OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:34

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2022, 23:32 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Appreciate the review! I think Dr N has done a great job of coming up with an array of options to suit different types of players. The Pro is too fast for what I like to do, but I can see it being effective for others. And at the professional level, I can understand why Luka uses it. It's awesome that Luka is in the Bundesliga now, we get to see a lot more of him against top players.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 02 May 2023, 20:19 
Super User

Blade: Matador Texa Carbon
FH: Gewo Proton Neo 450
BH: Desperado Reloaded OX
This afternoon will try it in a Dr. Neubauer Bulldozer. Is the first anti I try, well, before I tried Gigant that isn´t a really anti...

PostPosted: 13 Sep 2023, 01:31 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
2023.09.12: A couple of days ago I've received my setup, with a Dr. Neubauer ABS 2 Pro on my backhand! I have got the tips from dwruck and Matt Pimple to try this rather than the ABS 3. Thank you from here, too!

I was thinking very hard for a very long time about which flanti should I play with. I have asked people, I have read dozens of lines about the antis and I asked myself what do I want. Then I got here, the ABS 2 Pro. I could only play a few times with it, so here is my impression so far. I have put it on a Cybershape Carbon!

Speed: It is a quick flanti, definitely quick, especially paired with a such a fast and stiff carbon blade like the Cybershape Carbon. The attacking capabilities are very good and always leave my impressed how good I can attack with it and put the opponent under pressure.

Control: It has a relatively good amount of control. Despite being pretty fast, you still can block short or direct the ball wherever you want, but this requires a delicate touch and soft hand, as it is rather bouncy and catapulty (on this blade), not to mention the necessity proper technique and the great attention to the spin you are working with. It is not spin-sensitive, although on very few occasions I noticed a little, but probably that was due to improper technique making the ball spending too much time on the rubber.

Spin "reversal" and disruption: I don't have a comparative base, so can't really tell if it has a good reversal or not, but according to my first impressions with a flanti, it is okay. When blocking, the topspins seem to go back a little empty, but backspins have some reversal. The majority of the balls seems disruptive enough, they wobble a lot, stop mid-air, take a kick at the opponent (especially if backspin is chopped or blocked), lifting and sideswipes give weird curve, chopblock keeps some of the spin, chopping gives back some of the spin (some chops are heavy enough to force mistakes from the opponent).

Other impressions: It is a real weapon for proper hands, but on the other hand it can be dangerous for the users, too. The throw angle varies shot by shot, the speed is dependant on the softness of the shot (sometimes hard to adjust properly). The pushes are often high, but this can also be because of my bad technique.

In conclusion, I give this flanti a 8.8 / 10 overall score. A very good flanti with good diversity and possibilities. I recommend it to anyone who wishes to play an active and attack-oriented game to setup your forehand, as passive game is not a winning option. I like it very much and I think I'll keep this on my blade for a long time. I don't say I won't try out something else, but this is a winning rubber for me! I will do further tests of course and will keep this post updated!

2023.09.13: I had another training with it today and gained some more impression. It is a little too fast, sometimes hard to control. It is very easy to send the ball long. I have only had for two weeks and it already seems to develop grip, though it didn't touch water or anything that could give it grip. On some areas on the topsheets, now my finger stucks there for a fraction of a second, which leads me to believe it is gaining grip, but we will see. The bounce is unpredictable sometimes. You need very good feel to make the most out of it!

Thanks!

First edit - 2023.09.12
Second edit - 2023.09.13

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender