OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:57

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
PostPosted: 22 May 2019, 02:51 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Matt Pimple wrote:
Matt Pimple wrote:
univesse wrote:
[quote="Def-attack"]The film:
http://youtu.be/88PzyRmhpFs

Amir can't miss! Looks like sufficient reversal to me :up:

Yes and I bet it's not an ABS ball... ;)

Quote:
Actually Amir confirmed in the German Noppentest forum that no ABS balls were used.

Back spin with Stiga Perform (ABS) is still sufficient for this game. There may perhaps not be as much back spin as in the video but not far from either. But choose blade very carefully to get the most back spin out of it.

PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 01:17 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Def-attack wrote:
Back spin with Stiga Perform (ABS) is still sufficient for this game. There may perhaps not be as much back spin as in the video but not far from either. But choose blade very carefully to get the most back spin out of it.

I generally agree with you and we play mostly with Nittaku Premium here which is similar, I believe, in terms of reversal. However, I also believe that the days where you just stick your anti in are over. You need to play a more active game and be able to attack with your forehand as you won't get as many easy points anymore. I think the placement with anti (low and short, long in the corners etc.) is more important now than just reversal. I don't think there is much difference in terms of reversal with the recent crop of new antis (MPS and Dr N) so play whatever anti gives you the best control and feel.

PostPosted: 23 May 2019, 01:20 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Matt Pimple wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

I generally agree with you and we play mostly with Nittaku Premium here which is similar, I believe, in terms of reversal. However, I also believe that the days where you just stick your anti in are over. You need to play a more active game and be able to attack with your forehand as you won't get as many easy points anymore. I think the placement with anti (low and short, long in the corners etc.) is more important now than just reversal. I don't think there is much difference in terms of reversal with the recent crop of new antis (MPS and Dr N) so play whatever anti gives you the best control and feel.

I totally agree on that!

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2019, 18:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I wrote this in my blog:

I did a little test with the robot, comparing Diabolic Extra Slow with the new Dr Neubauer ABS 2 soft. Both are very good but also a little different. ABS is better for attacking while Diabolic is better for blocking.

https://youtu.be/SqVTjzrVPZ0

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2019, 08:10 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
That's my experience as well. Safer/slower award goes to DMS and faster/better at attacking low spin balls goes to Dr N.

Although, for me personally, I find the DMS are better to attack backspin with. The rubbers I've used from DMS have more spin reversal, and while they are slower... the consistency is higher, which results in more points for me.

PostPosted: 26 Aug 2019, 02:51 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

The last sessions I have been using Diabolic Extra Slow with a thinner sponge. I mailed Guido to ask when they would release this anti in 0,9 mm. He did not answer that but he said that some of their antis were a little thinner than 1,2 mm, like 1,0 or so. He said that when I ordered a new sheet from their web store I should add a comment that I wanted it as thin as possible, and so I did. So the one I got had a clearly thinner sponge than the previous sheet.

This thinner one has even lower throw and a little harder touch, like you can feel the wood through the rubber. It is better for attacking, it gives even better back spin at blocks. The first 30 minutes I sent almost every block to the net, so the throw is CLEARLY lower than the older, now rather worn, sheet. And, of course, it is a little faster so keeping hard loops short or even on the table is a little more tricky. But it is still way slower than ABS 2 soft 2,5. I really like it!

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2023, 19:26 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Guys
I have just ordered a sheet of Diabolic Special in Red 1.0mm. It will be a lost foray into slick anti for me.
I thought of mounting it on my Dr N Hercules. Any views on that?
Bulldog.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2023, 16:17 

FH: Spinfire 2.1, Black
BH: Diabolic Special 1.0, Red
Bulldog wrote:
Hi Guys
I have just ordered a sheet of Diabolic Special in Red 1.0mm. It will be a lost foray into slick anti for me.
I thought of mounting it on my Dr N Hercules. Any views on that?
Bulldog.

Not sure about the blade - I have it on a Matador, and it is a lot fun. Can block short, chop, hit, etc. I'd check out the WRM videos to see what it can do in the hands of people who can use it.

PostPosted: 23 Dec 2023, 19:49 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Thank you very much. I have a Matador Texa and will consider using that. I have watched the videos from WRM. Looking forward to the rubber arriving from Germany now.
Bulldog

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8