OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 22:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: Normal antispin
PostPosted: 03 Feb 2023, 03:14 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Hi guys,

I'm wondering is it possible to give spin revearsal with a 'normal' anti rubber. And how do you do it? Or do you always give no spin balls?

I play with frictionless so, no experience with regular anti

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Normal antispin
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2023, 16:32 
Super User

Blade: Joola Xylo 7
FH: Battle 2 National 38
BH: Trick Anti
It's interesting that there are no replies in this topic.. yet :)
I've been playing with classical Antis for quite some time now (also tried FL ones (ABS3 and 2)) so I'll try to answer this question.
So if someone says "spin reversal" - I understand it as passive spin reversal (without additional motions that add additional/active spin). So I'll base my answer on this assumption :)
So as a normal Anti I would define an Anti that can generate some spin and has some reaction to spin. But this ability (to react to/generate spin) needs some conditions - more sponge engagement and specific angle of the racket when one performs the shot. The topsheet is usually pretty slick by itself and has very low grip.
So with a normal Anti defined like this I would dare to say that passive reversal is minimal. A mean - you can easily kill the spin or you can actively support it and thus return some "active" reversal or (with some Antis this is easier than with others) you can create your own spin. But just passively returning the spin.. Yeah, it can probably return some spin, but it's not even close to the FL antis (I would say that if FL anti is a 5 in spin reversal, then normal Anti would be 0.5-1.5).
The easiest shot to have some passive spin reversal with my Anti for me is the heavy and slow topspin - and if I manage to take it of the bounce with forward motion - then - yes - some spin is left, but it's not a heavy downspin.. it's moderate at best.

Post subject: Re: Normal antispin
PostPosted: 04 Feb 2023, 19:24 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
Thanks.

I have a Django witch is a more normal anti. I normally play ABS 3. But agression is difficult for me.

I can be very agressive on serve return and backspin with the Django. But blocks are mediocre. And I can not reverse spin even while chopblocking.

I'm am searching for a mix between agression and possibilty for revearsal

Verstuurd vanaf mijn moto g22 met Tapatalk