OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 16:35

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: 10 Jan 2016, 08:45 
Super User

I'm playing with Dornenglanz (and trying Transformer). Before the ban, I was using Curl Bamboo.
I'm curious about Fabian Akerström. He was playing very well with Hallmark Original before the ban, now with Dornenglanz, but, in my opinion he should give Transformer a try.

Blade: Dotec Ovtcharov All +

FH: Friendship 802-40 2mm
BH: DMS Transformer 1mm

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2016, 17:30 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Capoblanco wrote:
I'm playing with Dornenglanz (and trying Transformer). Before the ban, I was using Curl Bamboo.
I'm curious about Fabian Akerström. He was playing very well with Hallmark Original before the ban, now with Dornenglanz, but, in my opinion he should give Transformer a try.

I am pretty sure he has tried it, he has a strong connection to coach Hans Thalin, who was a good anti-player. And he works in collaboration with Japsko who sells Neubauer and he surley had the chance to try Neubauer's antis.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2016, 18:12 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
I think I need to try this, it seems like too much fun :rofl:

I don't know if I should go with 0.6mm or 1.0mm sponge though, I would probably try it on my spare Defplay.

Does it have harder or softer feel compared to Beast?

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2016, 18:18 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

auzcar wrote:

I don't know if I should go with 0.6mm or 1.0mm sponge though, I would probably try it on my spare Defplay.

The top sheet has the same feel (the material looks and feels similar to you finger tips when you touch it) as BAD but it is a little harder. So I would say somewher between BEAST and BAD. BEAST does feel like a rubber while BAD and Transformer is more like some kind of plastic or cardboard. But you should chose the thinest version.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2016, 18:23 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Def-attack wrote:
auzcar wrote:

The top sheet has the same feel (the material looks and feels similar to you finger tips when you touch it) as BAD but it is a little harder. So I would say somewher between BEAST and BAD. BEAST does feel like a rubber while BAD and Transformer is more like some kind of plastic or cardboard. But you should chose the thinest version.

So you suggest 0.6mm? I'm just a bit worried I'll have trouble with it being too fast on harder attacks. I suspect I would like the feel of the 0.6mm the most though.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2016, 18:58 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

I ordered the 0.6mm, it felt like the most fun to try! I'll probably try it after my league matches next weekend.

PostPosted: 10 Jan 2016, 20:03 
Super User

auzcar wrote:
I ordered the 0.6mm, it felt like the most fun to try! I'll probably try it after my league matches next weekend.

Don't worry. The 0,6 is still very slow.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 07:41 

Blade: Joo Saehyuk
FH: Various 1.5-2.2 :)
BH: Grass D.TecS ox

Here's video from me and Iceman testing TRANSFORMER 1.5mm on Matsushita Power Defence blade.
This Anti is very different from all other Antispins that I have tried or played against to. Not too much destruction or effect on first ball, but you must be veeery careful to not mistake on backspin from reversal on 2nd, 3rd ball. This is my current mindset, it may change during some time. Maybe thinner sponge would have more effect and on for example Tomahawk blade. This rubber has good potential to be "one more point" in set like before old version Grass D.TecS was doing it, if you know what I mean 8) .

best regards

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 07:49 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
domacc wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-uv_wC3bN4

Here's video from me and Iceman testing TRANSFORMER 1.5mm on Matsushita Power Defence blade.

best regards

two pieces of advice:

1) try avoiding moving your bat when blocking. just get the angle right and dont move it. = shorter blocks and more reversal

2) try a different blade. this combination is not good. the reversal could be much better and 1.5 usually creates ultra short blocks. slick antis are to be played on stiff and hard blades, which usually are faster than defensive blades

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 16:59 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I had my 2nd session with 1,5 mm Transformer on Destroyer. Too slow I think :^) . Spin reversal does not feel as good as with BAD in 1,5 mm, most likely due to the slower tempo and longer dwell time on the rubber. I also have a little problem adapting to the slow speed when returning serves and blocking (netting mny strokes), but it is clearly better for agressive service returning and pushing. Also, attacking with a kind of slapping stroke on loose top spins is ok to do. But blocks tend to go a little higher (and shorter) and not returning as much spin. I will order a sheet in 1,0 mm soon 8) .

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 17:31 
Super User

When I see this video, I'm happy to choose the 0,6mm one.

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 17:34 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I tried Transformer in 1.0 sponge. No training with it. Just started playing and lost all my matches due to too many unforced errors (lots of pop-ups and balls in the net, but not many going long), but they were all close games despite my bad play. I like the feel of the rubber and its effects definitely bothered my opponents. Hopefully I'll have my control issues worked out in a few sessions. I'm using the Terror blade.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 17:53 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

mynamenotbob wrote:
I tried Transformer in 1.0 sponge. No training with it. Just started playing and lost all my matches due to too many unforced errors (lots of pop-ups and balls in the net, but not many going long), but they were all close games despite my bad play. I like the feel of the rubber and its effects definitely bothered my opponents. Hopefully I'll have my control issues worked out in a few sessions. I'm using the Terror blade.

You will get better quickly. The hard thing is to re-program the brain not to close the bat at sudden attacks to BH. But if you are used to LP in ox that should not be a big problem. Just make sure to stay low and with bended knees when blocking, that gives you more control. Also, how you hold the bat (grip, how tight you hold it, etc) matters. Just experiment a little there...

I just ordered a new sheet in 1,0 mm :) .

PostPosted: 12 Jan 2016, 18:54 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
AA wrote:
domacc wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-uv_wC3bN4

best regards

two pieces of advice:

1) try avoiding moving your bat when blocking. just get the angle right and dont move it. = shorter blocks and more reversal

2) try a different blade. this combination is not good. the reversal could be much better and 1.5 usually creates ultra short blocks. slick antis are to be played on stiff and hard blades, which usually are faster than defensive blades

yes,

you are right of course...

i have just received the rubber 2 days ago and glued it to the blade i am playing, didnt had time to try it on my other blades...
and i cant get rid of old habit of moving the blade in the block...i think i am doing it because the blade anti combination is too slow and without it the ball is not going over net...hope all will be better when i move the anti to the faster blade...

def-attack was practicing for a long time with slick antis, but i have just put it on my blade, 3rd day playing, dont judge me from that video :lol:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2016, 00:56 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Here is a short clip from some of yesterday's session with 1.5 mm Transformer on BH. I was totally out of timing and touch, missed lots of serves and attacks. And I was bothered and frustrated over Transformers extreme slowness :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 19  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!