OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 15:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
PostPosted: 13 Dec 2022, 22:27 

Blade: Primorac Carbon
FH: Donic Bluegrip
BH: Dornenglanz
Def-attack wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
Does anyone know what was his setup for this match (blade and glanti thickness) ? Spin reversal is massive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uKbj4cmjHU
SuperGlanti with a very thin and slightly hard sponge. I think the blade is Matador carbon, not sure.

Attachments:
ANTI.png
ANTI.png [ 43.38 KiB | Viewed 2367 times ]

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2023, 07:11 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
Hey guys ! It has been while since I last posted here. Today I tried Barna SG with 1.2mm Störkraft sponge on Barna Triumph. The block was nice and slow, but there wasn't a lot of spin reversal. Disapointing. The ball didn't come back when it hit the ground, at best it stayed still, which indicates that the block was nearly empty. I don't know if this is because the topsheet is old and used or not, because it's still slick (sponge was brand new). I ordered a 1.2mm Super Glanti, I'm looking forward to test it on the Triumph.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2023, 07:17 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
Does anyone know what was his setup for this match (blade and glanti thickness) ? Spin reversal is massive

SuperGlanti with a very thin and slightly hard sponge. I think the blade is Matador carbon, not sure.

By any chance, do you know which sponge he used ? Is it available on the market ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2023, 17:00 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Rinforzando wrote:
Def-attack wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

By any chance, do you know which sponge he used ? Is it available on the market ?
It may have been the same as is used for ABS 2 Pro (the one Luka uses) but a very thin version directly from the Italian dude who makes them (not easy to buy unless you know that person). But he has already changed to another setup :)

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2023, 18:25 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
It may have been the same as is used for ABS 2 Pro (the one Luka uses) but a very thin version directly from the Italian dude who makes them (not easy to buy unless you know that person). But he has already changed to another setup :)

By any chance do you know his new setup :-P ? I'm sick of trying setup that doesn't have spin reversal. My bank account will go to zero soon with all this test haha

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2023, 18:30 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yes, I know that he today is using TSP Balsa 2.5 Fitter def with SG Attack, but if he will be using that next week... I have no idea ;)

That is the same blade I am using in this clip, but I choose to go with origibal SG in 1.2 mm instead:
https://youtu.be/u06pIGqx1LE

PostPosted: 21 Mar 2023, 18:32 
Super User

Time to buy a TSP Balsa 2.5 Fitter def I guess, only problem is that it is super hard to find this blade these days

I already saw the video :) ! Is spin reversal better than with the Matador Texa you were previously using ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2023, 01:30 
Super User

Instead of 2.5 def fitter, I'd like to buy The Wall (or The Wall carbon). Which one is better for SG attack ? Is there a big difference in speed ? If I remember correctly you said The Wall carbon was better, is it still true ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2023, 02:20 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
Time to buy a TSP Balsa 2.5 Fitter def I guess, only problem is that it is super hard to find this blade these days

I already saw the video :) ! Is spin reversal better than with the Matador Texa you were previously using ?
Hard to say. Very small differences, sometimes more, sometimes less...

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2023, 02:23 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
Instead of 2.5 def fitter, I'd like to buy The Wall (or The Wall carbon). Which one is better for SG attack ? Is there a big difference in speed ? If I remember correctly you said The Wall carbon was better, is it still true ?
I can't really tell, it would probably depend on what version of SG you are using. Just chasing maximum spin reversal is not a successful way, you must be able to handle no spin, back spin and of course play well with FH.

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2023, 07:47 
Super User

At this point I don't care anymore about the other things. I just want spin reversal. I stopped playing glanti 3 months ago to play modern defense with long pips (Curl P4v 0.5mm) but I already want to come back to the glanti to play more like Amir Ahmed (80% glanti bh, 20% short pips fh), I feel like it may fit my personality and gamestyle better.

Barna Triumph with SG 1.2mm (red sponge) is very nice, the feeling is good in every department (aggressive push against backspin, blocks against topspin feel safe, etc.) Only problem is the lack of spin reversal. I hope the SG 1.2mm (normal sponge) will make the difference.

I will order also a "The Wall carbon" + SG attack just because I'm curious. At the end of the day, if I feel I can't achieve enough spin reversal (I want so bad the legendary spin reversal where the ball bounces 2 times on the table and then come back and die in the net :rock: ), I may stick to modern defense. It really sucks cause I like the gameplay of both (I have the same level with it, 1100 french rating) but for the sake of my sanity I need to stick with one for the future.

3 options:

- stick to modern defense (my actual setup)
- go to sp + glanti (play mainly bh with glanti and kill the ball with sp fh when it is a little high)
- go back to inverted + glanti (the gameplay I played last season and gained over 600 french rating points in a year)

Every options have there pros and cons with no options better than another one.

My sanity is falling slowly apart

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2023, 19:26 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

SPIN REVERSAL hopeless dream like pipe smoke

All the pimples-out rubbers are now a subject to ITTF laboratory friction test. Hence you cant expect the rubbers to produce a sliding rotation of the balls upon bounce (aka spin reversal). Our later testings on the rubbers strongly suggest that manufacturers all have now discontinued production of the low friction pimps for fear of not passing the ITTF friction standard of 0.5 CoF.
It is quite hopeless that the today's pimples as currently found on market (a surface traction limited to >0.5) to give you any decent amount of spin reversal. Low-friction pimples with spin reversal are likely impossible any more, unless you commit some dirty fraud. :) :) :)

Ever yours
@igorponger

PostPosted: 22 Mar 2023, 21:41 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
In my experience it is true that there are no pips that can match the spin reversal of a glanti. In my almost 3 year odyssey with glanti, the best reversal that I encountered was using the DMS Deluxe Carbon blade with 0.9 Storkraft. If you are looking for maximum spin reversal, I would get that blade (or something similar) and rubber. I am pretty sure that's the blade Amir was using, which is why I tried it.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2023, 06:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

SG Attack has a slightly harder top sheet than the other SG versions. Red is the hardest. Green is softer than black. So red SG Attack would be the best for pure spin reversal. Barna Victory is a good blade for that. The Wall is a little slower, and the Wall carbon is faster than the Wall and has more spin reversal. Not sure if The Wall Carbon is faster than Victory or has more spin reversal. Barna Champion is also very good, rather slow. Marcus says that Stiga Allround Evolution is also very good with SG Attack, perhaps even better. I have that blade but I have not tried it with SG Attack so I can't tell. But I line the blade. The heavier, the more speed it has and is probably more stiff as well.

PostPosted: 23 Mar 2023, 19:59 
Super User

I finally ordered The Wall Carbon + SG attack in red. Will compare it to Barna Triumph + SG 1.2mm red. It can be a game changer if The Wall carbon + SG attack work for me. It is a defensive blade, so I'm confident enough I can chop aswell with it with shortpips on forehand as long as I don't put something too thick on it.

BH - Slick antispin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next