OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:29

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 03 Mar 2022, 00:29 

Excellent points Darth Pips as always. Thank you for sharing your views.

I haven't tried storkraft. I should have tried it before switching to LP ( Curl 1.5mm ).
I've heard a lot of great things about this special rubber. (I even have a deluxe carbon at home sitting and collecting dust. )

As to FH, there is no one who knows it better than me that without an FH you are simply waiting for your prayers to be answered. ( that is waiting for your opponent to make a mistake ). :)

Experienced players adjust quickly.
I played this friendly game just yesterday
https://youtu.be/x7Y4jIMx170?t=43 ( This is one of my countless examples of how I play wrong by not engaging FH )

I have CURL 1.5mm on VKMO on my backhand. You can see that my FH percentage is probably 2-3%.
In the first few sets, I scored 2 sets back to back, and then the rest was a massacre including 11-0!

I keep on chopping mostly from BH (short/long/left/right) but almost never engage my FH out of fear that my first FH attempt will fly away and finish the rally against me.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2022, 02:30 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Thanks for sharing the video. As the title says, it was a great angle.
My first note, if you do decide to try the anti, you will have a number of adjustments to make. Just be aware of that. You will have to stay at the table and not brush the ball with the backhand. This will also affect your forehand. You have what looks like a very good forehand chop. Staying closer to the table to use the anti, you will lose that and will need to do a lot more blocking against loop.
It's pretty clear the point at which he adjusts to you. He stops attacking many balls and just plays more conservative, waiting to attack on easier shots. He pushes more of your chops until he gets a dead ball that he can smash or loop hard.
Your "A" strategy vs his "A" strategy, you were winning. But when he went to "plan B", you didn't adjust. You got him away from playing what he wanted to do, but then once you got him playing softer shots you didn't take advantage. Having played pips for many years, I totally can relate to that problem, as I have done the same too much to remember. Even so, when you pushed forehand to forehand you were still ok. Where I think you really got into trouble is when he would push to your forehand and you would slide over and use your backhand pips. The ball looked like it generally went back to him with not a lot of spin on it, as expected, and then you were out of position and he'd hit an attack to your backhand. At this point, you are both out of position and he's able to hit a harder shot, so you lost a lot of points on those exchanges. My advice would be, in those type of situations where someone just keeps giving you dead or pushed balls to your forehand, you have two better choices. One would be to continue to be patient and push with them. Move the ball around and try to work the point to your advantage. The other option, look to attack one of those. Even if you miss an attack, if you can land one or two, they will stop doing that.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2022, 02:54 

What a beautiful analysis is this! Thank you so much for all of your time. I will read it multiple times till I completely digest it.

You read what's going on tons better than myself on my own game.
And next time I play against Senel Karahan (with your resolutions attempted), I will record it and share it again to see how much of it I will be able to adapt.

PostPosted: 03 Mar 2022, 05:01 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Hope it helps. It's often easier to watch an analyze someone else's play than my own.

PostPosted: 06 Mar 2022, 22:04 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Played a match today, superglanti 1.6 on Palio TCT:
https://youtu.be/S_pYX6G8Znw

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2022, 04:33 

I watched video and saw pretty high throw angle on blocks and few offensive strokes. It's a problem of the rubber/setup? I'd like to understand because i wanted give it a try but Storkraft seem better.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2022, 04:52 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

gepi1993 wrote:
I watched video and saw pretty high throw angle on blocks and zero offensive strokes. It's a problem of the rubber/setup? I'd like to understand because i wanted give it a try but Storkraft seem better.
High blocks.comes from me being rusty using anti and this style of playing (and my opponent has really spinny loops and is used to my game). And offensives strokes is easier with Störkraft but your opponent will not have any problems with them. Placing the ball well is more important.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2022, 05:08 

Def-attack wrote:
gepi1993 wrote:
I watched video and saw pretty high throw angle on blocks and zero offensive strokes. It's a problem of the rubber/setup? I'd like to understand because i wanted give it a try but Storkraft seem better.
High blocks.comes from me being rusty using anti and this style of playing (and my opponent has really spinny loops and is used to my game). And offensives strokes is easier with Störkraft but your opponent will not have any problems with them. Placing the ball well is more important.

Ok thanks for feedback :).
I don't agree about off strokes. I found them very effective because unexpected from a frictionless anti. In championship and tournament matches this year 99% of my opponents (also much higher level) lost 1 or 2 sets (or all the game if they fully don't know antispin) just to understand how to answer to my flanti attacks. I think these strokes are crazy effectively becuase if oppo block the ball go high or into the net, if he attack he must be very good becuase the correct answer is a counter tospin to dead balls with random strange spins (it depend if the attacked ball was spinned or not).
Give it a chance, when you become consistent it make difference, specialy if you don't have a super quality forehand like Aschi. Trust me.

Ps. Before learn to attack with anti i was about 5000 on my country classification sistem, now i'm 3700.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

Last edited by gepi1993 on 07 Mar 2022, 07:54, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2022, 05:43 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

gepi1993 wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
gepi1993 wrote:

Ok thanks for feedback :).
I don't agree about off strokes. I found them very effective becuase unexpected from a frictionless anti. In championship and tournament matches this year 99% of my opponents (also much higher level) lost 1 or 2 sets (or all the game if they fully don't know antispin) just to understand how to answer to my flanti attacks. I think these strokes are crazy effectively becuase if oppo block the ball go high or into the net, if he attack he must be very good becuase the correct answer is a counter tospin to dead balls with random strange spins (it depend if the attacked ball was spinned or not).
Give it a chance, when you become consistent it make difference, specialy if you don't have a super quality forehand like Aschi. Trust me.

Ps. Before learn to attack with anti i was about 5000 on my country classification sistem, now i'm 3700.
Well, if you are sure that it is back spin comming towards your BH you should attack that ball with force, either with an aggressive push or with a more normal stroke, lika i lift or a flip (lime with short pimples). But if your opponnet uses lots of top spin, your block will generate heavy back spin, and then your opponent has trouble pushing it back (the amount of back spin makes it go to the net or past the table). So the opponent can only hold up the blade very lightly in the right angle and then let the spin do the job. So the ball comming back to me from such a light touch, is it back spin? Or top spin? Or perhaps no spin? Hard to say, it depends on the amount of spin left in the ball after the block, opponents touch and the speed of the ball. Look at 23:22 where he kind of pushes but it is almost top spin comming back to me. This is why I hesitate to go in hard on those returns, I do not always know what spin it carries. And if it has top spin or no spin a hard attack will most likely go long. But with time there will be more attacks against such pushes.

Look at 18:02. That aggressive push against back spin is as effective as a lift, but the stroke can be performed with much less preperation, and faster. I don't need a back swing.

Also, look at 21:31, a more offensive stroke in such situations would not be better. Varying in depth is very important, especially if opponent (like mine) is a little lazy in footwork back to the table after he has been backing away a bit.

PostPosted: 07 Mar 2022, 23:03 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I have also had good success with hitting against back spin with the Storkraft. And it doesn't need to be a "hard" hit. The heavier the back spin that comes to you, the better. Because much like the anti will give significant back spin when blocking against a loop, it will also give some pretty good top spin when returning a heavy push. The effective part is that the ball looks like it will be very slow and dead coming to the opponent, but when it hits the table, it has a surprising "kick" to it that catches many people off guard. I've had a number of people I play regularly comment on how well that works. You will never overpower anybody with the attack; don't think about it as trying to hit the ball hard and get it past them. Think about reversing that back spin and putting it in an uncomfortable spot and the results will be good.
I've found pretty consistently that if you block a loop and they're able to push it back, it's always back spin coming back at me. If you get into that type of loop-block-push combination and the push coming from your opponent is dead spin, one of two things occurred. Either the first loop didn't have a lot of spin on it, or your block didn't generate a lot of reversal.

PostPosted: 20 Mar 2022, 23:02 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Well, I tried a very different setup but still with Barna Super Glanti today, the blade is almost as far from Palio TCT as possible :). I used Gewo Velox Alpha Def, a rather stiff and slow defensive blade with tons of control and ok speed for attacks. And a rather low arc. I also tried a few attacks or lifts from BH. But this is difficult also with this blade, because the lack of grip or dwell with this anti. But if I am sure that the ball has some back spin it can be good with an attack.

I mostly tried to get to know the blade for anti BH this time, so not meny FH strokes were recorded. But this blade is really nice for FH counters.

https://youtu.be/IwxvbsAFGqo

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2022, 23:01 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

There is a new version of SuperGlanti, this time with the red sponge of Störkraft if I am not misstaken. I tried this combination about 2 years ago and it was super good. Only problem then was that it was nearly impossible to remove the original sponge from the SuperGlanti.

https://www.der-materialspezialist.com/ ... ::204.html

And a clip here:

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2022, 00:36 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
Tried that some time ago and still playing with it ! Best combo overall ! The trick was to buy a SG attack which has a very easy sponge to remove and then glue the red sponge (same as störkraft sponge)

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 29 Jun 2022, 00:44 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
Tried that some time ago and still playing with it ! Best combo overall ! The trick was to buy a SG attack which has a very easy sponge to remove and then glue the red sponge (same as störkraft sponge)
Yes, I know, my friend Marcus has been doing that this last season, but with other sponges.

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2022, 04:02 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

I like the green soft version, even though 1.2 is very slow :)
https://youtu.be/6ZPDM4BEI8c

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 15  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!