OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 23:17

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 15 Feb 2020, 20:12 

Blade: Jsh
FH: Rakza7 2.0
BH: Jengking
Thanks for all of your inputs.
My first anti is definitely saved from getting ruined.

One more inquiry.
I forgot that i have a yinhe t1s a schlager copy. Which do you think would fit it best tb alc or t1s?

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2020, 21:08 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Yes, sealing cannmake the blade a little faster and also make the dwell time shorter, depending on the hardness of the outer layer.

If you use lp on BH you may like BH side slower. But most modern antis are so slow that you don't need a slower BH side. The extra sealing makes the anti come off more easy, it shortens the dwell time and enhances the spin reversal a little.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2020, 09:52 

Do you think yinhe t1s would fit an anti? It’s a schlager carbon copy. Hinoki-carbon-kiri 5ply.
If you only have tb alc and yinhe t1s which one would it be for anti?

PostPosted: 18 Feb 2020, 13:53 

What can you say about Yinhe T1s (a schlager carbon copy - hinoki - carbon - kiri plies) vs TB ALC? Which one would you prefer?

PostPosted: 21 Feb 2020, 14:13 

My Matador came apart in two pieces (core on one side) after one use, never seen anything like it. Bad factory plies glue job. I was able to get the ABS2S off without destroying it thankfully. Think I wouldn't mind something faster anyway. Still intrigued by ZLC after seeing that Sriram uses Innerforce ZLC (surprising because it is relatively not as hard so he must like it for FH) and Batra (LP, but still) uses Timo Boll ZLC (apparently definitely hard and stiff). The latter and Zhang Jike ZLC (no interest in crazy Super version) are both koto outer (harder). Too much money to gamble on though and I wonder how some of that other stuff like Deluxe Carbon compares. Still injured and unable to really play for awhile anyway so just reading and plotting from the sidelines.

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2020, 06:54 
Super User

Blade: OSP Ultimate
FH: DrN Dominance Spin Hard
BH: DrN Troublemaker 0.5
Eric Fountain wrote:
My Matador came apart in two pieces (core on one side) after one use, never seen anything like it.

Then you should let the Doc know or wherever you bought the blade.
Eric Fountain wrote:
Think I wouldn't mind something faster anyway.

Then why don't you try the Matador Texa? It the Matador plus some sort of a carbon fiber (texalium maybe?). It's probably less than half the price of some of the BTY bladed you were looking at.

PostPosted: 25 May 2020, 17:28 

Has anyone tried a blade with a zebra wood or rosewood outer ply with frictionless antis? I’m used to playing with oversized defensive blades and I’m interested in trying one of Zeropong’s oversized specialty blades, $27.50 each:

https://www.zeropong.com/wood-blades-sh ... 62f7aepea0

I have a Defplay and a Barricade also, but based on the responses here it looks like those aren’t good options. I was hoping for something oversized, slow, and not too heavy to pair with DMS Scandal 0.9...if that exists and isn’t too expensive. May be a tall order tho :lol:

Tibhar Genshu L Xiom Vega Pro 1.8 Tibhar Grass D.TecS 0.5
Stiga Clipper Cybershape Yasaka Rakza 7 1.8 Spinlord Blitzschlag OX

PostPosted: 25 May 2020, 21:13 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
Well, I don't think it is a good idea to play glanti on a defensive blade, even if the outter plies are hard. It will be too slow...
fyi, zebrawood and rosewood are very similar. They are a bit harder than walnut wich is a good thing for glanti, but they are also more elastic than walnut and some people may not like that.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2020, 04:45 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Definitely don't use the Defplay. I loved the Defplay with pips. But with the frictionless anti it was terrible. You don't have to worry about a slow blade. You want something harder and faster. I know, it seems counter intuitive. But it's true. I settled on the Dr. Neubauer Matador and get a very good effect from it. And, it's helped to give me a more powerful forehand too.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2020, 06:19 

TY Dwruck. I have given this a bit more consideration; here’s my updated wish list (full ej nerdiness on display ;) ) I’m strongly considering the highlighted options, with Neottec Kanji Def being my #1 choice. That route (oversized stiff ALL blade) would be closest to my comfort level, since I’m used to the Defplay. I’d likely pair the Kanji with Scandal or Störkraft in the thinnest sponge. I like Palio Way 005 (walnut outer) & Sanwei Dynamo (wenge outer) but concerned that they may be too fast, and I’d likely need a thicker anti sponge. Thoughts? (And for reference I’m only ~900 USATT currently :lol: )

Attachments:
D28042E6-7C53-4303-BAC4-549362257DF0.jpeg
D28042E6-7C53-4303-BAC4-549362257DF0.jpeg [ 758.83 KiB | Viewed 3767 times ]

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2020, 18:53 
Super User

The Kanji will be too slow imo. Also you want a hard outer ply to reduce the dwell time. Limba is bad combined with a slick anti.... If you still want a soft all blade for fh, well you should go for a combi blade, like the Osp Immune Pushblocker. Very good control !

P.S: it is the blade I'm currently using

Edit: Are you a cpen player ? Anti + cpen = bad idea

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2020, 20:27 

Hmmm...I was hoping the Kanji blade’s thickness, the koto under the outer layer, and a + review ab Kanji’s stiffness would make it a good candidate :/ The OSP blade is intriguing, it would check all my boxes, except the price :headbang: I have been strongly considering dwruck’s and Luka’s blade, the Matador, also. Dr. N and DMS really market how their blades are “disruptive;” at the same time, they seem secretive ab their blades’ compositions. Do you think the extra cost is justified vs. the Sanwei, Yinhe, or Palio blades, or even something like the Yasaka Ma Lin Extra Offensive?

Yes, I am a penhold player. I twiddle after serving typically, and occasionally during rallies. I played traditional 1-sided jpen for 4 yrs before switching to a Defplay a year ago, and modified the handle to a narrow jpen grip I could twiddle. My favorite player whose style I try to emulate is Kento Nomura, a Dutch amateur penholder who twiddles btwn inverted and LP OX. Please explain...why do you feel anti would be bad in my case?

Also, do you have the largest (163 x 159) Immune OX pushblocker blade? What is the blade’s weight by itself and with your current setup? Thanks

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2020, 07:10 
Super User

Forgot to mention that I'm in fact using a custom Pushblocker with an inner carbon layer for the forehand for more power. I use also the smallest one (157*150)
Current set up weight: 150gr
Pusblocker composition: Limba-Mahogany-Samba-Limba-Mahogany
Also why does it cost so much on your sheet? Because of the shipping ? Only 117€ at OSP website. I believe you can even ask tt11 to order it for you and save shipping...
It is a handcrafted blade, and the quality is amazing. I have also a Xiom Ice Cream AZX, which is a very nice finished blade, but it isn't on the same level as the OSP one...

Matador composition: Walnut - Ayous - Ayous - Ayous - Ayous- Ayous - Walnut (from Matt Pimple post) But it doesn't seem there is only ayous under the walnut... Perhaps a combination of limba and ayous ?

It really depends on what you want for you forehand. Limba allows a high trow angle, with more dwell time and a lil' bit more spin and hard outer plies allow a more direct touch with a medium-low throw angle and a better ability to block. If you like hard outer plies for fh, then it isn't necessary to buy a combi blade. Just go for the Matador, wich is a very nice blade.

Nomura really has a one of a kind playstyle. Very impressive, but so much work... It is "bad" because you will need a ton of work to get a decent level with this playstyle. You will also need a strong backhand to avoid being locked with you anti on your forehand.

BH - Slick antispin

Last edited by Rinforzando on 27 Jun 2020, 03:11, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2020, 19:11 

Thank you for the detailed explanations. I am strongly considering the Immune OX Pushblock blade now. If choosing that (or the Matador), which anti thicknesses would you select for either Scandal or Störkraft? Is there much difference in spin reversal or the ability to push aggressively when comparing the sponge thicknesses?

I did reach out to TT11 and unfortunately they can’t supply the OSP blade, so I’d be ordering from OSP directly, $153 USD at the current rate...so I’ll justify that as a birthday gift to myself :party: As a side note, I asked about Störkraft and they said they should be stocking it in about 10 days, ~ 7/5/20.

I will persevere with the anti. I don’t have lofty rating goals—maybe if I had discovered table tennis earlier before life and family took over! But I will heed your advice and focus on improving my backhand. Thanks!

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2020, 03:09 
Super User

Never played the Störkraft (but on the promo video, the 0.8mm version seems to be at least as slow as the Scandal in 0.9mm) so I can't compare. The Scandal in 0.9mm is fine on the Pushblocker and the Matador. You can also try the Super Glanti which is a very good slick anti. More spin reversal than the Scandal, lower throw and same control. 0.8mm is a lil' bit fast on the Pushblocker/matador, so I'd suggest the 1.2mm version.

BH - Slick antispin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!