OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Sep 2021, 16:58

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Re: Dr Neubauer ABS2EVO
PostPosted: 23 Feb 2021, 04:43 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: DMS Carbon Deluxe
FH: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.9
BH: DMS Storkraft 0.8
Completely agree with your assessment Rinforzando!

FH Rubber: Tibhar Evolution MX-P 1.9
BH Rubber: DMS Storkraft 0.8

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2021, 17:26 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defence
FH: G1
BH: Dtecs OX
Hi guys. Thought I would reply here first instead of making a completely new thread.

Can anyone tell me what happens to the abs 2 evo with time, does it gain grip? Lose reversal? Become faster?

I am very reluctant to put time into this rubber if i have to replace it every 4 months or so. It plays gazing but I'd rather just use Dtecs since it seems that lasts a lifetime lol

P.S I active bump/hit quite often and usually/plan to play often vs pretty decent players around 2000-2400 in the future including a bit of training with them once or twice a week.

My Vlog / Blog on becoming a Long Pips player
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2021, 03:19 

Blade: Siam custom
FH: Xiom Tau II
BH: Barna Super Glanti
Played around 1month with the ABS2 Evo and it was still in a very good shape. I guess after some time it will begin to gain grip (and so lose some reversal) and will become faster.

I have heard the Dtecs lasts a lifetime. In fact, the more you play with, the more toxic it will become. Ox is better than with sponge if you are chasing the best lifetime because a sponge never lasts a lifetime, it will always be damaged at some point.

BH - Barna Original Super Glanti 1.6mm

Setup 2
Blade - Gerry Goriki Danshi
FH - Victas Triple Double Extra max
BH - Victas Curl P4V 1.5mm

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2021, 04:28 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
Played around 1month with the ABS2 Evo and it was still in a very good shape. I guess after some time it will begin to gain grip (and so lose some reversal) and will become faster.

I have heard the Dtecs lasts a lifetime. In fact, the more you play with, the more toxic it will become. Ox is better than with sponge if you are chasing the best lifetime because a sponge never lasts a lifetime, it will always be damaged at some point.

1 month is too little to tell but I have read after 3 months or so it needs replacing which is just £$£$ I'm not willing to spend. But I was hoping to get more experiences from others first.

I've played Dtecs, it's what I was using before when I was playing modern defence. The sheet I used now is like 3 years old and still feels the same lol.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2021, 08:16 
Super User

Blade: Stiga 2000 ALL '76
FH: DHS H3N
BH: DrN ABS2 Evo 2.3
Ndragon wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

1 month is too little to tell but I have read after 3 months or so it needs replacing which is just £$£$ I'm not willing to spend. But I was hoping to get more experiences from others first.

I've played Dtecs, it's what I was using before when I was playing modern defence. The sheet I used now is like 3 years old and still feels the same lol.

You can keep the topsheet in great shape by cleaning it properly so it won't actually gain grip. The problem is that the thick sponge will eventually start to wear out and the rubber becomes faster and you lose some control. For me that happens after maybe 6 month or so but it obviously heavily depends on how often you practice, how hard you hit with it and how hard your opponents hit into it.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2021, 14:46 
Super User

Matt Pimple wrote:

You can keep the topsheet in great shape by cleaning it properly so it won't actually gain grip. The problem is that the thick sponge will eventually start to wear out and the rubber becomes faster and you lose some control. For me that happens after maybe 6 month or so but it obviously heavily depends on how often you practice, how hard you hit with it and how hard your opponents hit into it.

Thanks for the info. 6 months I don't mind tbh but I guess it means I have to buy their special cleaning product then, I'll look into it.

PostPosted: 27 Jul 2021, 07:34 
Super User

Blade: Stiga 2000 ALL '76
FH: DHS H3N
BH: DrN ABS2 Evo 2.3
I played with the ABS2 Evo in 2.3mm for two practice sessions over the weekend and will leave it on my main bat for now.
The Evo has a lower throw than the regular ABS2 which required a little bit of getting adjusted to but once getting used to, the ball can be kept lower on serve returns and aggressive pushes. The Evo has a little harder touch and somewhat higher reversal than regular ABS2 due to a slightly shorter contact time. I was able to keep blocks low and short behind the net so that relooping was difficult for my opponents. My standard practice partner who knows frictionless anti very well, made more mistakes than he normally does.
I will continue to practice with the Evo rubber!