OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 09:49

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 17 Jul 2022, 18:56 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Def-attack wrote:
I like the green soft version, even though 1.2 is very slow :)
https://youtu.be/6ZPDM4BEI8c

wow that does appear slow mate.
your opponent is hammering some loops and you are placing the block and its dropping into the net.
prob need an off plus blade lol.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2022, 06:17 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Well, here I tried Barna SuperGlanti Attack on a Barna Victory (slower than Clipper but still not a slow blade).

https://youtu.be/FCMKWJexxPc

This is a fun combo! But different. And difficult. Fore some reason I tried several times to block like I had short pips or so after I had made an attack with the anti. But for being the first time with a very different anti it went OK. I also had a new FH rubber that I had not used anytime before, a Tibhar K1 Hybrid Euro, very nice spin :).

PostPosted: 07 Oct 2022, 17:20 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
Yesterday I found that if I my bat goes a little forward when blocking a topspin, there is a nasty knuckle, better spin reversal than standing still and surprisingly slow speed and very short blocks. Everything was easier comperd to when my bat stands still when blocking ! Weird ! I watched again this video and Amir doesn't stand still when blocking. His bat always moves forward a little. Is it the key to obtain massive spin reversal and low throw ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMiUO2L5td0

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2022, 02:42 
Super User

Blade: D. M. S. The Wall Def-
FH: S&T Secret Flow Chop
BH: Spectre OX
Rinforzando wrote:
Yesterday I found that if I my bat goes a little forward when blocking a topspin, there is a nasty knuckle, better spin reversal than standing still and surprisingly slow speed and very short blocks. Everything was easier comperd to when my bat stands still when blocking ! Weird ! I watched again this video and Amir doesn't stand still when blocking. His bat always moves forward a little. Is it the key to obtain massive spin reversal and low throw ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMiUO2L5td0

Don't think so, I believe if he don't moves forward a little the ball don't arrives to the other side of the table.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2022, 01:10 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Merlin is correct, with many of the DMS rubbers, even on the stiff blade, you need some forward motion to get the ball over the net. It's important that it's a solid, straight shot and not a chop block. This is a problem I'm still struggling with after years of playing long pips. "swiping" the ball you will lose reversal and the ball won't go anywhere. The more solid the contact, the better.

Even with the ABS3 from Dr Neubauer, I have to move the blade forward at least a little on all but the hardest shots.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2022, 22:27 

Can someone pls compare Super Glanti Soft 1.6mm or 1.2mm (better the first) with ABS 3 and Storkraft 1.6 mm?

Lot of players suggested me to try Super Glanti and, if i will, i was thinking to get the slower version based on my experience with Storkraft and ABS 3.

I founded low materials on youtube so i need more informations about it before waste 50€ (i'm scared that's a copy of Storkraft with green colour).

Thanks all.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2022, 07:07 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

gepi1993 wrote:
Can someone pls compare Super Glanti Soft 1.6mm or 1.2mm (better the first) with ABS 3 and Storkraft 1.6 mm?

Lot of players suggested me to try Super Glanti and, if i will, i was thinking to get the slower version based on my experience with Storkraft and ABS 3.

I founded low materials on youtube so i need more informations about it before waste 50€ (i'm scared that's a copy of Storkraft with green colour).

Thanks all.
SG soft is only available in 1.2, right?
It has about the same speed as Störkraft 1.2, same sponge.
ABS 3 in 2.0 is slower, probably like Störkraftt 1.6, but a different feeling, more hard feeling.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2022, 18:16 

Def-attack wrote:
gepi1993 wrote:

Thanks all.
SG soft is only available in 1.2, right?
It has about the same speed as Störkraft 1.2, same sponge.
ABS 3 in 2.0 is slower, probably like Störkraftt 1.6, but a different feeling, more hard feeling.

It's also aviable in 1.6 mm and their site say that is the slowest superglanti version (https://www.der-materialspezialist.com/ ... ::204.html) .

Ok thanks. Also storkraft has harder feeling (but also less control than ABS 3).

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2022, 22:00 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

This week I should be receiving a sheet of Super Glanti 1.6 and Super Glanti Absorber 1.9, I'll try the "regular" one first and do my best to compare to ABS3 and Storkraft.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2022, 01:00 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Now I use 0.8 original sponge on Neubauers Matador Texa. Superb blocking setup that works good for FH as well.
https://youtu.be/WH7tVNgu0cQ

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2022, 23:13 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Had a few hits with the regular Super Glanti 1.6 and the Super Glanti Absorber 1.9, both against the robot and in games. Here are my first impressions:

Speed: It's close, but I still think ABS3 2.0 is slightly slower than Storkraft 1.6. SG Absorber 1.9 is pretty similar to Storkraft, while regular SG would have the most speed, although I still wouldn't say it's "fast". More like "moderate" speed.

Spin reversal: Never thought I'd find anything with more reversal than Storkraft, but I think the regular Super Glanti does. The SG Absorber has noticeably less reversal but is more controllable. ABS3 would fall at the bottom end when it comes to spin reversal, but is the most controllable.

Throw: I think the regular Super Glanti might be the lowest throw, but it's close with Storkraft. I feel that SG Absorber is a little higher, and ABS3 the highest.

Hitting: ABS3 is definitely the easiest and most consistent to hit with against dead balls and under spin. I found Super Glanti and Storkraft similar in their difficulty level. SG Absorber was a little easier.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2022, 21:51 

Can someone give feedback about SG soft? I'd like to have information about Speed reversal and attacking chance.

Thanks.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2022, 12:29 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
Does anyone know what was his setup for this match (blade and glanti thickness) ? Spin reversal is massive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uKbj4cmjHU

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2022, 13:59 
Super User

DA is the man who would know :)

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2022, 16:58 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
Does anyone know what was his setup for this match (blade and glanti thickness) ? Spin reversal is massive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uKbj4cmjHU
SuperGlanti with a very thin and slightly hard sponge. I think the blade is Matador carbon, not sure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next