OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 16:01

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2023, 21:55 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
I'm curious if an antispin (grippy) is okay with an 5-ply wood blade... Would it be good for hitting and blocking? Would it be good to control? Spin and speed killing?

Thanks.

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2023, 17:42 

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Tenergy 05 Hard
BH: DMS Scandal 1.2
I changed from carbon blade to wood blade, because the control is much better with the wood blade for both sides.

First, i tried DMS Dr Jekill & Mr. Hyde:
With anti rubber: the control was good, the reversal was very good but less then it was with carbon blade(DMS Wizard fire). It is very slow.
With inverted:The spin was very good, the blocking was very good, but the hitting was just okish.

Now i play with Stiga Cybershape wood CWT and i had very good results:
With anti rubber: the control is amazing, the reversal is okish. Really slooooow !
With inverted:The spin is okish, the blocking(even the chop-block) and hitting are amazing.

I cannot tell you about hitting with anti, because I twiddle.

The CWT system is also something you want to have:
https://www.stigasports.com/product/cybershape-wood-cwt

PostPosted: 25 Apr 2023, 23:26 
Super User

Ycos3d wrote:
I changed from carbon blade to wood blade, because the control is much better with the wood blade for both sides.

With anti rubber: the control was good, the reversal was very good but less then it was with carbon blade(DMS Wizard fire). It is very slow.
With inverted:The spin was very good, the blocking was very good, but the hitting was just okish.

With anti rubber: the control is amazing, the reversal is okish. Really slooooow !
With inverted:The spin is okish, the blocking(even the chop-block) and hitting are amazing.

Thanks for answering! To be honest, the blade you've mentioned is just the blade I was thinking about, you've read my text pretty well in that aspect. I'm an hitte antiier, so I use it for attacking as well and by reading you text, I believe it is better to stay at the carbon blades.

Thanks.

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2023, 02:11 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
GregorTT425 wrote:
I'm curious if an antispin (grippy) is okay with an 5-ply wood blade... Would it be good for hitting and blocking? Would it be good to control? Spin and speed killing?

This gentleman here seems to do quite well with anti on an Andro Ligna ALL blade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEfAhVQxYus&t=102s
His German TTR is around 2300 which would be a USATT rating of 2600-2650. Apparently he will play in the 2. Bundesliga next season.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2023, 16:31 
Super User

Matt Pimple wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:

This gentleman here seems to do quite well with anti on an Andro Ligna ALL blade:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEfAhVQxYus&t=102s
His German TTR is around 2300 which would be a USATT rating of 2600-2650. Apparently he will play in the 2. Bundesliga next season.

Thanks for answering! Yeah, this dude is a good antiier, I'm planning to be like him...

Thanks!

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2023, 17:40 
Super User

Ycos3d wrote:

What do you mean the spin is okish for the inverted rubber at the cybershape? From what I've heard, it is a pretty flexible blade and has good dwell, providing great spin. Is it good for forehand (has good spin, speed and control)?

PostPosted: 12 May 2023, 21:47 

GregorTT425 wrote:
Ycos3d wrote:

What do you mean the spin is okish for the inverted rubber at the cybershape? From what I've heard, it is a pretty flexible blade and has good dwell, providing great spin. Is it good for forehand (has good spin, speed and control)?

In my opinion the speed is good, control is fantastic, the spin is good, but it is hard to lift the balls with backspin.

PostPosted: 13 May 2023, 17:01 
Super User

Ycos3d wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
Ycos3d wrote:

In my opinion the speed is good, control is fantastic, the spin is good, but it is hard to lift the balls with backspin.

Thanks for answering!

Strange, because the review video of the TableTennisDaily implies it has good flex, meaning you good property of lifting backspin balls. Maybe it is your rubber that has a lower throw.

Anyway, I'm thinking about getting that blade for my anti, so you think that it would be great for that, right? We'll see! :D

EDIT; Now I have checked and see you are using Rakza Z Extra Hard. Then no wonders, it is a really hard rubber, so you don't get good dwell and high throw. I believe if you were using a softer rubber, you might have better results in these fields. In conclusion, I'll be using a quite soft rubber with a relatively high throw, so I should not have major problems. :)

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2023, 16:56 

GregorTT425 wrote:
Ycos3d wrote:

Thanks for answering! To be honest, the blade you've mentioned is just the blade I was thinking about, you've read my text pretty well in that aspect. I'm an hitte antiier, so I use it for attacking as well and by reading you text, I believe it is better to stay at the carbon blades.

Thanks.

Gregor, what is your experience with Stiga Cybershape Wood?
What weight do you use?
Now i like to play with 9g weight only.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2023, 17:21 
Super User

Ycos3d wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
Ycos3d wrote:

I love it! It is a magnificent blade, lots of speed and lots of control. It is a good combination with my mid-soft rubber and my anti. I have so much more control and safety than I had with my innercarbon blade. This allwood blade is much more compatible with my new style and setup!

What about you so far?

Thanks.

Gregor, what is your experience with Stiga Cybershape Wood?
What weight do you use?
Now i like to play with 9g weight only.

I love it! It is a magnificent blade and makes a great combination with my mid-soft rubber and my anti. I have so much more control than with my previous setup. Lots of control and safety while maintining good speed. Amazing blade! Not mentioning that it has a unique design and shape. In my club it was a complete sensation when I first showed up with it.
I didn't get one with the CWT addition. Mine is 88 grams, quite an okay weight, not the heaviest and not the lightest.

What about you so far?

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2023, 18:04 

I love the blade! The only thing i still search is the perfect glanti(i will also try to change the sponge), because the glanti is too slow on this blade, even for me.
I will not buy too many rubbers, i will just try some combinations with DMS Scandal and ABS 3.0 with different sponges.
Scandal and ABS3 have better control than any other glanti and the reversal is ok.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2023, 20:50 
Super User

Ycos3d wrote:
I love the blade! The only thing i still search is the perfect glanti(i will also try to change the sponge), because the glanti is too slow on this blade, even for me.
I will not buy too many rubbers, i will just try some combinations with DMS Scandal and ABS 3.0 with different sponges.
Scandal and ABS3 have better control than any other glanti and the reversal is ok.

That's good. The problem is for you I think that you will not get very high spin reversal, no matter what anti you try, as you need stiff blade for that. The allwood blades are usually flexible, so this one.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2023, 21:45 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
Allwood blade with minimum 6.5mm wood thickness should be stiff enough. For example Barna Triumph which is a 5 plies wood provide one of the best spin reversal out there.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2023, 23:04 

GregorTT425 wrote:
Ycos3d wrote:

That's good. The problem is for you I think that you will not get very high spin reversal, no matter what anti you try, as you need stiff blade for that. The allwood blades are usually flexible, so this one.

The reversal i have is enough, i put everything on the table. I need a little bit more speed though, otherwise i will break my arm while pushing.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2023, 04:49 
Super User

Ycos3d wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:
Ycos3d wrote:

The reversal i have is enough, i put everything on the table. I need a little bit more speed though, otherwise i will break my arm while pushing.

That's okay then. Good luck with finding the rubber for you. Ever tried NBS2? Does really the Cybershape Wood give good reversal with your glanti/flanti? Also, if you ever try ABS 3, please share your thoughts with me, as you have the same blade as mine, we might help each other. ;)