OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:44

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: 21 Jun 2022, 22:02 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I love the tactics of the sport. Long pips offered the opportunity for some fun "cat and mouse" situations. But I feel with the Storkraft and other frictionless antis ability to drop the ball short, it opens up more tactical options that I didn't have before. Yes, there are some additional limitations in terms of being able to vary spin on your own, but it's made up for by being able to vary placement. There really isn't much that's more fun than taking the hardest loop and absorbing all that energy and either placing it deep on the line or short just over the net, and watch their face in amazement at the spin reversal that comes back at them. It makes the short game much more effective for me.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2022, 20:00 

Officialy went back to Storkraft. Harder to use than ABS 3 but crazy reversal ^^. I forgot about it.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 18 Nov 2022, 23:27 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Really great win! Coming back from down 2-1 like that, getting blown out in those two games, you made some nice adjustments. Congratulations!!!

I made the same switch, from ABS3 back to Storkraft, and also testing out the Barna Super Glanti. That player was a very good looper on the forehand. Honestly, I don't know if you would have beaten him with the ABS3. Practically every time you blocked a loop with the Storkraft, he put the next shot into the net or off the table. I don't think the same would have happened with the ABS3. As you note, the control with ABS3 is great. It will work well for a lot of players. It just depends on what you want out of the backhand. I think I'm willing to give up some of that ease of use and control for the extra reversal.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2022, 08:37 
Unorthodox Batman
Unorthodox Batman

I’m using the 1.6 in my 2nd season back and doing well. It helps I’m sharper and fitter too but the 1.6 still reverses loads and I think the extra slow speed allows a shorter drop shot.

I’ve lost to a couple of players I’d hope to defeat. But I’ve had two seriously good wins too.

My biggest challenge is against somebody who doesn’t want to do much and is willing to grind it out to win.

PostPosted: 19 Nov 2022, 20:25 

Blade: SDC Viscaria
FH: Rakza Z EH max
BH: ABS 3 Spinlab Pink Sponge
dingwol2 wrote:
I’m using the 1.6 in my 2nd season back and doing well. It helps I’m sharper and fitter too but the 1.6 still reverses loads and I think the extra slow speed allows a shorter drop shot.

I’ve lost to a couple of players I’d hope to defeat. But I’ve had two seriously good wins too.

My biggest challenge is against somebody who doesn’t want to do much and is willing to grind it out to win.
That´s why its important to keep developping your normal game. I keep practicing twiddling and playing BH attack. If I don´t train it I won´t use it in matches. If players keep playig no spin in BH I just die ... so i need to pivot or twiddle.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A405FN met Tapatalk

PostPosted: 09 Dec 2022, 23:20 

Nice match from last sunday :)

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2022, 01:18 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Gepi, looks to me that your game was much more effective with the Storkraft. Is that also how you felt?

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2022, 07:05 

dwruck wrote:
Gepi, looks to me that your game was much more effective with the Storkraft. Is that also how you felt?

Hi man! Yes Stokraft sometimes has a "panic" effect on the opponents who make them do lot of mistakes.

I played again this sunday, here the panic effect was on me cause he didn't suffer antispin and defended well.

I think he trained against it because on the first round of championship i won easy with ABS 3.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 22 Dec 2022, 23:36 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Great match, thanks for posting Gepi! It did appear as if he was handling the anti pretty well. That being said, he wasn't really attacking it, but he was just putting it back into play. I feel like the difference in the match was your forehand. You controlled the points for the most part, but there were a lot of times when you let him off the hook. The first game, I feel like you came out strong, looking to step around and really put a lot of juice into your forehand loop, and you won. Then I think you missed a couple of forehand shots and you got really tentative. You were stepping around less, and on the forehand I saw a lot of soft flat hits with the forehand and even pushes on some balls that didn't look very spinny. Instead of taking advantage of him being tentative, it looked to me like you fell back into being passive, waiting for him to miss. Believe me, I've done that a lot in the past too. Take a look at the fifth game. You were moving better again, putting more spin on your loops, then at 9-4 I feel like you fell back into that passive, "keep the ball on the table" mentality and it allowed him to get back into it and almost steal that match from you. I think if next time you play him, you keep moving, keep putting more drive into your forehand, you will win a lot more easily. Way to hang on and not lose your cool when it went from 9-4 to 9-10 in the fifth!!! :clap:

PostPosted: 24 Dec 2022, 19:49 

Thanks mate! I agree with your analyses. I started well and then get tilted and scared to miss shots. With anti play against attacker Is much easier because as Plan B you can block and then come in, here i had no chance cause he was doing less mistakes than me.

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2023, 03:25 

New match highlights from championship :)

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2023, 22:56 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I thought that you played really well in this match. Your control with the anti was very good, but the thing that stood out to me was how well you were moving and using your forehand. I saw a lot of very good looping that really took her out of her game. Really nice play! :clap:

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2023, 00:40 

Very well played indeed.

I found you were using patterns that didn’t allow her any chance to breathe. Hitters are based on rhythm of spin, speed and receiving ball placement. You took that away from her with your clever use of variation both with anti and also your forehand - sometimes slow but very spinny loop, sometimes fast drive, sometimes making an awkward ball jump outside her preferred hit zone.

She seemed like one of those players that can gain a lot of confidence the more she can power through and hit her clean flat winners. I know you have edited, but based on her demeanour as the match wore on, I don’t think she would’ve been able to string together 2-3 points consecutively in a row where she felt “in rhythm” and thus the foothold to feel she could really come back and solve.

That must have been her coach standing in the background, I can already tell he is making notes to give more off-pace/random multiball in their next session… Your victory was so comprehensive that she will be targeting your next battle in advance already. Be aware :punch:

Anyways very good job and keep us updated.

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2023, 02:23 

New video from sunday championship match :)

Follow me on YouTube ;)

PostPosted: 03 Feb 2023, 22:44 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

That was a very well played win. You were very patient and took advantage of what he gave you. I didn't see you moving quite as much to use your forehand, but that might have been a part of your strategy. Congratulations! :clap:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next