OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:55

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: 01 Sep 2021, 06:02 
Super User

Blade: Donic Defplay Senso
FH: Mark V HPS 2.0
BH: Dtecs OX
peterpong wrote:
Kindbutcher
Red: Super stop 1.9mm -have you tried best anti in 2mm.
My style is very similar to yours-i am an anti chopper.
i may try the super stop mate

Ooooh share some videos too plz :up:

My Vlog / Blog
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=32572

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2021, 06:24 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
Ndragon wrote:
peterpong wrote:
Kindbutcher
Red: Super stop 1.9mm -have you tried best anti in 2mm.
My style is very similar to yours-i am an anti chopper.
i may try the super stop mate

Ooooh share some videos too plz :up:

It would put you to sleep mate :devil:

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2021, 04:38 

Thank you Ndragon for your feedback. Trying the best anti ( in 2.0mm) is an excellent reminder. Based on what I read and remember, it is a classic anti, with friction and with slow properties. (which is similar to how super stop was).

When we chop an incoming topspin, be it with frictionless or classic anti, or even short/long pips or even inverted, the ball always goes back as underspin. That's when all rubber types behave the same. To me, I achieve the highest success with classic antis in this particular shot. That little grip creates the feeling. A slow frictionless top sheet is also pretty easy to chop with, at least with my particular chopping motion as one can see in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bbLJ_B2fGU . However, the very same chopping motion of mine when performed with an LP ( such as curl ) skyrockets the ball.

Barna's Glanti vs classi Antis from this perspective is quite comparable. I'm trying to sense which one is more versatile. What comes head to head here is the spin reversal vs control as they seem to be the opposites of one other. Since I'm looking more for control, I may be wasting my time and money with glantis but I never know as there may be one out there that gives the best of both worlds.

But, being able to chop from FH is also important as Joo refers to that chop quite often. So the blade and the FH matter a lot too.

The game you enjoyed with the classic anti is this one: https://youtu.be/PtmcOueKwWw?t=66 ( blade is chen weixing ). I had super anti 1.9mm on it with victas 401 1.5mm and the FH chops were working with that one. That blade also blends nicely with Hurricane 3 by the way.

One of these days I'd like test reflection 1.5mm (which I remember had a fantastic feeling) on chen weixing blade. Reflection may be the answer as my trials with glanti ( which did not end yet ) seems to be lacking the control I'm looking for (at least when put on PALIOC TCT )

Please share your chopping videos too, would you? I'd like to hear from anti choppers as I do not think there are too many. :(

PostPosted: 12 Sep 2021, 21:40 

Def-attack wrote:
We made a video, more to come:

I'm nowhere near Marcus' abilities and experience skills, but here are my trials with the 1.6mm Barna Original Super Glanti on PALIO TCT blade. FH was Victas 401.

https://youtu.be/KLuzIBApmGE?t=408

In this video, it was all about blocking the incoming side spin from a left-hander.
As you can see, I did not have much difficulty melting those heavy spins with this combo, thanks to this great anti.

I was holding the bat slightly diagonal, preventing the side-spinned ball from skidding away, I was also bending my body slightly forward and these two did the trick. Whenever you can get this angle right, all you have to do is to stay still and watch the rubber & blade do their magic.

If you wish to see this combo in a gameplay, here is my video that titled me the consolation championship ( what a big deal! :) )

https://youtu.be/m6jhVXm3crI?t=142

Both videos are from yesterday.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2021, 16:17 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Yesterday I tried the new Barna SuperGlanti Attack on a slow defensive wood, DMS The Wall. This was a great combination! Great control and crazy spin reversal with much better possibillities to attack, even slight top spin. The speed of this anti is cloeser to DrN Gorilla if anyone dared to try that one :). The blade has some vibrations and can cenerate gold spin on FH and was enough speed for attacks. My friend Marcus who has this combo will use this setup next league game. And he has ordered The Wall Carbon, that may ve even better (or not...). Very interesting! The Terror is also very good with this anti but a little fast, much better control with the wall.

Also, we revisited Deluxe Carbon with ordinary SuperGlanti and even though the throw angle is low and nice there are many other blades that gets clearly better spin reversal. I am (this week) using a Stiga Legacy Carbon with 0.8 mm SuperGlanti. Legacy gives the same feeling in block as TCT but the FH is better and the overall feeling is better (no s***, the blade is 10 times more expensive than TCT :o ). But it is also a little heavy and I am not sure how good that is for my elbow. We'll see...

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2021, 19:44 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
What have you done with Marcus... You discovered a new kind of blades which are very effective with glanti...

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2021, 20:35 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
What have you done with Marcus... You discovered a new kind of blades which are very effective with glanti...
Well, better with SG Attack, not neccesarily better with other antis.

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2021, 22:02 

Among the various blades and super glanti 1.6mm combinations, what are your findings?

I only got the Palio tct combo experience myself, I like the combo. Control.and chops are pretty good, spin reversal is more than satisfactory. But As to the blocks, which is what antiss these days are for, i cannot get much mileage out of it from consistency point of view (i must say that if you get it right it's fantastic but so far I was able to do the blocks only in training sessions. And 99% I stay in the chopping motion mode and it works like a charm. In this video https://youtu.be/j1eGWuDE26A?t=89 you can see it in action against at 1900 pt player who is finding a hard time to attack.

It would be worth to try storkkaft 0.8 with deluxe carbon and compare the two in terms of pros and cons.

Another major contender is Dr.N ABS as Andrea does fantastic action with it as demonstrated in this video https://youtu.be/DhVQOE9nFro

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2021, 22:02 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
My guess is the slower blade is better with that attack version because the attack is supposed to be significantly faster than the rest. My guess would be if you put that attack anti on a harder blade that it would be very difficult to control.
I'm starting to learn a little about the life of these rubbers now. I had a sheet of the Storkraft that I'd been playing with for about 5 months (using the DMS cleaner during that time) that I changed out and I noticed there was some difference in terms of reversal. When switching to a new sheet I find the control isn't quite as good, it takes a couple of sessions to break in. But with a couple of tournaments coming up at the end of the month, I think I switched it out at the right time. Moving forward, I think I will likely change out the anti at the same time I change my MX-P.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 11 Oct 2021, 22:24 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
KindButcher, thanks for posting that video. Fun to watch a bit of it. I really like those nasty side spin serves that you do. Those are great to pair with anti or pips, the spin off the third ball that your opponent will get will be nasty.

It looks to me like you prefer to drop back and chop. If you are going to want to use the new frictionless anti type of rubber, you will get best results close to the table blocking. While it is possible to use away from the table chopping, and you can get some good consistency and ok reversal, I think long pips are much better for that style. They give you more grip and the ability to manipulate the spin on the chop more. Also, the frictionless anti is best used with a very direct stroke. Doing a chop stroke with the frictionless anti, you lose some of the spin reversal and control because the ball slides off the blade. With a stroke where you are very still, or even moving forward slightly through the ball, you maximize the reversal and control.

Deluxe Carbon and Storkraft 0.8 is an outstanding combination. It's taken me about a year of training to start to feel like I really understand how best to use it and the touch that I need, but it really does provide a massive amount of spin reversal when blocking, and when receiving short serves, I can drop them over the net very short and easy.

The ABS cannot come close to rubbers like Storkraft and Scandal in terms of spin reversal and throw angle. ABS is probably more of a "safe" rubber, since it throws higher. It also does a nice job of taking the pace off the opponent's ball. But as you see in that video, if the other player adjusts to the timing of the ball, they don't have a lot of trouble looping again. When I get a good block with the Storkraft against a loop, it's pretty rare when a second loop is successfully executed.

My advice is, before you invest time and money into trying Storkraft and Deluxe Carbon, think about what you want your style to be. If you want to continue to chop as your primary weapon, I'm not sure you will get the results that you want.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2021, 08:36 
Super User

Def-attack, did you try the Super Glanti attack on the Winner blade ? If yes how was the speed, spin reversal and control compared to SG 0.8mm on the Winner ?

I'm playing with high thicknesses but want to swap to thinner sponge to lower the throw angle. Main problem is when the opponent plays fast long no spin serve sometimes the ball goes up too high and then I get killed.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 15 Oct 2021, 16:38 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
Def-attack, did you try the Super Glanti attack on the Winner blade ? If yes how was the speed, spin reversal and control compared to SG 0.8mm on the Winner ?

I'm playing with high thicknesses but want to swap to thinner sponge to lower the throw angle. Main problem is when the opponent plays fast long no spin serve sometimes the ball goes up too high and then I get killed.

SG Attack is a lot faster than SG original 0.8. I did not try attack on Winner but it would be too fast. A slow and stiff wood is the best for SG Attack. The Wall Carbon is even better than The Wall.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2021, 03:31 
Super User

According to def-attack The Wall is a great blade for SG attack. Does it mean that def blade like Donic Defplay Senso V3 and Victas VKM defensive with their anigre outer ply will be good with SG attack and in extension with fast glanti ?

Does Anyone here tested these two blades with a glanti ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2021, 06:17 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
According to def-attack The Wall is a great blade for SG attack. Does it mean that def blade like Donic Defplay Senso V3 and Victas VKM defensive with their anigre outer ply will be good with SG attack and in extension with fast glanti ?

Does Anyone here tested these two blades with a glanti ?
It does not neccesary mean that. Terror and the Wall are made for anti and have a low throw and to be good for such an anti the blade needs some special qualities (not sure which) than keeps the spin and doesn't stop it.

PostPosted: 17 Oct 2021, 08:24 
Super User

It's so weird, some blades work great with glanti, but then a similar blade just kill the spin for no apparent reason... Can science explain this ? If I hire a physician, will he be able to find the best spin reversal blade for the Super Glanti ? So much questions that will never be answered...

Recently I've been playing with a Goriki Danshi custom (4.9mm thickness, 7ply wood of walnut, all+) one of a kind blade, I thought it would be the ultimate weapon for glanti but not at all. The spin reversal is good, perhaps very good but not crazy. About the same spin reversal as my other custom blade (6mm thickness 7 ply with fiberglass and makore (nearly the same as walnut) as outer ply.

I need to try the Goriki with a 0.8mm sg or the new ABS2 pro that will come out very soon it might change everything

Also as a matter of fact, I found that high thicknesses glanti doesn't mean more control. It's not like that. Perhaps better control when passive blocking, but less control in the attacking department, less feeling in general...

BH - Slick antispin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 221 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next