OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 01:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 14 Dec 2013, 06:34 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

THE GAMEr wrote:
I've said it already somewhere, but anti is not for me. I played with it for more than a month. Here's some notes on it:

Attacking: Bleh. I was extremely inconsistent, and even when I did attack, it was nothing special. This doesn't detract too much from anti's rep though. After all, noone uses it to attack (other than anti's actually made for it).

Pushing: Very consistent, but very hard to make pushes difficult to attack. The reflectoid gives nice spinny pushes; anti gives dead/slight topspin pushes.

Blocking: Anti is a blocking demon!!!! Consistent, easy, and good. That is all.

Chopping: VERY consistent. Unfortunately, it is also somewhat predictable and easy to attack against.

Flicking: Throw is too low. Flicking/flipping is almost impossible.

Conclusion: Anti for the defensive player. I like flicking and hitting on the BH too much to use it. I can chop with reflectoid....but I think I'll switch to something a little faster on the BH soon (Like LKT Rapid sound).

I think your verdict is a bit on the harsh side. I'm fairly certain that you didn't use Friendship 804, which attacks, pushes and flicks just fine; nor Tibhar Ellen Defense, which chops great, allowing a lot of variety in spin, so it isn't easy to attack against. There is a great variety of antispin rubbers, but as is the case with LPs, it isn't easy to find one that does it all...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 21:21 
Super User

If Anti works for chopping which Anti and which thickness would you recommend ?

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 22:25 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Tenergy05fx wrote:
If Anti works for chopping which Anti and which thickness would you recommend ?

It depends on your intention and style. Some are better for modern defenders than for classic defenders. For instance, Hou Ying Chao (modern defender) played with Friendship 804 for a short while; it is not unlike defending with short pips, as it is not slow, and has some grip, so you can make your own spin and attack as well. It is said Yoo Se Hyuk (modern defender) played with Butterfly Super Anti (max thick) sometimes; this rubber, too, can make some spin on its own (not as much as Friendship 804) and allows spin-variation in classic defence, as well as attacks. For classic defence not too far away from the table there are antis like Tibhar Ellen Defence or Stiga Energy Absorber; they resemble the Butterfly anti to some degree, but are a little less easy to play with (Butterfly Super Anti is very easy to play with). For this style you would need a thickness of about 1.8mm (1.6mm for the Stiga, which is harder), to prevent losing control when the rubber bottoms out. If you are used to play really far away from the table, a faster anti is generally better, like the Tibhar Ellen Offence (same topsheet, harder sponge). And if all you wish is to be able to return any ball whatsoever, a frictionless anti with high control would be convenient, with its thickness again around 1.8 mm. But thin-sponged classic antispin rubbers like the Tibhar Ellen Defence or the Stiga Energy Absorber will work for that as well (1.5 mm or less); you need to adapt your chopping stroke, though, so that you go under the ball, to prevent bottoming out. Still, at the end of the day, it is a matter of personal preference as well, or perhaps mostly...

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2019, 22:52 
Super User

I am Playing modern defence, use Dtechs 0,5 at the moment.
Which would be Best suited for this style ?

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2019, 01:41 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Tenergy05fx wrote:

You should rule aout any modern frictionless anti, they are not good for that. There are a few in Sweden who chops with Yasaka Anti Power.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2019, 05:05 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Tenergy05fx wrote:

The Butterfly Super Anti would probably come closest to the Grass Dtecs. I would think in 1.9 mm to make the most of spin-variation and enable attacks. In 1.5 mm it would be slightly faster, possibly offering somewhat less control but more reversal. Red for highest degree of reversal, black for highest degree of spin-variation (and easier attacking).

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2019, 05:48 
Super User

Kees is spot on. :up: I seen a guy in a div 1 match using Super Anti. His hitting and chopping with it was very effective. :rock: Deadly as a matter of fact! :devil:

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2019, 18:35 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i am an anti chopper and play at a decent league level-3 first divisions.
i have tried loads of antis and the best one for me is nittaku best anti spin(max thickness in red)
the throw angle is fairly low and its very consistant.i did not like butterfly super anti.
juice neo and yasaka antipower are also worth a try and are soft and easy to play with.
check e bay for used sheets.

PostPosted: 03 Sep 2019, 15:04 

Blade: Matador
FH: Spinfire 2.1, Black
BH: Diabolic Special 1.0, Red
I have also been chopping with Best Anti. You have to work a bit to produce substantial spin. It is pretty easy to send back a floater, but this won't give good players much problems. You can keep the ball in play that way, but not do much else. With good technique and racket speed, cutting under the ball, you can get a good bit of underspin that will keep people from easy attacks.

The other area in which Best Anti excels, at least for me, is attacking. Any ball with some underpin can be pretty easily flat pick hit, or even spun a bit. Especially short serves to my back hand can be hit for winners unless they are really deep. Blocking is good, too, as it is slow enough to take most of the speed out of a hard shot and it really dies on the table.

As you can tell, I highly recommend it. I'd also recommend reading Kees' excellent post on playing with anti. I learned a lot.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2019, 02:16 
Super User

I have ordered a sheet og NBA.
So this Will be My first test.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2021, 18:52 

Kees wrote:
Red for highest degree of reversal, black for highest degree of spin-variation (and easier attacking).

Is this still an observation valid nowadays with the progress in the process of rubbers manufacturers?

Otherwise what brings me here is that I play with a Best anti red in 1.2 on a fast carbon blade. I was thinking, to be more effective and deceptive to switch on combi blade with side very slow or trying a best anti with a thicker sponge. What guys do think would be more effective with the plastic ball in term of deception, spinning abilities?

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2021, 23:01 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

akathedude wrote:
Kees wrote:
Red for highest degree of reversal, black for highest degree of spin-variation (and easier attacking).

Is this still an observation valid nowadays with the progress in the process of rubbers manufacturers?

Otherwise what brings me here is that I play with a Best anti red in 1.2 on a fast carbon blade. I was thinking, to be more effective and deceptive to switch on combi blade with side very slow or trying a best anti with a thicker sponge. What guys do think would be more effective with the plastic ball in term of deception, spinning abilities?

I play with thick red best anti on a combo blade.Its great for chopping and you can hit with it (slowish)You can also block fast loops at the table with the combo blade so you have the best of both worlds.
My friend uses best anti black in 1.2 and chops and hits.he also uses a carbon blade.i have always found that red is the best best anti for chopping.black thin for driving on the backhand.
Are you living in the UK mate
ps -you can also get very old sheets of best anti with the seriel numbers on(these are slower than the new best antis)
I find that you can get to a high level in local leagues playing a chopping anti style.
To get higher level you have to make sure that your blade keeps the antispin low and you have to chop hard to reverse their spin(hard bloody work)

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2021, 01:15 

So the more thicker tje more spin?
I played a while with best anti on Violin and after have switched to a carbon blade because I was lacking power with my chinese rubber. Otherwise I have an old black sheet with serial number on the sponge. Maybe I will try this one first before buying a new sheet because my backhand side is very slow with the inner cork ply and am afraid lacking power with a thicker sponge to not land the ball on the table. I am not in UK, I am, some will say, your enemy living the other side of the Channel :D

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2021, 09:41 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

i would say the thicker is slower so if you really chop well you will get more spin as opposed to a floating ball.
I would recommend an all or all minus blade for the thick anti.a donic defplay is fine but you have to put in some work lol.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2021, 21:51 

With most anti the thicker the better except for Yasaka Anti Power and its elastic sponge (reason for its renown as the best attacking type classic anti). The 2.0 version seems to give a slight catapult and occasional balls shoot out unexpectedly on defensive shots vs 1.5 which was far more controlled and stable. Maybe I didn’t give it enough time, all up 5-6 hours for both YAP versions before settling on NBA 1.8 which I got along with right away.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next