OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 19:32

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2019, 20:02 

Blade: Butterfly Marcos Freitas
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Tibhar Grass D.tecs ox
Last tournement I was facing two very good forehand loopers. Both matches ended in a defeat.

I use Grass D.tecs ox and my strategy a a blocker near the table. With these 2 guys the blocking was not efficient. They both knew how to play against long pips. Also they could loop very well underspin or topspin or no spin ball, even if the block was pretty short (tried to block to their backhand but they were very good prepared even for that kind of stroke). Almost every time after I hit with my long pips they followed with a loop, especially on third ball or 5th ball attack.

During the game I found the solution for containing them to twiddle and play almost every stroke from my inverted. It worked pretty well I lost the matches with 3-1 and 3-2 keeping the ball low and attaking with the inverted side every time I had the opportunity. But it wasn't enough.

I ask for your oppinion, wich tactics or what kind of strokes should I play with Grass D.tecs OX to contain these kind of player.

Thank you

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2019, 20:33 
Super User

Blade: XVT Balsa Carbon 10mm all
FH: Xiom Sigma Pro 2 2.0
BH: Globe 979 OX
Were you doing passive blocks or chop blocks mostly ?

Cpen SOS Wood / 4H 729 802-40 2.0 / BH GD Talon use righthanded shakehand grip
HARDBAT / Shakehand Hock 3 ply / Friendship Dr Evil OX .. Play Right-handed

PostPosted: 14 Apr 2019, 20:51 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Tsp Black Balsa 3.0
FH: t05 1.9 boosted
BH: 388d ox black
I watched one of the best players in our area at a tournament last week,with his de tecs ox there is always a motion when he was blocking very rarely a passive block,strong topspins were chopblocked as soon off the bounce as possible,the top spinner always netted his 3rd loop (very strong player also)I only saw one chopblock go long in 5 matches incredible consistancy.Another thing I noticed when receiving serve he had a very good forehand push or looped if it was long and biased his position to allow this rather than covering the whole table with the pips(I am guilty of this).
Ironically the looper told him he had no talent after losing to him in the final I was apalled, defender had been very gracious and applauded any outstanding shots against him all morning
He was using a TSP Black Balsa 3.0 blade btw

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!