OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:13

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2021, 22:42 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Yes, it is very annoying and frustrating. And another parameter is the sponge of the anti. SG with absorber sponge may work where SG with original sponge does not etc. And 1.2 may be really bad on a wood where 1.6 and 0.8 works good. There is no explenation, just time, trials and money.

And then you need a blade works for your FH as well :D

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2021, 01:30 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
Rinforzando wrote:
I need to try the Goriki with a 0.8mm sg or the new ABS2 pro that will come out very soon it might change everything.

Wait...is there a new Neubauer anti coming soon? :oops:

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2021, 01:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Pongista92 wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
I need to try the Goriki with a 0.8mm sg or the new ABS2 pro that will come out very soon it might change everything.

Wait...is there a new Neubauer anti coming soon? :oops:
Ain't it always? :)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2021, 01:52 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
Def-attack wrote:
Ain't it always? :)

:rofl: :rofl:
I haven't read anywhere about an upcoming release. The amazement was given by that. ;)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2021, 21:56 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
When I first tried these type of rubbers it was on a Donic Defplay Senso V3 and it was awful. This type of rubber just does not pair well at all with it. I tried both some of the Dr N and DMS rubbers and there was no spin reversal, just dead and way too slow.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2021, 09:32 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
By any chance, does someone here know about the wood composition of the Barna Winner blade ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2021, 19:35 
Super User

Glued a SG to a 2mm Spinlab Green sponge. After the bounce test, it seems so fast compared to a 1.6mm SG and a ABS 2 pro 2mm!!! I will test it tonight, I wonder how it will play. It seems to be a little bit faster than 0.8mm SG. But I'm not sure since it has been a very long time I tested the 0.8mm SG

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 04 Nov 2021, 21:52 

As of yesterday, I quit on BARNA ORIGINAL SUPER GLANTI 1.6mm which was fixed on PALIO TCT.
I'm unable to block with it in games and when it matters. Scandal (0.9mm which is fixed on Deluxe Carbon ). does it effortlessly for me. This contradicts my earlier statement of you can surely do blocks with glanti as I posted a video about it a while back but it was a training video. In a real game, it just does not work as expectedly.

However, I should remark that GLANTI does a great spin reversal (better than scandal ) lasting even towards the 4th ball, but spin reversal cannot be the decision-maker if that's the only thing it does well. Overall playability must be the bottom line. As someone who like placement shots, chopping away from the table or blocking at the bounce and slow rubbers, glanti does not live up to my expectations ( after 3 months of play )

As soon as I got the scandal back into my hands yesterday, scores started changing dramatically and I was back in charge of my own game. The difference is too obvious.

My next anti trials would be on ABS (2.5) for a frictionless alternative to scandal and Juic Neo Anti 1.5mm for a classic anti alternative to super stop 1.9

It's a matter of how well the contradicting features of Control, SpinReversal, Chops & Blocks and Attacks can blend together. And it is definitely a function of personal capabilities.

PostPosted: 05 Nov 2021, 00:50 
Super User

Tested yesterday the SG mounted on a 2mm green sponge from Spinlab. Compared to the 1.6mm SG, spin reversal wasn't better, blocks were longer, and the attacking possibilities were awesome. Very toxic attacks. Overall speed was higher, perhaps more than 0.8mm SG

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2021, 07:43 
Super User

Green sponge isn't very good. Not enough spin reversal, in fact it is less than the 1.6mm sponge. At least I tried. Next step is going back to 0.8mm SG

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2021, 04:07 
Super User

What will happen if I glue the 0.8mm sponge of Störkraft to the Super Glanti ? Anyone tested this combo ? Perhaps I will have the deadliest combo. Short block because of the ultra slow sponge and massive spin reversal because very thin sponge. Spin reversal better than Störkraft 0.8mm I guess.

SG works better with thin sponge for sure. The green sponge (very hard sponge in fact but with dampening effect) is known as a very toxic sponge for Vortex, but Vortex has a very short pip structure unlike SG which has a very long pip structure. My conclusion is to use thick sponge with short pip glanti and thin sponge with long pip glanti.

I'm still a little bit afraid that SG 0.8mm yellow sponge will be a little bit fast on an off- blade. I need to keep the ability to do 2 bounces short block.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2021, 05:01 

I love to be able to do two bounces but to me, this looks like it is more of a function of personal ability than the equipment.

Over the weekend, I tested one weird combo to see if I can contain a fast service to return as one bounce. The combo was DMS Reflection 1.5mm fixed on Dr N's Barricade Def. This is one of the slowest combos one can come up with because of the already super slow blade. This combo was way slower than a scandal or an SG fixed on carbon blades. And yet, I was failing to contain those at every other service. It was the angle and wrist softening and absorbing the speed by your wrist movements. If we strictly rely on the equipment, that I can tell won't work. (At least for me)

After this realization, I now know better that I must learn to perform at this energy absorption skill ( which is function of my hand and my wrist), and stop expecting my already slow equipment to do that for me.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2021, 05:05 

I love to be able to do two bounces but to me, this looks like it is more of a function of personal ability than the equipment.

Over the weekend, I tested one weird combo to see if I can contain a fast service to return as double bounce. At first I was successful at first ( compared to 1.6SG on PALIO TCT and Scandal 0.8 on DC ) but soon, the server adjusted the serves and got faster and my combo started failing.

The combo was DMS Reflection 1.5mm fixed on Dr N's Barricade Def.
This is one of the slowest combos one can come up with because of the already super slow blade.

This combo is surely slower than a scandal or an SG fixed on carbon blades.
And yet, I was still failing to contain those serves and my success rate was not that high.

I quickly realized that the solution lies within learning the correct angles and the wrist softening and mastering how to absorb the speed with skill. If we strictly rely on the equipment, that I can tell won't work. (At least for me)

After this realization, I now know better that I must stop expecting my already slow equipment to do that for me.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2021, 09:06 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

SG with thin red sponge is great. But difficult to remove sponge from SG without destroying thetop sheet.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2021, 16:32 
Super User

KindButcher wrote:

Over the weekend, I tested one weird combo to see if I can contain a fast service to return as double bounce. At first I was successful at first ( compared to 1.6SG on PALIO TCT and Scandal 0.8 on DC ) but soon, the server adjusted the serves and got faster and my combo started failing.

The combo was DMS Reflection 1.5mm fixed on Dr N's Barricade Def.
This is one of the slowest combos one can come up with because of the already super slow blade.

This combo is surely slower than a scandal or an SG fixed on carbon blades.
And yet, I was still failing to contain those serves and my success rate was not that high.

I quickly realized that the solution lies within learning the correct angles and the wrist softening and mastering how to absorb the speed with skill. If we strictly rely on the equipment, that I can tell won't work. (At least for me)

After this realization, I now know better that I must stop expecting my already slow equipment to do that for me.

You can work on the wrist and hand absorption, you need to have a very loose wrist and hand, in fact your wrist and hand are so loose that you can barely hold your racket, it can fall at any moment, what prevent it to fall is your thumb and your index. At least this what I found that works great for me.
There is one another important thing, it is the fact that you need to stay still, no matter how loose your hand and wrist are, if you go forward even by a small inch to receive a very fast serve then the receive will most likely goes out. You need to be very patient and wait for the ball. Don't go for it, wait.

And then for the double bounce, you need to move your bat backward. It is not an easy thing to do, because you will very easily go too much backward and the ball will bounce on your part of the table.

BH - Slick antispin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 15  Next