OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:37

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2019, 06:19 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
charmander defender wrote:
Attacking no spin balls excellent and safe

Char def, could you elaborate which technique or stroke you use to attack no spin balls? As you probably know, being able to attack no spin balls with frictionless anti would be the holy grail. I can do it with ABS2 using a MLN like counter stroke but it is not consistent enough that I use it much in actual match play.

@Char def and Def-attack: thanks for your recent reports on the ABS2 soft. I finally got mine coming but it might be a while until it gets here and I'll be able to test. I'll report back as soon as I have a first impression though.

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 23 Aug 2019, 23:04 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Matt Pimple wrote:
Attacking no spin balls excellent and safe

Char def, could you elaborate which technique or stroke you use to attack no spin balls? As you probably know, being able to attack no spin balls with frictionless anti would be the holy grail. I can do it with ABS2 using a MLN like counter stroke but it is not consistent enough that I use it much in actual match play.

@Char def and Def-attack: thanks for your recent reports on the ABS2 soft. I finally got mine coming but it might be a while until it gets here and I'll be able to test. I'll report back as soon as I have a first impression though.

mmm, Matt .... it depends on the kind of non spin ball : short,long,middle of the table or even to the FH side- if I decide to use the anti on the fh side .

The basics for me is to always hit the ball with a powerful short stroke forward - wrist stiff as hell -, hitting the ball on the highest point - never to let the ball fall - always looking for the corners or the body of the opponent so they have little time to react .If in the middle I sidewipe laterally forward or just push the ball a la Ronel Davidov :lol: if the ball is flying towards the centre - I mean your tummy or chest :lol: .

If on my Fh side I have 2 options : either sidewipe aggressively to their Fh side or I put the blade pointing downwards and push the ball down the line on to their Bh side -always performing short , quick strokes and a very stiff wrist .

In no spin LP rallies I am very comfortable and my chances of winning the point increase if I play with ABS 2 Soft . The chopping game against me is also great because the rubber attacks backspin really nicely and safely . It goes very well with my style . Definitely, ABS 2 Soft is great against LP, SP opponents . I found out Tm and DG work well on D. Carbon so I am testing them to see if I am more dangerous with them against loopers - in fact, I miss my LP game a little too :lol: -

I think it is possible to both use ABS 2 Soft and LP game depending on the opponent. Besides, I get the best of both worlds and I think I become a more versatile player .... well,... this weekend I will be playing in another summer tournament with REALLY very good players - sorry, this time I will not comment on their level because some people here use every opportunity to be so polite to me :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: 24 Aug 2019, 05:49 
Super User

A couple of recent videos of Carlos Mühlbach now also with ABS2 soft:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhkN1KPeMOg&feature=youtu.be
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y__zgirTbBY&feature=youtu.be

His FH isn't too bad either! I'm not sure if there is already a separate video thread for Carlos.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2019, 09:06 
Super User

I finally got the ABS2 soft 2.5 for testing. Char def was so nice to send me the ones he had tested for my test. Thank you so much Char def! :up: :)
Since we got a tournament coming up in a couple of weeks, I'm not sure I'll actually test before the tournament but I'll definitely report back here as soon as I get a chance to test.

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2019, 01:31 
Super User

Matt Pimple wrote:
I finally got the ABS2 soft 2.5 for testing. Char def was so nice to send me the ones he had tested for my test. Thank you so much Char def! :up: :)
Since we got a tournament coming up in a couple of weeks, I'm not sure I'll actually test before the tournament but I'll definitely report back here as soon as I get a chance to test.

I am sure you will like ABS 2 Soft . Good luck in your tournament !! . :)

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 21:07 

Blade: Palio Tct
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 soft (Max)
BH: Nittaku Best Anti (1.3mm)
I like to try this Abs2 soft. I have now two test blade. Joola toni hold white spot and Spinlord ultra balsa V.

I never tried the Toni hold with anti. This blade soft and slow. The Spinlord fast with balsa and carbon.

What you think guys which is the better choice?

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 21:45 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Gery06 wrote:
I like to try this Abs2 soft. I have now two test blade. Joola toni hold white spot and Spinlord ultra balsa V.

I never tried the Toni hold with anti. This blade soft and slow. The Spinlord fast with balsa and carbon.

What you think guys which is the better choice?
Start with the fast one, ABS is a very slow rubber.

Skickat från min Mi A2 Lite via Tapatalk

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2019, 22:21 

Blade: Palio Tct
FH: Yasaka Rakza 7 soft (Max)
BH: Nittaku Best Anti (1.3mm)
Ok! I start with the fast one.

I know the Joola toni hold made for anti but i think only good for the non frictionless like Yasaka power anti or butterfly superanti

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2019, 02:42 
Super User

I tested the ABS2 soft in 2.5mm yesterday...and didn't like it. It feels more lively, bouncy and faster than the regular ABS2 2.5mm and it doesn't seem to work for me. I tested it on the same blade and with the same forehand rubber as my regular set-up and at the end of the session I switched to the ABS2 and it felt much better. It was much more difficult for me to block balls short with the ABS2 soft though I really liked how easy it was to counter no-spin balls. However in actual match play it is much more important for me and my style to be able to block short so that was the deal breaker for me. I will give it another go this week to make sure it wasn't just a bad day but it looks like right now that I will stick with ABS2.

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2019, 09:51 
Super User

Matt Pimple wrote:
I tested the ABS2 soft in 2.5mm yesterday...and didn't like it. It feels more lively, bouncy and faster than the regular ABS2 2.5mm and it doesn't seem to work for me. I tested it on the same blade and with the same forehand rubber as my regular set-up and at the end of the session I switched to the ABS2 and it felt much better. It was much more difficult for me to block balls short with the BAS2 soft though I really liked how easy it was to counter no-spin balls. However in actual match play it is much more important for me and my style to be able to block short so that was the deal breaker for me. I will give it another go this week to make sure it wasn't just a bad day but it looks like right now that I will stick with ABS2.

Hey, Matt!! what about attacking backspin?? When I tested the rubber it worked great!! .Maybe you need more time to adjust to it 8) . One session may not be enough :^)

Good luck anyway !! :rock:

PostPosted: 09 Oct 2019, 08:29 
Super User

Hey, Matt!! what about attacking backspin?? When I tested the rubber it worked great!! .Maybe you need more time to adjust to it 8) . One session may not be enough :^)

Good luck anyway !! :rock:

I don't know about attacking backspin...apparently I didn't do too much of that. :?: Like I said I need to give it another go but I believe the slower more dead regular ABS2 works better for my style.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2021, 22:19 
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet
Ninja of the Holy Chtchet

Blade: Koji Matsushita
FH: Tibhar MX-S Max
BH: Yasaka Rising Dragon 2.0
Hello all, I was finally able to try this out for the first time and actually liked it a lot!

However, my training partner reported to me that there was very little passive reversal. All blocks went back dead. Everything I read was that it gave great passive spin reversal with a still hand, and that active chop blocks tend to elicit a dead ball. I had the opposite impression tonight. I LOVED the control and the feel compared to other stiffer antis like transformer.

Caveat: it was an old wrinkled sheet that a previous owner gifted to me, so I suspect it needs to be cleaned. Also the wrinkles.

Thoughts? Will a new sheet be completely different?

Projects: Player Equipment Grid
Comprehensive Thin Inverted Chopping Rubbers Grid ⇝ Please send me corrections or new submissions

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2021, 08:44 

Hi I just ordered ABS 2 soft 2.15. The question is which blade would it shine better and how is its gluing process?

I've got Chen Weixing blade, deluxe carbon, barricade def, grubba variant all- at home.
Planning to put this on Chen Weixing blade and compare its game to super stop 1.9

My question is how easy and safe to stick and unstick this anti from blade?
And what do I pay attention to?

As you may know, DMS anti's sponges are very fragile and you may easily ruin the rubber when removing it.
I think I read somewhere that Dr. N's antis are not like DMS's in terms of blade removal.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2021, 22:06 

Blade: Donic Appelgreen Senso V2
FH: Donic P1 turbo
BH: L. P.
Hi folks,

would the the DONIC blade Appelgreen SENSO V2 a good blade to pair it with ABS 2 soft?

Best regards

Style: something like Fabian AKerstrom

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2021, 23:57 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
KindButcher, definitely go with the Deluxe Carbon. It's an excellent blade for any frictionless anti. Jedy, I am not familiar with that blade. Just ensure whatever blade you use is stiff. Defensive or even All- would not be good. A still Off- is really good.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5