OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 29 Mar 2024, 14:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: 17 May 2022, 17:29 

FWIW, I love Kiso Hinoki 1-plys also and sought out DMS’ advice about the possibility of using Störkraft with my 9mm Darker jpen (I twiddle). Guido’s response: “I know this blade and would recommended STÖRKRAFT 1,2mm or BARNA SUPER GLANTI ABSORBER in 1,6mm for it. Of course the spin reversal will always be higher with frictionless Anti then every (legal) long pimple. The highest spin reversal with flanti you will get wit BARNA WINNER /VICTORY and TRIUMPH blades.”

Tibhar Genshu L Xiom Vega Pro 1.8 Tibhar Grass D.TecS 0.5
Stiga Clipper Cybershape 729 Bluesponge 1.8 Spinlord Blitzschlag OX

PostPosted: 18 May 2022, 03:59 

Blade: Darker Imperial 2020
FH: Stiga Calibra LT 1.8
BH: Storkraft 1.6 Antispin
Pip slap wrote:
Guido’s response: “I know this blade and would recommended STÖRKRAFT 1,2mm or BARNA SUPER GLANTI ABSORBER in 1,6mm for (legal) long pimple.
Thanks! That’s very interesting and helpful.

I have ordered both the 1.2 and 1.6 Storkraft to experiment with after my tournament this week.
I have 3 identical blades (within a few g of each other) and will have one with .8, another 1.2 and the third with the 1.6 Storkraft. Then I can really put them through the paces with the ball machine and in training to compare differences, and determine (hopefully) which one will be best suited for me and my game.

My thought is that if one of those sponges (1.2 or 1.6) provides greater control and even more dampening against hard loops than my .8, it may be worth giving up the fast bumps for those advantages.

Last edited by PushSmasher1 on 29 May 2022, 21:42, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 28 May 2022, 00:31 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
Very weird. I'm experiencing new way of blocking, and when I move the blade a little bit up when blocking (like how Amir do on this video https://youtu.be/gMiUO2L5td0), the spin reversal is increased compared to a block where I don't move the blade at all. When chop blocking, it remove some spin reversal, but it isn't new at all.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 29 May 2022, 21:24 

Excited for my first day of testing with all 3 different sponges (.8, 1.2 & 1.6). Took a little thought as to what combinations I wanted. The 90g already had a new sheet of LT and the .8 on it, so it was just between the other 2. Figured I would pair the LT Sound with the 1.6, as they are both the slowest rubbers of the lot.

1. Darker Imperial 85g
Calibra LT Sound - Max
Storkraft 1.6

2. Darker Imperial 87g
Dignics 64 - 2.1
Storkraft 1.2

3. Darker Imperial 90g
Calibra LT - Max
Storkraft .8

Attachments:
Blade Combinations Storkraft.jpg
Blade Combinations Storkraft.jpg [ 984.52 KiB | Viewed 1142 times ]

PostPosted: 30 May 2022, 02:27 
Super User

PushSmasher1 wrote:
Excited for my first day of testing with all 3 different sponges (.8, 1.2 & 1.6). Took a little thought as to what combinations I wanted. The 90g already had a new sheet of LT and the .8 on it, so it was just between the other 2. Figured I would pair the LT Sound with the 1.6, as they are both the slowest rubbers of the lot.

1. Darker Imperial 85g
Calibra LT Sound - Max
Storkraft 1.6

2. Darker Imperial 87g
Dignics 64 - 2.1
Storkraft 1.2

3. Darker Imperial 90g
Calibra LT - Max
Storkraft .8

Can't wait for your comparison of the 3 versions !

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2022, 12:17 

First impressions of playing with the 1.6 after having used the .8 exclusively for many months:

I am literally shocked at how much easier the 1.6 is to control compared to the .8. I expected it be be somewhat easier, but not to the extent it is.

I played two matches this evening, one with a 1800 player, the other a 1900+ player. To get more comfortable with the anti, I played both matches almost exclusively with the the anti, using it for almost every hit, which I have never done before. Against the 1900+ player, I actually only hit 2 shots in 5 games with the inverted. Usually my game is all out attack with the inverted. I also served almost exclusively with the anti (normally would be 10% max), and 90% of the serves were the same: a backhand that looked like side under (but obviously was a deadball with the anti) extremely short to their forehand, as I wanted to practice it tonight. Somehow I won both matches in 5. To say I was left totally dumbfounded and blown away with the results would be an understatement! I attribute it all to the amazing control possible with the 1.6. My whole focus was on placement. Although I tried to keep it somewhat low, I was more concerned about keeping it in play so my returns weren't as low as someone could do with more skill. The 1900+ player didn't have a whole lot of trouble relooping my first block, but the second block was usually deadly. Although there is no doubt a difference between the .8 and 1.6 regarding spin reversal, it wasn't enough to be noticeable for me.

Before, I didn't want to go thicker than the .8 because historically the aggressive bump return against underspin has been an important part of my game. But with the advantages I experienced tonight, being able to put the ball wherever I wanted, I think I will make a lot more points having that control, then points I can make as a result of aggressive bumps.

I'm not sure if this is smart or not, but based on my experience this past week, I am going to play exclusively with the 1.6 for 3 months to try to get really comfortable with it, not just regarding placement which is already so much easier than with the .8, but with height of returns which I really need to work on.

In 3-4 months, once I feel I have some level of comfort playing with the 1.6, I'll try the 1.2. All I can say is for me, the 1.6 is looking like a real winner, and that is not something I expected. I'm really happy that dwruck kept with it for some time, as I had tried it for 3hrs 6-9 months ago, and wrote it off since it's terrible at aggressive bumps. Sorry if this review is a little long, but like I said, I was really shocked with the entire evening.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2022, 20:24 

I need advice. I played at the club again yesterday, and literally left smiling with the results from using the Storkfraft 1.6. My problem is that again I hit almost every shot with the anti, pushblocker style. I keep telling myself that I'm doing that to gain experience from it, but I think it might be because I'm getting addicted to the feeling of total control in the game and loving the results. :rofl: This is the exact opposite of how I have always played, as an aggressive attacker from both wings (Seemiller grip), twiddling in almost every point.

Here's the question: Since I am still very new to using anti, should I continue to play for some time this way (hitting almost all shots with the anti) so I get used to hitting all different types of shots and work on my touch and feel, or should I attack every opportunity I get, which will greatly reduce the actual practice I get using the anti but will be the way I want to play again when I have a complete game.

I'm really conflicted, because I feel I'm improving really fast with the anti hitting it constantly in the game, but I have noticed that I have had many many opportunities to twiddle and put the ball away, but I simply hit it again with the anti :rofl: So my fear is that the longer I practice this way, the more passive I'm going to become. One thing is for sure, I'm loving the 1.6!

So do you think I should continue playing pushblocker style to accelerate my anti learning curve, or should I play my normal way and simply focus on anti training outside of matches?

Last edited by PushSmasher1 on 06 Jun 2022, 22:19, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2022, 20:39 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
I´m also new to anti and kinda understand what you´re talking about.

I do practice drills with almost exclusive anti play to learn how to control it. I do pushes, blocks, agressive serve returns, twiddling exercice. Only problem is you need a training partner who is able and willing to do that with you. I´m lucky enough to be able to do that with my dad who is an ex national level player.

In my matches i go for the agressive playstyle i want to use in real matches. Setting up my FH attack with the anti ... This to learn the patterns needed. Also to not rely to much on the anti and keep and active playstyle. One of my main focus points in the matches is shot selection for twiddling and attacking . And you don´t practice that if you only play anti ...

Cheers
Pieter

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2022, 21:10 

[vimeo][/vimeo]
Carels wrote:
In my matches i go for the agressive playstyle i want to use in real matches. Setting up my FH attack with the anti ... This to learn the patterns needed. Also to not rely to much on the anti and keep and active playstyle. One of my main focus points in the matches is shot selection for twiddling and attacking . And you don´t practice that if you only play anti ...

Cheers
Pieter

That's a really good point you make about having one of your main focuses in the matches be shot selection for twiddling and attacking. When I play strictly anti, I'm trying to win the point in other ways than with the goal of setting up my attack...

Do you mind lending out your dad for training? :rofl:

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2022, 22:46 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
PushSmasher1 wrote:
I need advice. I played at the club again yesterday, and literally left smiling with the results from using the Storkfraft 1.6. My problem is that again I hit almost every shot with the anti, pushblocker style. I keep telling myself that I'm doing that to gain experience from it, but I think it might be because I'm getting addicted to the feeling of total control in the game and loving the results. :rofl: This is the exact opposite of how I have always played, as an aggressive attacker from both wings (Seemiller grip), twiddling in almost every point.

Here's the question: Since I am still very new to using anti, should I continue to play for some time this way (hitting almost all shots with the anti) so I get used to hitting all different types of shots and work on my touch and feel, or should I attack every opportunity I get, which will greatly reduce the actual practice I get using the anti but will be the way I want to play again when I have a complete game.

I'm really conflicted, because I feel I'm improving really fast with the anti hitting it constantly in the game, but I have noticed that I have had many many opportunities to twiddle and put the ball away, but I simply hit it again with the anti :rofl: So my fear is that the longer I practice this way, the more passive I'm going to become. One thing is for sure, I'm loving the 1.6!

So do you think I should continue playing pushblocker style to accelerate my anti learning curve, or should I play my normal way and simply focus on anti training outside of matches?

In my opinion i think it depends on your results when playing matches in leagues.
if you win playing the push blocker style then thats the way forward.
personally i win most when i chop with anti .i do like to twiddle and attack with the f/h but sometimes it doesnt work so you go back to the anti defence.
so in a nutshell see how it works in proper matches

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2022, 23:17 

If I thought I could get to the same level playing pushblocker style as a more attacking style, then that would make sense. But I really think I’ll have a lot more trouble getting for example to 2100 doing that compared to a more aggressive style. And attacking is the one area of my game I’m pretty good at… :D

Last edited by PushSmasher1 on 06 Jun 2022, 23:34, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 06 Jun 2022, 23:27 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

i would just mix it up then depending on who you play.

PostPosted: 07 Jun 2022, 11:22 

peterpong wrote:
i would just mix it up then depending on who you play.

Great idea! I really have to work on my tactical thinking, and be ready to completely change strategies and tactics mid game if something isn't working, or if the opponent has a weakness that can be exploited. Too often it's only after the match I realize I ignored obvious signs of what I should have done but wasn't thinking at the time.

PostPosted: 08 Jun 2022, 02:08 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

You may beat a lot of players with the anti but some will not have a major problem.
you either have 2 setups or have a plan b.
some players are just too good and on a different level.
i played a guy the other day who is around16th in the country.
his brother was also playing with him.
he destroyed me but i played ok against his brother.
made me rethink things but in the end hes just bloody amazing and levels above me.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2022, 02:24 
Super User

After 2 months of intensive play with Störkraft 0.8mm: sponge is dead, very difficult to dampen any topspin. The thopsheet on the other hand is still in pretty good shape, very good spin reversal.

BH - Slick antispin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next