OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 17:22

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 05:48 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Today I tried lots of blades with Störkraft and SuperGlanti. To my surprise the carbon blades kind of killed the spin in most cases. I tried Palio Conqueror, TC7, TS3 and Galaxy T1s along with an old Stiga Clipper CR WRB and a Bty Petr Korbel (Gionis blade). Both Clipper and Korbel made blocked balls go low and controlled with lots of spin. The other ones may have kept the ball low but most of the spin was killed. Clipper was the best I think. But it is too slow for a 1.6 mm Störkraft. And too fast for 0.8 mm (we had no 1.2). I also tried Stiga Carbonado 190 and 90 but they were not as good as Clipper. 190 was really bad, almost no spin on blocks. This is relally odd...

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 17:15 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
Very interesting indeed !
Petr Korbel composition: limba - limba - ayous - limba - limba
Stiga Clipper composition: limba - ayous - ayous - ayous - ayous - ayous - limba

So both of this blades have a soft outer ply which in theory would be bad with glanti... but you said it wasn't the case... I guess we were wrong from the beginning then (hard blade = good spin reversal and soft blade = bad spin reversal) ? It's so weird :(

Sometime during this summer I will try a Xiom Icecream azx (koto -alc - limba - kiri - limba - zlc - koto) with the glanti on the zlc side and a Siam custom blade (zebrawood - limba - limba - kurchi - limba - glass fiber - makore) with the glanti on the makore side.

The Icecream is a stiff blade with relatively hard outer plies, zlc has also a low throw compared to alc. The Siam blade is very very hard, and the glass fiber has a very low throw (perhaps the lowest throw for a composite material). We will see what happen with those...

I will try them with a Super glanti 1.6mm and a Störkraft 1.2mm (I couldn't decide so I bought both lol)

BH - Slick antispin

Last edited by Rinforzando on 02 Jul 2020, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 30 Jun 2020, 21:38 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
Very interesting indeed !
Petr Korbel composition: limba - limba - ayous - limba - limba
Stiga Clipper composition: limba - ayous - ayous - ayous - ayous - ayous - limba

So both of this blades have a soft outer ply which in theory would be bad with glanti... but you said it wasn't the case... I guess we were wrong from the beginning then (hard blade = good spin reversal and soft blade = bad spin reversal) ? It's so weird :(

Sometimes during this summer I will try a Xiom Icecream azx (koto -alc - limba - kiri - limba - zlc - koto) with the glanti on the zlc side and a Siam custom blade (zebrawood - limba - limba - kurchi - limba - glass fiber - makore) with the glanti on the makore side.

The Icecream is a stiff blade with relatively hard outer plies, zlc has also a low throw compared to alc. The Siam blade is very very hard, and the glass fiber has a very low throw (perhaps the lowest throw for a composite material). We will see what happen with those...

I will try them with a Super glanti 1.6mm and a Störkraft 1.2mm (I couldn't decide so I bought both lol)
For now I think the best blade is stiff (not flexy or bendable) but not very hard (outer layer should have some dampening). This site is a true gold mine:
https://ttgearlab.com/2018/05/29/stiga- ... -test/amp/

Here you can see the characteristics of Clipper CR and Korbel along with others. I also tried a Jun Mizutani briefly yesterday. Stiff and not very fast, nice feeling and good blocks but not spectacular in any way.

DHS Long 3 is a 7 ply blade that probably would be great. But super expensive.

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2020, 05:53 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Well.... Not sure about anything anymore... Tried Clipper again and it worked nice with 1.2 mm but s tad too fast. And too little spin. So back to carbon blades. Tried Palio V1 today, promising...

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2020, 15:04 
Super User

Is the Störkraft 1.2 working fine on something (good spin reversal I mean) ? It seems that the 1.2 version doesn't provide much spin reversal no matter which blade you use. I remember you said it had less spin reversal than 1.6 on a Palio TS3. I hope it will work good on my Icecream

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2020, 16:26 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
Is the Störkraft 1.2 working fine on something (good spin reversal I mean) ? It seems that the 1.2 version doesn't provide much spin reversal no matter which blade you use. I remember you said it had less spin reversal than 1.6 on a Palio TS3. I hope it will work good on my Icecream
I have not found a good blade for 1.2 Störkraft yet. But I have not tried 1.2 on many blades (I don't have a 1.2 anymore, but I will try to get one soon).

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 21:24 
Super User

Blade: Victas Matsushita
FH: Joola Dynaryz ZGR
BH: Tibhar Grass DTecS
Hi Guys,

Would a TSP Balsa 5.5 work with Neubauer ABS2 ?
Do I need a reverse rubber for the forehand or would spinny short pips do the trick?

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 05 Jul 2020, 22:54 
Super User

Balsa is a bad idea for glanti.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2020, 08:15 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
Balsa is a bad idea for glanti.
Mostly, yes. But Wizard fire of DMS and Matador texa balsa, and TSP 2.5 balsa def fitter are some bals blades that work.

PostPosted: 11 Jul 2020, 08:18 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Def-attack wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
I have not found a good blade for 1.2 Störkraft yet. But I have not tried 1.2 on many blades (I don't have a 1.2 anymore, but I will try to get one soon).
After lots of tests Stiga Clipper wood (no WRB or CR) works great with 1.2 mm Störkraft, although a little fast. Palio V1 is also good, a little more controlled. I guess any rigid 7 layer wood with a rather soft outer ply works.

PostPosted: 12 Jul 2020, 04:56 
Super User

Thanks for your suggestions guys.
I went with Dr N Matador TEXA with ABS 2 in the end. Here’s hoping.
Bulldog

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2020, 20:34 

I just ordered the Matador, will pair it with Scandal 0.9. Thanks everyone for your input!

Tibhar Genshu L Xiom Vega Pro 1.8 Tibhar Grass D.TecS 0.5
Stiga Clipper Cybershape 729 Bluesponge 1.8 Spinlord Blitzschlag OX

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2020, 07:03 
Super User

Hi Guys,
The Matador Texa is working well.
Moving on to experiment with a sheet of ABS 2 EVO on my Dr Neubauer Hercules blade.
Bulldog.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2020, 01:44 
Super User

Had a first knock with A-B-S 2 Evo in red 1.8 this morning on the Hercules. Incredible control for backhand blocking with the Anti.
I need to put a new rubber on the forehand side. The blade is best for disruptive play at the table so I need something to block and smash but which provides a contrast with the Anti.

I can recommend the Hercules for secure blocking with the Evo.

Bulldog.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2020, 03:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Bulldog wrote:
Had a first knock with A-B-S 2 Evo in red 1.8 this morning on the Hercules. Incredible control for backhand blocking with the Anti.
I need to put a new rubber on the forehand side. The blade is best for disruptive play at the table so I need something to block and smash but which provides a contrast with the Anti.

I can recommend the Hercules for secure blocking with the Evo.

Bulldog.

Good stuff.There are many times when you get the perfect blade and b/h rubber only to find that the f/h is off.
can you chop with the abs or is it mainly for blocking

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next