sacrificar apenas el daño que ocasionan sus bolas.

Desperado Reloaded ox is a fantastic rubber. Thank you

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2023, 19:25 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2023, 01:06 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
What about compared vs Haifu Dolphin?

PostPosted: 20 Feb 2024, 03:42 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Guys
I have just ordered this in black 2.0mm for my forehand. I want to attack and block with it.
Any advice on blade? There will be a long pip or slick anti on the backhand side.
Bulldog

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2024, 21:24 
Super User

Blade: Donic Waldner WC 89 FL
FH: Donic BlueStar A2 Red Max
BH: DMS Firestorm Black 1.8
malasombra77 wrote:

I agree that Warren III is a good backhand rubber. It would be my second choice for my backhand after the Firestorm that I am currently using. They play similarly, which is surprising considering the Topsheets look different. Warren III is slightly faster than the Firestorm , but I finally decided that I liked the feel better with the Firestorm. (Note: Firestorm has a harder sponge than Spinfire, which I found worked better for my game.)

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!