OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 10 Apr 2024, 15:21

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 26 May 2019, 19:43 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
For those that have tried a lot of antispin rubbers, which is the slowest one currently available?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 27 May 2019, 04:16 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I doubt one can find a slower rubber than Spinlord Gigant . It seems both Gigant and Mantlet are the slowest rubbers on the planet and from the comments and videos they appear to perform similarly .

In rallies Gigant is so slow you need to bash through the ball sometimes ,otherwise , the ball dies close to the net . It is fantastic to take the pace off, serve short and block hard hits, however, it pops up the ball , hence, twiddling is a must .

If Gigant was a treated rubber like FL ones, it would be perfect, but that is a horse of a different colour . FL antis are here to stay , yes,but to make the DMS. dr Ns and the ittf rich and happy . :lol:

PostPosted: 27 May 2019, 05:14 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
haggisv wrote:
For those that have tried a lot of antispin rubbers, which is the slowest one currently available?

I think DMS Scandal 1,5 mm is the among slowest around, or perhaps Reflection 1,5 from the same brand.

PostPosted: 29 May 2019, 03:52 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
Slowest I've used are the dms reflection and scandal in max sponge. Much slower than ones like best anti, super anti, neo anti, etc.

I've not used the spin lord ones so cant compare there

PostPosted: 29 May 2019, 22:02 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Have you tried the new Dr Neubauer ABS 2? I'm just curious how those compare, as that is what I'm going to be testing out as my first try at using anti. I have it on a blade in the max 2.5 thickness, also have a sheet of 2.1.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 30 May 2019, 03:03 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
dwruck wrote:
Have you tried the new Dr Neubauer ABS 2? I'm just curious how those compare, as that is what I'm going to be testing out as my first try at using anti. I have it on a blade in the max 2.5 thickness, also have a sheet of 2.1.

I've not used that specific one, but I have used rhino, rhino+, bison, buffalo, tarantula, and a few others like gorilla etc.

Of those, none are nearly as slow as the DMS anti spin rubbers. They don't seem to use the same principles for rubber production, so I'd be very surprised if the ABS 2 was much different than the rest of Dr. N's junk. 2.5mm sponge? 1.5 is the thickest for DMS and it is already very slow. If they made a 2.0 (which mega-block has actually) in their newest dampening sponge, I think you'd need a full power swing just to return a block!

PostPosted: 30 May 2019, 03:20 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Thanks for the feedback! I think the 2.1 is the most thin that you can get in ABS 2. I've only had a couple of hits with it. As I expected, it's very different from the grippy long pips I like to use. On my blocks, they either seemed to go down into the bottom of the net or I popped them up. Using the "bump" against back spin was pretty effective, and I could actually hit against slow dead balls. But I have to figure out the angle and technique for blocking loops better, or it will be an easy choice to stick with LP.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 30 May 2019, 14:31 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Sounds like we need to find out which is slowest amongst Spinlord Gigant and the DMS Reflection and Scandal. I know the Gigant is very slow even with a thin sponge, so we'd have to compare then with the same sponge thickness.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2019, 21:42 

Blade: Dr Neubauer Barricade Def
FH: V Limber Max
BH: DMS Reflection 1,5
Hello, I´ve tried reflection in 1,5mm and it´s not even near as slow as
Hallmark Mirage or Gigant Dragon. I would also like to add Joola Toni Hold anti topspin 2,5mm as one of the slowest antisrubbers out there.

Just remember, we talking about how slow they are. Hallmark Mirage got like zero effect.

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2019, 23:13 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
The slowest now would be Vortex with 2.3 mm red sponge. In 1.2 mm it is slower than most antis. I guess that in 2.3 mm it is almost not playable. At least if you don't use a very fast blade.

PostPosted: 25 Dec 2019, 01:56 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I am sure all the info here about antis is correct.However, let me tell you we all have not talked about the blade you have been using it on,which is paramount.

I have the experience of Gigant plus Tsp 2,5 balsa,.... and I must say if i did not bash through the ball , it went down into the net ,... slow, slow and funnily slow. I liked the control, the short blocking and serving,....

Yes, the popping up of the ball on the second / third attack is inevitable,... so twiddling helps a lot ,..but in the long run,... Gigant lacks versatility to be useful at high levels ,.....

I must say it is really fun to play with,..and now that I come to think of it , I miss playing with Gigant ,...
:lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 30 Dec 2019, 23:37 
Super User

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Firewall +
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 05
BH: Spinlab Vortex 2.3
Def-attack wrote:
The slowest now would be Vortex with 2.3 mm red sponge. In 1.2 mm it is slower than most antis. I guess that in 2.3 mm it is almost not playable. At least if you don't use a very fast blade.

In my experience, the 2.3 works fine with an ALL/ALL+ blade, does not need to be that fast. At least it is remarkably slower then the Joola Toni Hold 2,5mm, which I've played on the same blade (Neubauer Firewall +). Among the frictionless antis, it is definitely by far the slowest.