OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 16:30

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 01:59 
Super User

Blade: SOULSPIN DEFENSE
FH: Spinny stuff
BH: Spongeless reviled stuff
The people I play against always seem to prefer that I use ant-spin... because it's easier for them! For whatever reason, the returns appear to be more predictable and they make fewer errors.

When I play them using long pips (OX), their error rate goes shooting up and the balls cause much more of this mythical "disruption" effect!

Does anyone else find this to be the case?

For me, the only real benefit is on the serve return - where I can just hold the bat out there and soft block, no matter what the spin is, and the ball will at least land where I want it to on the table.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 03:53 
Super User

Blade: Hallmark Aurora
FH: Haifu Dolphin
BH: Pogo
I've only used the cheaper anti's but I have to agree they are not on same level for disruptive effect as long pips.

Still better than a fresh sheet of inverted for serve return but probably on par with a heavily used inverted as to insensitivity to spin.

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 11:00 
Super User

Last weekend I tried my friend's setup. He uses Inverted on FH and Yasaka Antipower on BH on a Stiga Allround Classic Carbon blade. It provided good control for placement and for blocking short. Kept a lot of balls on the table. Though it was not as disruptive as my OX LP, I still enjoyed playing effectively with it for short blocks and placement :D Disruption from frictionless anti is another matter which I will not dare to tread on... :!:

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 11:08 
Dark Knight
Dark Knight

Blade: Trinity Carbon
FH: Victas VS > 401
BH: Dr N Troublemaker OX
Yes, long pimples give you a lot more variation options in both pace and spin, by brushing the ball. Anti can certainly disrupt/control the pace, and it's easier to control (in general).

PostPosted: 23 Jun 2019, 22:45 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
skilless_slapper wrote:
The people I play against always seem to prefer that I use ant-spin... because it's easier for them! For whatever reason, the returns appear to be more predictable and they make fewer errors.

When I play them using long pips (OX), their error rate goes shooting up and the balls cause much more of this mythical "disruption" effect!

Does anyone else find this to be the case?

For me, the only real benefit is on the serve return - where I can just hold the bat out there and soft block, no matter what the spin is, and the ball will at least land where I want it to on the table.

For me the benefit is : serving short, low..... blocking short...... attack back spin or no spin with a low sinking ball ,...... very good weapon against other long pip players, especially during the rally,... of course, disruption is nearly null ..... :lol: