OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 04:33

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2020, 22:16 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Very impressive!!! If Marcus twiddled,he would be even more dangerous.Let me tell you,with all due respect to everyone : Does everybody really believe that the Superglanti used by pros or semipros is the same you buy at a conventional tt shop? did you know that in the pro circuit it was said at some point that the antis were treated before the match with a special liquid to even make them slicker? I understand that to play at such high levels defenders have to resort to any tricks to survive in the same way as loopers illegally boost the rubbers.

Did you notice how the superglanti behaved in some blocks and some service returns? Is that possible with the run of the mill superglanti you get at the tt shop? did you notice how the manufacturer wants to sell the wierd trajectories propaganda to make you addicted to the rubber?

Then, people complain at the amateur level that certain pips have little or no friction whether by natural causes or by treating the rubber..... the result is the same,.... however, the pros are respected and the amateurs- who by natural wear and tear or just by reducing the friction artificially - are criticised and hated... this is the world we live in .....

PostPosted: 05 Oct 2020, 01:53 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Put it this way id buy some if it came up 2nd hand on e bay.worth a try.i mainly chop with best anti and this looks canny

PostPosted: 10 Oct 2020, 16:35 
Super User

Blade: Xiom Michelangelo
FH: andro Rasanter R48
BH: Butterfly Tenergy 25 FX
German GeblockTT review: https://youtu.be/X6vxkcZEI7Q

PostPosted: 13 Jan 2021, 06:43 

Blade: DER-MAT DELUXE CARBON
FH: VICTAS 103 1.8
BH: Barna orijinal super glan
https://youtu.be/i6llqrTZzK8
https://youtu.be/9E5EyxXW3U8
https://youtu.be/CdAUruY6_FI
Mesut Barkale
Blade: der-mat deluxe carbon
Fh: Victas 103 1.8 siyah
BH: Vortex red 1.2

PostPosted: 12 Mar 2021, 18:31 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Here are a few sets that can perhaps show how the spin reversal works on a hard and stiff balsa blade (first set, and first half of 2nd set is not very representative, I was struggeling with the angle of new blade):

https://youtu.be/SIrKdzEMnaM

We used Stiga Perform ABS-ball. My opponent uses H3 on FH and Bluefire or similar on BH.

PostPosted: 12 May 2021, 22:35 

Does anyone have experience to comment on the difference between 1.6mm Storkraft and same thickness Barna original Super Glanti?

I plan to stick one of those on a PALIO TCT which is ultra-stiff/hard and fast blade.

I cannot figure out what would I lose and gain one over the other.

PostPosted: 14 May 2021, 17:34 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
KindButcher wrote:
Does anyone have experience to comment on the difference between 1.6mm Storkraft and same thickness Barna original Super Glanti?

I plan to stick one of those on a PALIO TCT which is ultra-stiff/hard and fast blade.

I cannot figure out what would I lose and gain one over the other.

Störkraft 1.6 is a lot slower than Super Glanti 1.6. In fact, Super Glanti 1.6 is almost equal to Störkraft 1.2 in term of speed.

Better spin reversal for Super Glanti, but Störkraft is a bit easier to use.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 14 May 2021, 18:32 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

There are two new versions of Super Glanti now. Absorber and Attack. Both only in 1.9 mm.

The Absorber seem to have same sponge as Reflection/Scandal, it slows down and give odd ball path. It works very good on the Barna Victory blade, the ball kind of dives down and stops after passing the net. It feels very safe, but the arc is slightly higher than with ordinary SG.

The Attack is fast but fun. A hard but slow blade is good. Stiga Def Pro works nice but also the new Barna balsa blade. The Attack gives the ball a faster and low trajectory, very difficult to loop again. I don't think the backspin is more than ordinary SG, but it is difficult to read the spin and make an attack with arc against that block, so most attacks goes long against those blocks. And you can kind of hit with that anti, very fun :).

PostPosted: 15 May 2021, 08:42 

Iron pips,

The more absorber, thicker, slower the sponge is, the less the spin reversal, right?

It appears to me that the top feature of a frictionless anti is the spin reversal.
And if there is one that can do this with a low trajectory, you got yourself one heck of a weapon to use against intermediate-range spin players.

Now...

Let's say you can block the spin with a frictionless anti... but the darn thing causes the ball to go long and give the opponent another chance for another loop. To solution to this is of course the send a ball that does double bounce. But that means, you either have to have an artistic touch in your block to take the pace/energy out of the ball or you invest in slower equipment, meaning more absorbent sponges etc..

Since the sponge and spin reversal goes against one another, there is a vicious cycle here in seeking the best combo.

The key players in this kind of game is...

the harder/faster the blade is, the more the spin reversal but the less the control.
the slicker the rubber is, the more the spin reversal ( not sure about the control, probably not high. )
the more absorbent, thicker or the dampening the sponge is, the less the spin reversal but the higher control.

for frictionless antis.. we got a situation like this

hard & fast blade, thick sponge -- good control but nothing to write home about the spin-reversals.
hard blade, middle sponge level -- either the best or the worst of both worlds ( not enough control, not enough spin reversal, or perhaps, a perfect level of both )
hard blade, thin sponge -- one heck of a spin reversal but good luck with control.

slow & soft blade, thick sponge -- good control, no spin reversal.
slow & soft blade, middle sponge level -- good control, a little bit spin reversal.
slow & soft blade, thin sponge -- ok control, a little bit more spin reversal

For me, I've got Barricade Def ( super soft and slow blade ) and PALIO TCT ( super hard and fast blade )
I will order GALANTI and STORKRAFT rubbers one of these days.

I cannot decide which mm to choose for these testing blades...

I guess there is no other way than trying... but it ain't that easy to try these very fragile DMS antis.

PostPosted: 15 May 2021, 08:49 

Rinforzando

Quote:
Störkraft 1.6 is a lot slower than Super Glanti 1.6. In fact, Super Glanti 1.6 is almost equal to Störkraft 1.2 in term of speed.

How do you compare this?

hard/fast blade AND 1.6 super glanti
vs
hard/fast blade AND 0.8 storkraft

which one do you think offers a better combo in terms of getting the best of both worlds of "control" and "spin-reversal"? As you see I particularly chose the other end of their spectrum.

PostPosted: 15 May 2021, 16:50 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

KindButcher wrote:
Iron pips,

The more absorber, thicker, slower the sponge is, the less the spin reversal, right?

It appears to me that the top feature of a frictionless anti is the spin reversal.
And if there is one that can do this with a low trajectory, you got yourself one heck of a weapon to use against intermediate-range spin players.

Now...

Let's say you can block the spin with a frictionless anti... but the darn thing causes the ball to go long and give the opponent another chance for another loop. To solution to this is of course the send a ball that does double bounce. But that means, you either have to have an artistic touch in your block to take the pace/energy out of the ball or you invest in slower equipment, meaning more absorbent sponges etc..

Since the sponge and spin reversal goes against one another, there is a vicious cycle here in seeking the best combo.

The key players in this kind of game is...

the harder/faster the blade is, the more the spin reversal but the less the control.
the slicker the rubber is, the more the spin reversal ( not sure about the control, probably not high. )
the more absorbent, thicker or the dampening the sponge is, the less the spin reversal but the higher control.

for frictionless antis.. we got a situation like this

hard & fast blade, thick sponge -- good control but nothing to write home about the spin-reversals.
hard blade, middle sponge level -- either the best or the worst of both worlds ( not enough control, not enough spin reversal, or perhaps, a perfect level of both )
hard blade, thin sponge -- one heck of a spin reversal but good luck with control.

slow & soft blade, thick sponge -- good control, no spin reversal.
slow & soft blade, middle sponge level -- good control, a little bit spin reversal.
slow & soft blade, thin sponge -- ok control, a little bit more spin reversal

For me, I've got Barricade Def ( super soft and slow blade ) and PALIO TCT ( super hard and fast blade )
I will order GALANTI and STORKRAFT rubbers one of these days.

I cannot decide which mm to choose for these testing blades...

I guess there is no other way than trying... but it ain't that easy to try these very fragile DMS antis.
Well, I can see why one would think that the spin reversal is all related to the thickness or slowness of the sponge. But that is not allways the case. Why something works on one blade and not the other, or with one sponge but not another, is very difficult to predict. It does not always follow logic or make sense.

Barricade Def is a bad choice for these kind of anti. I know one slow deff blade that works good and that is Stige def pro, a stiff but slow blade.
TCT is very good with 1.6 SG, but still rather fast.

PostPosted: 15 May 2021, 19:27 
Super User

KindButcher wrote:
Rinforzando

Quote:

How do you compare this?

hard/fast blade AND 1.6 super glanti
vs
hard/fast blade AND 0.8 storkraft

which one do you think offers a better combo in terms of getting the best of both worlds of "control" and "spin-reversal"? As you see I particularly chose the other end of their spectrum.

I can't compare because I never tested the Störkraft in 0.8mm. But from what I saw, the Störkraft 0.8 has a little more speed.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 15 May 2021, 19:33 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
There are two new versions of Super Glanti now. Absorber and Attack. Both only in 1.9 mm.

The Absorber seem to have same sponge as Reflection/Scandal, it slows down and give odd ball path. It works very good on the Barna Victory blade, the ball kind of dives down and stops after passing the net. It feels very safe, but the arc is slightly higher than with ordinary SG.

The Attack is fast but fun. A hard but slow blade is good. Stiga Def Pro works nice but also the new Barna balsa blade. The Attack gives the ball a faster and low trajectory, very difficult to loop again. I don't think the backspin is more than ordinary SG, but it is difficult to read the spin and make an attack with arc against that block, so most attacks goes long against those blocks. And you can kind of hit with that anti, very fun :).

Hi Def-attack :)

What is the color of the sponge of the SG Attack ? How's the speed compared to a Störkraft 1.2mm ?

For the Absorber, does it have less spin reversal than the original Super Glanti in 1.6 ?

I want to try these 2 so bad, but I only have the money to buy one :'(

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 15 May 2021, 20:47 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

What is the color of the sponge of the SG Attack ? How's the speed compared to a Störkraft 1.2mm ?

For the Absorber, does it have less spin reversal than the original Super Glanti in 1.6 ?

Don't remember the colour.

It is faster

About the same spin reversal

PostPosted: 15 May 2021, 22:41 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
Def-attack wrote:

Don't remember the colour.

It is faster

About the same spin reversal

Is the Attack faster than the SG in 0.8mm then ? I'm afraid that it isn't possible to do short block against hard topspin with the SG Attack

BH - Slick antispin

Last edited by Rinforzando on 15 May 2021, 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 222 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 15  Next