OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 30 Mar 2024, 07:46

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2016, 23:32 
Super User

Blade: DMS Revolution
FH: XIOM Vega China max
BH: DrN ABS fAnti max
what he said :up:

the trick is to get underneath the sponge and lift is carefully without bending it at all...if you bend the sponge with the rubber it will leave wrinkles...

i am also using silicon spray on the knife to get less friction...

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2016, 06:09 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
111Iceman111 wrote:

the trick is to get underneath the sponge and lift is carefully without bending it at all...if you bend the sponge with the rubber it will leave wrinkles...

you should do a youtube tutorial..you would become famous 8) :clap:

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2016, 16:46 

Blade: Nittaku Goriki SD
FH: Donic Baracuda Max
BH: Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX
Last monday i got 4 hrs of Training with DMS TRANSFORMER 0.6mm (try also 1.5mm but too slow for me)

First impressions:
- 1h of pure panic and frustrating morale (very hard to push ball over the net)
- after about 1h of training situation change a bit: coz i change my vision. Need to use TRANSFORMER for to be very active, totally useless if you play like a passive defender
- easy to push balls for consequently topspin or smash (polyball give more chances for smash)
- easy control in faster rally (need only to be in correct body position and replicate correct movements)
- great for destroy opponent timing: easy to made short or long ball
- sufficient in reversal spin effects (but my opponent know how play against frictionless rubber and don't give spin)
- defence in 1.5mt or 2.5 mt from table hard for me.. but coz i'm not a pure defender (need more training for improve)
- smash easy.. block too..
- very hard to open like topspin with TRANSFORMER for me (% of success very very low.. after 100 balls only 18 positive results)
Only positive qualities? For now yes.. but need to be very concentrated for play.. when the concentration go down.. FAIL! FAIL! FAIL! :envy:
My percentage in positive rallies is about 55%.. very low.. but the sensations are very good.. good feeling..
This evening.. second training with my DMS Transformer..
i'll post new impressions..
Sorry for my english..

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 01:23 

Blade: TSP Balsa 5.5 All+
FH: Nittaku Beautry 1.8mm
BH: S&T Hellfire ox
I found another Transformer video, hope it's not been posted: -

Setup3: Blade: DMS Destroyer FH: Tenergy 05 max BH: DMS Transformer 1.5

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 03:11 
Super User

AA wrote:
111Iceman111 wrote:

you should do a youtube tutorial..you would become famous 8) :clap:

i like to be in a shadow...like all us FAnti players :devil: :lol: :rofl: :rock:

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn my inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 03:12 
Super User

v02man wrote:
I found another Transformer video, hope it's not been posted: -

the guy is phenomenal on all offensive shots...he need to work harder on blocks though :up:

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 16:39 

I have seen this video in you tube.. but.. I think.. like for all promotional videos, players plays as if the transformer is the most devastating frictionless rubber in the world.. the guy with that rubber play very well, and shows good solution for win the rally, but the opponent is too passive.. although I wish I could play like player with transformer rubber.. :sweat:
For me the best example is Amiri.. but I think also.. AA play very very well with all special rubbers.. frictionless.. pimple.. coz in his video I see great control.. good pushing.. and a great body position in every rallies.. this my opinion..
Need more AA videos for copy his tennis table style!! :clap:
I have other videos with transformer rubber.. but opponents don't play hard.. attitude too remissive..
Sorry for my English..

The Ultimate Light Saber
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki SuperDrive FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 1.5mm
Blade Nittaku Goriki FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Tibhar Grass D.TecS OX + Toni Hold Dumpening Sponge 0.5 mm
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH Der-Materialspezialist Elimination Extralong OX
Blade Nittaku Violoncello FH Donic Baracuda Max BH der-Materialspezialist Megablock 2.0mm

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 17:36 
Holey Woods
Holey Woods

Blade: Joo Se Hyuk
FH: Xiom Omega VII Euro
BH: Dornenglanz ox
Even though I would call that a promo I think those offensive shots are pretty impressive, I had huge trouble with getting those on the table, of course I didn't really give it a good go but still. I agree that the blocks are way too weak though, in a match situation the other guy would hit winners of those all day.

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2016, 19:47 

Yes auzucar.. impressive in that video is the technic player with transformer rubber.. but i think that player is strong with all frictionless rubber.. natural movements.. easy control..
I'm impressed by FH shots with transformer.. not easy for me to replicate.. :doh:
Technic is most important than rubber.. and after 25 years without tennis table.. for me very very hard.. ;(

The Ultimate Light Saber

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016, 16:31 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
How effective is the anti at playing a push-blocker kind of game?

How does it compare to LP when blocking and chop blocking? For instance, to play a Zhou Xintong style of game -- would you want anti or LP?

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016, 16:39 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:

How does it compare to LP when blocking and chop blocking? For instance, to play a Zhou Xintong style of game -- would you want anti or LP?

slick antis create the maximum possible spin reversal, no comparison to pimples with friction. due to their slickness, its not easy using them, blocking takes a learning curve as you need to get the angle right (opening the bat the more spin has, which is counter intuitive). pushing and attacking is also possible and effective, however requires practice and skill. chopblocking is useless, as the most effective block is established by not moving the bat when blocking with slick anti spin rubbers.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016, 17:02 
Super User

AA wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

slick antis create the maximum possible spin reversal, no comparison to pimples with friction. due to their slickness, its not easy using them, blocking takes a learning curve as you need to get the angle right (opening the bat the more spin has, which is counter intuitive). pushing and attacking is also possible and effective, however requires practice and skill. chopblocking is useless, as the most effective block is established by not moving the bat when blocking with slick anti spin rubbers.

Then you'd recommend LP for the Zhou/chop blocking game?

Basically, I'm wondering what the advantage this anti has over LP when playing a close to the table blocking/chopping game? If any?

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2016, 18:13 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:

Basically, I'm wondering what the advantage this anti has over LP when playing a close to the table blocking/chopping game? If any?

what i mean is that frictionless antis are far more effective but harder to handle. the spinreversal when blocking is lightyears bigger than blocking with pimples with friction...but at the same times they are far harder to handle. so it really depends on your skill and comittment to do a LOT of training with which of the two you will do better.

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 03:39 
Super User

AA wrote:
skilless_slapper wrote:

what i mean is that frictionless antis are far more effective but harder to handle. the spinreversal when blocking is lightyears bigger than blocking with pimples with friction...but at the same times they are far harder to handle. so it really depends on your skill and comittment to do a LOT of training with which of the two you will do better.

But looking at the two (Luka M anti spin player and Zhou Xintong LP player), Zhou seems to win a lot more points with her LP than Luka wins with the anti. Zhou appears to have a more active game there with variations and putaways. Whereas Luka almost feels like a 'point resetting' each time he uses the anti. Well, basically he is almost pure defense with the anti side. Now and then he can attack a back spin serve or push.

Although the asian guy in that video a few posts back was very aggressive with the anti, doing a lot of attacks. I guess it comes down to preference?

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2016, 04:12 
Super User

skilless_slapper wrote:

But looking at the two (Luka M anti spin player and Zhou Xintong LP player), Zhou seems to win a lot more points with her LP than Luka wins with the anti. Zhou appears to have a more active game there with variations and putaways. Whereas Luka almost feels like a 'point resetting' each time he uses the anti. Well, basically he is almost pure defense with the anti side. Now and then he can attack a back spin serve or push.

Although the asian guy in that video a few posts back was very aggressive with the anti, doing a lot of attacks. I guess it comes down to preference?

well, as soon as you block with a good slick anti, the opponent will have a very hard time to loop again and might be forced to chop..so what luka does is twiddle and loop that chop. he and most others do not really attack with the slick anti because it is hard, they rather kinda twiddle like luka or push the ball with it. the only better "known" players to attack with it, is the japanese dude in the video and myself. amelie solja pushes the ball offensively with the anti. to get a better glimpse of the deadly backspin in the block, you should either watch the transformer promo-video with myself (amir ahmed) showing scenes from the 2.cnd national league or games of solja or ademir balaban.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 274 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 19  Next