OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:00

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post subject: DMS E.S.P
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2024, 04:11 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
New glanti ! New topsheet and new sponge.

Description from the DMS website:

Attachment:
espCover.jpg
espCover.jpg [ 172.66 KiB | Viewed 622 times ]

"The Effective Spin Processor = E.S.P. is a new ANTI TOP rubber, which combines the outstanding properties of slick anti rubbers with long pimples. This is enabled through an extremely thin top rubber in combination with very long inward bound pimples.

E.S.P. creates an extremely flat trajectory and a sinking effect, which normally is only seen with long pimples rubbers. The chosen rubber compound in combination with the extremely slick top rubber creates outstanding spin reversal. Moreover E.S.P. implements a new dampening sponge which increases the control to new levels and E.S.P. remains unaffected by balls with no or little spin. Effective Spin Processor enables offensive gameplay whereby the attacks are flat and offer a disruptional sinking effect.

der-materialspezialist E.S.P. the new unrivaled disruptional weapon in the slick antitop realm.

The highest disruptive effect and the best spin reversal are achieved with E.S.P. in 1,2 mm.
The 1.8 mm version is the slowest. The 1.5 mm version is a perfect compromise."

Speed seems fast (40) compared to other glanti from the brand, so I'll test first the 1.8mm version.

BH - Slick antispin

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

Post subject: Re: DMS E.S.P
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2024, 17:19 
Super User

Blade: Matador
FH: Dignics09C
BH: Scandal
I was wondering if anyone had created a specific thread for this and did not get disappointed!

This one has definitely raised my attention and I am actually keen on hearing about it more.

I am pretty sure no one has tried it yet, but by any chances has someone done so?

As far as I could comprehend the writings it is a frictionless anti with presumably good reversal. As mentioned above, it is quite a bit fast compared to the Scandal, so I'll give a test for the 1.8 mm version first, too. Then we will see. But this is definitely something I want to try, unless bad reviews will be coming.

I believe the speed ratings are higher due to the design supporting attacking game. Could it be a tamed version of the SuperGlanti Attack Black?

Blade: Dr. Neubauer Matador (flared handle, 7-ply, allwood, OFF-)
Forehand Rubber: Butterfly Dignics09C (2.1 mm, black, hybrid)
Backhand Rubber: Der Materialspezialist Scandal (1.2 mm, red, frictionless)
Playing Style: Modern Defender

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2024, 21:41 
Super User

The rubber released yesterday so nobody tested it except for maybe some sponsored players ? I ordered one sheet in 1.8mm and asked Guido about the speed, he answered me it was definitely slower than SG Black edition, the closest glanti in term of speed is SG 0.8mm (compared to 1.8mm) but hard to judge precisely because of the new sponge.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2024, 22:09 
Super User

I am definitely looking forward to this rubber. As I have seen, I am sure you will write a review here as soon as you have a good idea of what is it like.

If it was indeed release yesterday, then I am among the first to observe such occasion.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 00:35 
Super User

I will ! I will first test it on a Viscaria Super ZLC like blade, my only concern is that it will be a tad too fast. If it's too fast, I will consider gluing it on a Matador Texa Carbon or a slower viscaria like blade

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 03:03 
Super User

These are rather stiff blades, so should work on them somewhat okay, if will not be too fast. I am excited about it. When can we except your review around?

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 03:31 
Super User

GregorTT425 wrote:
These are rather stiff blades, so should work on them somewhat okay, if will not be too fast. I am excited about it. When can we except your review around?

I ordered it yesterday, so maybe at the end of the week if the postal service are efficient.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 04:06 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
GregorTT425 wrote:

I ordered it yesterday, so maybe at the end of the week if the postal service are efficient.

Good! I hope it is disruptive, I mean the rubber!

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 05:54 
Super User

Yeah, I have high hope too !

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 18:18 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
Rinforzando wrote:
I will ! I will first test it on a Viscaria Super ZLC like blade, my only concern is that it will be a tad too fast. If it's too fast, I will consider gluing it on a Matador Texa Carbon or a slower viscaria like blade
When you wnat to move a frictionless anti between bats, it works ok if you use ordinary water based glue on the blade only. Let it dry and attach the anti. Hopefully it will stay there enough for evaluation. And you can remove it without wrinkle it.

I will probably try it next week when Marcus gets his sheet (it takes a eeek to get it all the way to Sweden). He also ordered the new blade made for SG black, inspired by TSP balsa fitter def but without balsa.

Skickat från min SM-A236B via Tapatalk

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 18:53 
Super User

interesting

Last edited by GregorTT425 on 04 Apr 2024, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 19:03 
Super User

Def-attack wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
When you wnat to move a frictionless anti between bats, it works ok if you use ordinary water based glue on the blade only. Let it dry and attach the anti. Hopefully it will stay there enough for evaluation. And you can remove it without wrinkle it.

I will probably try it next week when Marcus gets his sheet (it takes a eeek to get it all the way to Sweden). He also ordered the new blade made for SG black, inspired by TSP balsa fitter def but without balsa.

Skickat från min SM-A236B via Tapatalk

I often use the glue sheet, but to make it easier to remove, I varnish the blade so the glue sheet isn't glued too strongly on the blade, therefore making it possible to remove the anti without any wrinkle.

My sheet will arrive hopefully friday or saturday and I'll be able to test it directly on matchday :devil:

The new blade is the Super Control (slowest blade on earth) isn't it ? It looks very interesting and it's great to hear there isn't balsa in it, I might try it someday. If by any chance you can mesure its frequency before gluing anything on it, it will be really helpfull ! I have a sheet of SGBE on a Nittaku Goriki Danshi Supercut, 7 ply walnut and 4.9mm thickness, 882Hz (lower frequency means slower) with oversize paddle making it already one of the slowest blade on earth if not the slowest already but the Super Control might be a competitor depending on its frequency.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 19:20 
Super User

GregorTT425 wrote:

Speaking about gluing, I see you are using Matador.

Have you encountered any kinds of problems when gluing an inverted rubber on your Matador? I could not put two layers on the blade, since the second layer removed the first one, so left without layers. Also, the inverted rubber did not stick on the blade for the first time despite having two layer on it and one on the blade. This has something to do with the heavy sealing of the blade. Do you have any tips to avoid that?

I'm using Matador Texa Carbon, which doesn't have the heavy sealing of the Matador, so no problem for me for gluing.

I remember I had a problem similar to you a few years back, can't remember which blade, but maybe it was the Matador. Use sandpaper grit, a fine one (~400 grit) to remove a little bit of the varnish on the fh side. Don't worry it will not harm the walnut outer ply as long as you use a fine one. Try with the finest one first and then go progressively with a lower grit if the higher grit doesn't remove anything.

Or you can use a stronger glue. Donic blue contact glue for example is one of the strongest glue in table tennis.

BH - Slick antispin

Last edited by Rinforzando on 03 Apr 2024, 23:51, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2024, 23:00 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
This is exciting to read about, I can't wait to hear opinions of this new rubber!

Speaking of the Matador, I had the same issue with gluing when I used it. The light sandpaper idea is a good one. Also stronger glue. I think I used Donic Blue Grip (something from Donic with "blue" in the name, anyway) and that seemed to work better.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2024, 00:01 
Super User

dwruck wrote:
This is exciting to read about, I can't wait to hear opinions of this new rubber!

Speaking of the Matador, I had the same issue with gluing when I used it. The light sandpaper idea is a good one. Also stronger glue. I think I used Donic Blue Grip (something from Donic with "blue" in the name, anyway) and that seemed to work better.

Yes, I have experienced the gluing problem pretty much and did not liked it, not one bit. But since then my girlfriend managed to solve this issue. But should not be a problem for some time. I am planning moving to the Matador Texa, which has not got the heavy coating on the forehand side, only the backhand. I will be using gluing sheet for both the anti and inverted, so no more f*cking around with gluing.