OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 00:08 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Change the sponge,Change the blade,get a different sponge from a different brand, now it blocks great but the FH is not ok and so on,....

Will this stop? It is the same with the pips player , changing from pip to pip , then from Sp to LP, from LP to Mp,....

Who do you think is more prone to changing ? the Flanti or the pip player?

It seems the Flanti is in imo

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 00:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
I have not used it but if i did i would just let someone do the hard work and look at the very good league players and a few pros-
Save the hard work and copy their gear.abs seems to be the rage.
I often buy odds and sods off e bay but just sell em on if they dont work.
eg of good players using flanti
pongster(on here)
defence attacks coach.
I use pips on the f/h and have had the same pip for 2 yrs.
i always mess around and change but fall back onto the raystorm.
so for league matches its always the same blade and rubbers.
practice is messing around a little and then using match blade

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 03:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Most who uses flanti wants the maximun spin reversal, especially since the ABS-ball. To get that, along with the lowest throw angle and low the speed you want, you need to try many different setups. There are many factors and little logic in what gives the best spin reversal and lowest throw. And changing parameters can really make a huge difference. This is why we change and try and change and tries again. And because it is fun!

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 08:06 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
It is part of the fun :) There is also a lot of people out there changing their backside very often. It's called an EJ.
And because we are a little community (not a lot of people use glanti) so we need to do a lot of test ourself to find the right setup.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 22:39 

Rinforzando wrote:
It is part of the fun :) There is also a lot of people out there changing their backside very often. It's called an EJ.
And because we are a little community (not a lot of people use glanti) so we need to do a lot of test ourself to find the right setup.

Hi Rinfozando I can see from your signature that you play with Nittaku Goriki and Donic Blue Grip C2 2.0mm.
I can't find a forehand rubber for my Goriki as it is very specific blade. How do you feel with Blue grip C2 on Goriki?
How this rubber is playing on this blade?

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 23:13 
Super User

redspot wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

Hi Rinfozando I can see from your signature that you play with Nittaku Goriki and Donic Blue Grip C2 2.0mm.
I can't find a forehand rubber for my Goriki as it is very specific blade. How do you feel with Blue grip C2 on Goriki?

It's playing great ! The blade has a very low thow, so in order to work I think you need a high throw rubber. The bluegrip C2 has a very high throw angle and an enormous curve so it works great on that blade. I have also tried a Victas Triple Double Extra on that blade before, but it was a bit too hard (57.5deg sponge), especially for the backhand (I twiddle) and more importantly it has a medium throw, so combined to the Goriki Danshi, there were no room for error when looping.

What have you tested and what are you looking for ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 23:15 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I think the other aspect is, in relation to other types of rubbers, the "frictionless anti" category is still relatively new. Additionally, it is no different than any other type of rubber in that each one has different properties. Much like long pips, some (Dr Neubauer for example) are more oriented towards control and some (DMS and Barna for example) are more oriented towards maximizing the "funk" on returns. Given that there aren't a lot of example of players using them out there, especially compared to other rubber types, I think it invites experimentation. And as pointed out, it's fun! :)

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 03 Dec 2021, 23:43 

Rinforzando wrote:
redspot wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

It's playing great ! The blade has a very low thow, so in order to work I think you need a high throw rubber. The bluegrip C2 has a very high throw angle and an enormous curve so it works great on that blade. I have also tried a Victas Triple Double Extra on that blade before, but it was a bit too hard (57.5deg sponge), especially for the backhand (I twiddle) and more importantly it has a medium throw, so combined to the Goriki Danshi, there were no room for error when looping.

What have you tested and what are you looking for ?

I play Saviga Monster 77 OX long pimples on the backend. I tried Sauer&Troger Secret Flow (was to mushy) and Friendship 729 Origin Soft. The Origin soft is specialy made for ttdd.de (i.e.Spinlord). This rubber is very sticky and it is felt on Goriky dead and hard but very spiny I am looking for a sticky rubber which will perform. I have an original Goriki which has more flax the Goriki Danshi.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 01:48 
Super User

redspot wrote:
I play Saviga Monster 77 OX long pimples on the backend. I tried Sauer&Troger Secret Flow (was to mushy) and Friendship 729 Origin Soft. The Origin soft is specialy made for ttdd.de (i.e.Spinlord). This rubber is very sticky and it is felt on Goriky dead and hard but very spiny I am looking for a sticky rubber which will perform. I have an original Goriki which has more flax the Goriki Danshi.

Look at the hybrid rubber if chinese is too hard on Goriki which is already a very hard blade, but it won't be as spinny as true chinese rubber with a lot of stickiness.

Dignics 09c
Bluegrip C1/C2
Rakza Z/Z extra hard
Xiom Tau 2
Nittaku Sieger PK50
Gewo codexx el pro 52/54
Xiom omega 7 china Guang/Ying
etc.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 05:05 

Rinforzando wrote:
redspot wrote:

Look at the hybrid rubber if chinese is too hard on Goriki which is already a very hard blade, but it won't be as spinny as true chinese rubber with a lot of stickiness.

Dignics 09c
Bluegrip C1/C2
Rakza Z/Z extra hard
Xiom Tau 2
Nittaku Sieger PK50
Gewo codexx el pro 52/54
etc.

Thank you so much. I have Dignics 09C on one of the oversize blades. I will remove and test it on Goriki.
By the way did you try Vortex? Now Spinlab released Vortex 2.

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 22:58 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
It really comes down to... did you win or lose your last game? :lol:

We use the same equipment until we get beaten badly enough -- then all hell breaks loose, followed by a late night of useless pondering (usually with a rush of adrenaline when a new prospect comes into view) over various sheets of rubber. Most all of which will not add even the slightest overall improvement to our game!

PostPosted: 04 Dec 2021, 23:02 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
redspot wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
redspot wrote:

Dignics 09c
Bluegrip C1/C2
Rakza Z/Z extra hard
Xiom Tau 2
Nittaku Sieger PK50
Gewo codexx el pro 52/54
etc.

Thank you so much. I have Dignics 09C on one of the oversize blades. I will remove and test it on Goriki.

I like joola golden tango ps, tenergy 05 hard and dignics 64 on my goriki replicas. Depending on your style, some faster rubber with more bounce might be better suited. I'm kind of purposefully slowing down my rubbers in an effort to force myself to actually swing fully at the ball, not just block against incoming shots. I would recommend joola dynaryz zgr - but it seems to die off quicker

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2021, 05:04 
Super User

redspot wrote:

Yes I tried Vortex, and yes I'm aware of the release of Vortex 2. Vortex has not a lot of spin reversal, and I discuted with Daniel about Vortex 2, it is more or less the same as Vortex 1 except it has shorter pimple length and it is 10% lighter. So I won't buy it

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 05 Dec 2021, 14:12 

Blade: DR Neubauer Matador
FH: Dignics 09C 2,1mm
BH: ABS 2 2,5mm
Rinforzando wrote:
redspot wrote:

Yes I tried Vortex, and yes I'm aware of the release of Vortex 2. Vortex has not a lot of spin reversal, and I discuted with Daniel about Vortex 2, it is more or less the same as Vortex 1 except it has shorter pimple length and it is 10% lighter. So I won't buy it

PostPosted: 06 Dec 2021, 00:30 

Blade: Stiga Carbonado 190
FH: Donic Bluestorm Z2
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS
redspot wrote:

I will receive the new vortex 2 next week.
It's the rubber i decided to play with the new Stiga Cybershape. I hope it works. ;)