OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 19:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 15:12 

Blade: Matador
FH: Spinfire 2.1, Black
BH: Diabolic Special 1.0, Red
I have been playing with Best Anti for over a year, and while initially I wanted to use it for chopping, I found it was quite good as an attack rubber. Good for hitting incoming pushes and chops, good for attacking serves, and good for basic counter driving. I use it primarily on the backhand, with spinny inverted on the forehand, but have been toying with the idea of trying anti on both sides and attacking as much as possible. I have known and seen several folks who chop with anti on both sides, but not aware of any that attack. Certainly at an advanced level this will fail, as too much incoming speed and spin will overwhelm the anti, but I thought it might be fun to try.

Any one with experience with this set-up and tactic?

PostPosted: 03 Jan 2020, 20:11 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
i use the thick best anti on the b/h and usually chop.i have tried it on the f.h but you cant really loop or flat hit.you have to f/h chop really.as u say a load of double anti players chop on both wings at a decent level.if you are attacking b/h i am assuming that you use the thin best anti?
By all means try attacking with the f/h but its difficult using anti.best to learn to twiddle quick so you can play the odd twiddled anti f/h

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2020, 00:58 

Blade: Matador
FH: Spinfire 2.1, Black
BH: Diabolic Special 1.0, Red
Peter,

I use 1.9 sponge with best anti. I do twiddle, but only occasionally to hit with the anti. When I do, I find it similar to hitting with hardbat, and often produces weak returns as the opponent is expecting more spin. My main hesitation is losing spinny serves, which I use a lot.

PostPosted: 04 Jan 2020, 01:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
allencorn wrote:
Peter,

I use 1.9 sponge with best anti. I do twiddle, but only occasionally to hit with the anti. When I do, I find it similar to hitting with hardbat, and often produces weak returns as the opponent is expecting more spin. My main hesitation is losing spinny serves, which I use a lot.

Its worth a try by allmeans.
ive tried everything-double anti.anti and l/p on the same bat .
everything is a trade off.
im playing in 4 first divisions now and have had to change my game and chop more with a faster blade.
blocking off the bounce was my game but better players just hit through the return.
one of my friends plays the best anti 1.2 on a fast blade and hits.he plays well with this set up.
what blade do you use?

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2020, 12:09 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: 729 HS Champion carbon
FH: Razka X max, black
BH: SavigaV LP 1.0 red/green
two winged attacking with anti sounds like race-walking (or fighting with a hand behind your back)

i cannot see how this could be effective. You may win the first 5 points, but it should not take long to figure that your attack has no punch to it.

PostPosted: 08 Jan 2020, 17:33 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
There was a former Chinese national team member living in France named Lin Zhi Gang who I think used the Friendship 804 anti on both sides. We used to have links to a website featuring many of his matches, but the site went out of business. :(

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 03:28 
Goes to 11
Goes to 11

vanjr wrote:
two winged attacking with anti sounds like race-walking (or fighting with a hand behind your back)

i cannot see how this could be effective. You may win the first 5 points, but it should not take long to figure that your attack has no punch to it.

Not on both sides, but.. supposing you can twiddle REALLY QUICKLY? :lol: Heck, you could be a two winged looper with long pips on one side..

I suppose modern Antis (like Butterfly Super Anti) were designed to have some attacking ability. The old ones (Butterfly Sriver Killer) wouldn't work - those things were just plain DEAD.

Iskandar

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 05:00 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
I did use anti + pips for one season straight.I enjoyed this setup a lot but there comes a level when you need variety in spin with unpredictable twiddling.Also, your fh topspin disappears for good :( .

Serves should have variety too.With double anti you will be even more predictable in your game and the opponent will adapt pretty soon .

At the time I tested BTY superanti in 1.9 and Gigant 1.2.I like the anti play, the short blocks but very soon I realized this strategy leads nowhere after a certain level. For recreational tt??? fantastic !!! to compete at a decent level it is a very predictable setup .

In my region nobody plays with double anti.... been to a major tournament, nobody played with double anti,.... even the old, old veterans here do not play with double anti .

PostPosted: 14 Jan 2020, 07:14 
Modern Chiseler.
Modern Chiseler.

Blade: WRM Gokushu2
FH: S&T Secret Flow 1mm
BH: S&T Monkey ox
I remember a guy with Butterfly Super Anti on both sides of a Neubauer Firewall Plus who would bump until he got one to hit. There were a few YouTube videos. Played about 1800 level or so.

The MNNB Blog has had some pretty amazing stuff lately. Just click this text to check it out.
| My OOAK Interview
Table Tennis Video Links: itTV | laola1.tv | ttbl | fftt | Challenger Series | mnnb-tv

My whole set-up costs less than a sheet of Butterfly Dignics