OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 20:53

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: 04 May 2022, 06:57 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
I found something really interesting today. Stiffness seems to be more important than hardness. I remembered when Def-attack said that the Stiga Clipper was a good blade for glanti. I was shocked because it has a soft outer ply (limba) but the blade is stiff. At that time I thought you need to have the hardest outer ply to have great spin reversal and deception. I was wrong.

I played with a custom blade (OSP Martin AC but ~0.3mm thicker than the original one to improve stiffness), outer ply is soft (Limba) with aramid carbon just under the top ply. Glued to it was a DMS Störkraft 0.8mm.
Very very low trajectory with a clean and direct feeling. Straight arc, no curb at all with a lot of sinking effect. It was like Barna Triumph but even more extreme. Spin reversal was even better.
The control was the same if not better. Yes it is fast. But the touch is direct so I know exactly what I'm doing, and when blocking, the soft outer ply helps a lot (dampening effect).

On the forehand, it was hell of a difference compared to Barna Triumph. I must admit despite the fact Barna Triumph is one of the best blade for glanti, it's one of the worst blade for looping. Perfect for short pips on forehand.
The Martin AC is very good for looping, feeling was great, not like the Barna Triumph. A Bluegrip C2 was glued to it, but I suspect heavy and hard chinese rubber would even be better.

This is my blade for the end of the season ! I tested a lot of different blade this year, from very hard but flexible (Nittaku Goriki Danshi (7 walnut plies, 5mm thickness)) to hard and very stiff (Barna Triumph) and the best deception and spin reversal was achieved with my new OSP Martin AC custom.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 06 May 2022, 00:49 

Blade: Nittaku Acoustic
FH: Tuttle President G20
BH: DHS Skyline 3-60
Hi everyone,

I'm kinda new on the forum and in the anti's world in general (About 1 month of experience playing with NBA).

I would like to know which handle suits you better for your anti plays, but also which one you feel more confortable with when twiddling.
I currently play with a straight handle blade and I have found myself having a bad grip after twiddling, but that may be because of the lack of experience in this area.

PostPosted: 02 Mar 2023, 21:09 

Blade: Andro Ligna All
FH: XIOM Omega VII
BH: Frictionless Anti
Pip slap wrote:
TY Dwruck. I have given this a bit more consideration; here’s my updated wish list (full ej nerdiness on display ;) ) I’m strongly considering the highlighted options, with Neottec Kanji Def being my #1 choice. That route (oversized stiff ALL blade) would be closest to my comfort level, since I’m used to the Defplay. I’d likely pair the Kanji with Scandal or Störkraft in the thinnest sponge. I like Palio Way 005 (walnut outer) & Sanwei Dynamo (wenge outer) but concerned that they may be too fast, and I’d likely need a thicker anti sponge. Thoughts? (And for reference I’m only ~900 USATT currently :lol: )

Although a long time has passed since this, I would like to share my experience. I've used Kanji DEF with Storkraft and can confirm that it generates a huge reversal. The speed for the forehand attack is more than enough. To me, it was one of the best blades I ever had in terms of attack and control. The only reason that I'm not using it right now is that I needed a lighter combination. The total weight with Donic Bluefire M1 on the forehand was 172 grams.

I've also used Timo Boll CAF (with ABS 2 EVO + Evolution ELS; 152 grams) and Bloodhound (with ABS 2 PRO + Bluegrip S1; 147 grams), and I can say that both combinations produced a high level of reversal.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2023, 17:05 

Thank you Tohid—this is valuable input and I enjoyed your video. Definitely sounds like the Kanji is too heavy for me personally. Having a traditional penhold (1 rubber) setup for a long time, I’ve become very fond of lightweight setups, and started playing around with LPs because they provided some deception and variation to my game while adding very little weight—I just needed to learn how to twiddle!

With that “requirement” in mind, I have found my T-11s setup to be very good: thin inverted rubber XVP 1.8 + Störkraft 1.6, 138g total, blade only 64g. Probably better for hitters as I do not loop much. I felt my 76g Matador is also great for anti and LPs yielded a setup of about 150g with Scandal 0.9; that is about the heaviest I feel comfortable with! My primary setups these days are with LPs on my insanely light Barricade blades, usually 120g or less :D

Tibhar Genshu L Xiom Vega Pro 1.8 Tibhar Grass D.TecS 0.5
Stiga Clipper Cybershape Yasaka Rakza 7 1.8 Spinlord Blitzschlag OX

Last edited by Pip slap on 05 Mar 2023, 17:23, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 05 Mar 2023, 17:14 

I should add also that in good conscience I can no longer recommend the Magic Wall blade mentioned earlier in this thread. I loved the feel, large size, and light weight of the two I had, but both broke, very brittle in my experience :n: I have never broken any other blades. I have moved on, just wasn’t meant to be.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2023, 03:51 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Dms The Wall carbon might be a good option.Extra stiffness due to the carbon plies.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2023, 12:46 

Hello!

Any recommendations for a "light" blade that works well with frictionless anti? Anything less than 80g? Thanks!

PostPosted: 26 Jul 2023, 00:42 

Yinhe T11s: 64g and seems like pretty good reversal with Störkraft 1.6 (though I’d rec 1.2, as I think most would find 1.6 too slow for this blade)

DMS Trouble: 66g (balsa core, but I recall Michael Tsai recommends)

Barna Winner: 75g

Dr. N Matador: 76g (I requested a light one at the time of order)

Yinhe T-2s (78g, lighter version of T-1s so it should be good, but haven’t tried it)

DMS Deluxe Carbon: 80 g

*Disclaimer: I play penhold, so my blades may be a few grams lighter than the shakehand versions

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7