OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 25 Jun 2021, 00:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 15 May 2021, 22:56 

Iron pips,

While we are on Barricade DEF in this thread, let me get one question out of my mind, I always wanted to ask.
And that is how would that slow and soft blade work with 1.5mm CURL.

Since you told Barriacade DEF is no good for the frictionless antis we are talking about, you may have a few cents to share on this king of all LPs which I heard difficult to control at that thickness.

PostPosted: 16 May 2021, 07:44 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: DHS Classic 08X
FH: Yinhe Jupiter II max
BH: RITC 802 1.5 mm
KindButcher wrote:
Iron pips,

While we are on Barricade DEF in this thread, let me get one question out of my mind, I always wanted to ask.
And that is how would that slow and soft blade work with 1.5mm CURL.

Since you told Barriacade DEF is no good for the frictionless antis we are talking about, you may have a few cents to share on this king of all LPs which I heard difficult to control at that thickness.
It should work fine I guess. I have a friend who uses that blade with Spinlord Blitzschlag ox and that is great (he also tried it with my anti, no good). But I have not used that blade much myself, besides testing his setup with lp ox.

PostPosted: 17 May 2021, 22:37 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: DMS Carbon Deluxe
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.9
BH: DMS Storkraft 0.8
I would not recommend using the soft and slow blade. If you do, I think you will be highly disappointed. Over the past 6-8 months I've tested out a number of anti spin and blade combinations, and I've found (in general) that what KindButcher said is pretty accurate.

When I tried out the anti spin rubbers on a Donic Defplay Senso V3, it was terrible. So I went to the Dr Neubauer Matador blade and it was very good. Then I went to the DMS Deluxe Carbon, and I could definitely tell a difference in terms of spin reversal. Yes, it is faster. That being said, with practice, even with that blade and the thin 0.8 mm sponge Storkraft, it is a very effective combination. It is true that against a very hard shot, the ball generally goes longer. However, I do not mind that, because the amount of spin coming back at the looper will be extremely difficult for them to deal with. And against medium speed and slow speed top spin balls, I can still drop them short, and can still drop just about any serve that I receive short if I want.

The thing I stress with these rubbers is that they take practice. To really understand what is possible and what the correct touch and blade angles are, you need to have many, many sessions. After moving into my new house with a dedicated table tennis space last October, I've been having regular coaching and training sessions for the past 6 months or so, and I am feeling quite good about my ability to control this combination.

FH Rubber: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.9
BH Rubber: DMS Storkraft 0.8