OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Sep 2021, 16:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2021, 06:02 
Super User

Blade: Nittaku Shake Defence
FH: G1
BH: Dtecs OX
peterpong wrote:
Kindbutcher
Red: Super stop 1.9mm -have you tried best anti in 2mm.
My style is very similar to yours-i am an anti chopper.
i may try the super stop mate

Ooooh share some videos too plz :up:

My Vlog / Blog on becoming a Long Pips player
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2021, 06:24 
Super User

Blade: Vintage flexible blade
FH: RAYSTORM 1.7
BH: BEST ANTI(THICK)RED
Ndragon wrote:
peterpong wrote:
Kindbutcher
Red: Super stop 1.9mm -have you tried best anti in 2mm.
My style is very similar to yours-i am an anti chopper.
i may try the super stop mate

Ooooh share some videos too plz :up:

It would put you to sleep mate :devil:

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2021, 04:38 

Thank you Ndragon for your feedback. Trying the best anti ( in 2.0mm) is an excellent reminder. Based on what I read and remember, it is a classic anti, with friction and with slow properties. (which is similar to how super stop was).

When we chop an incoming topspin, be it with frictionless or classic anti, or even short/long pips or even inverted, the ball always goes back as underspin. That's when all rubber types behave the same. To me, I achieve the highest success with classic antis in this particular shot. That little grip creates the feeling. A slow frictionless top sheet is also pretty easy to chop with, at least with my particular chopping motion as one can see in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bbLJ_B2fGU . However, the very same chopping motion of mine when performed with an LP ( such as curl ) skyrockets the ball.

Barna's Glanti vs classi Antis from this perspective is quite comparable. I'm trying to sense which one is more versatile. What comes head to head here is the spin reversal vs control as they seem to be the opposites of one other. Since I'm looking more for control, I may be wasting my time and money with glantis but I never know as there may be one out there that gives the best of both worlds.

But, being able to chop from FH is also important as Joo refers to that chop quite often. So the blade and the FH matter a lot too.

The game you enjoyed with the classic anti is this one: https://youtu.be/PtmcOueKwWw?t=66 ( blade is chen weixing ). I had super anti 1.9mm on it with victas 401 1.5mm and the FH chops were working with that one. That blade also blends nicely with Hurricane 3 by the way.

One of these days I'd like test reflection 1.5mm (which I remember had a fantastic feeling) on chen weixing blade. Reflection may be the answer as my trials with glanti ( which did not end yet ) seems to be lacking the control I'm looking for (at least when put on PALIOC TCT )

Please share your chopping videos too, would you? I'd like to hear from anti choppers as I do not think there are too many. :(

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2021, 21:40 

Def-attack wrote:
We made a video, more to come:

I'm nowhere near Marcus' abilities and experience skills, but here are my trials with the 1.6mm Barna Original Super Glanti on PALIO TCT blade. FH was Victas 401.

https://youtu.be/KLuzIBApmGE?t=408

In this video, it was all about blocking the incoming side spin from a left-hander.
As you can see, I did not have much difficulty melting those heavy spins with this combo, thanks to this great anti.

I was holding the bat slightly diagonal, preventing the side-spinned ball from skidding away, I was also bending my body slightly forward and these two did the trick. Whenever you can get this angle right, all you have to do is to stay still and watch the rubber & blade do their magic.

If you wish to see this combo in a gameplay, here is my video that titled me the consolation championship ( what a big deal! :) )

https://youtu.be/m6jhVXm3crI?t=142

Both videos are from yesterday.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7