OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 07:24

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next
PostPosted: 11 Jun 2022, 03:31 

Blade: Darker Imperial 2020
FH: Stiga Calibra LT 1.8
BH: Storkraft 1.6 Antispin
Rinforzando wrote:
After 2 months of intensive play with Störkraft 0.8mm: sponge is dead, very difficult to dampen any topspin. The thopsheet on the other hand is still in pretty good shape, very good spin reversal.
Have you tried the 1.2 or 1.6 yet? If so, how do you find they compare?

I’m loving the 1.6, but I’ve become extremely passive these past two weeks and haven’t been attacking when I have the opportunity. That ends tonight. Lol Every opportunity or slightly high ball I will attack on the forehand or twiddle an attack on my backhand.

My biggest problem thus far with Storkraft has been delamination of the top sheet from the sponge. I hope that doesn’t happen with the three sheets I recently purchased.

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2022, 15:45 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
PushSmasher1 wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:
After 2 months of intensive play with Störkraft 0.8mm: sponge is dead, very difficult to dampen any topspin. The thopsheet on the other hand is still in pretty good shape, very good spin reversal.

I’m loving the 1.6, but I’ve become extremely passive these past two weeks and haven’t been attacking when I have the opportunity. That ends tonight. Lol Every opportunity or slightly high ball I will attack on the forehand or twiddle an attack on my backhand.

My biggest problem thus far with Storkraft has been delamination of the top sheet from the sponge. I hope that doesn’t happen with the three sheets I recently purchased.

Won't happen anymore, it was with the first batch, Guido admitted there was an issue, not enough glue was applied between the topsheet and the sponge, now it is fixed :)

I tested the 1.2mm, but it was a long time ago, I don't remember anything lol. My next purchase will be the thickest sponge.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2022, 04:15 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
Well, my Störkraft 0.8mm is so fast that it is faster than my Super Glanti 0.8mm... so weird

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2022, 21:25 

Rinforzando wrote:
Well, my Störkraft 0.8mm is so fast that it is faster than my Super Glanti 0.8mm... so weird
Yeah, I found the speed of the .8 when doing aggressive bumps to be very similar to Grass D.TecS.

Has anyone found the DMS anti-spin cleaner helps more than straight water? I couldn’t find anywhere that sells it (and ships to USA) except for direct from DMS. I wanted another sheet of 1.6, so I just ordered it yesterday from them directly and ordered a couple of bottles of their cleaner to try it. It’s just aggravating buying direct from DMS as it is quite a bit more expensive then from Tabletennis11.

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2022, 23:39 

Blade: donic carbospeed
FH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
BH: D- Bluefire m1 turbo max
PushSmasher1 wrote:
I need advice. I played at the club again yesterday, and literally left smiling with the results from using the Storkfraft 1.6. My problem is that again I hit almost every shot with the anti, pushblocker style. I keep telling myself that I'm doing that to gain experience from it, but I think it might be because I'm getting addicted to the feeling of total control in the game and loving the results. :rofl: This is the exact opposite of how I have always played, as an aggressive attacker from both wings (Seemiller grip), twiddling in almost every point.

Here's the question: Since I am still very new to using anti, should I continue to play for some time this way (hitting almost all shots with the anti) so I get used to hitting all different types of shots and work on my touch and feel, or should I attack every opportunity I get, which will greatly reduce the actual practice I get using the anti but will be the way I want to play again when I have a complete game.

I'm really conflicted, because I feel I'm improving really fast with the anti hitting it constantly in the game, but I have noticed that I have had many many opportunities to twiddle and put the ball away, but I simply hit it again with the anti :rofl: So my fear is that the longer I practice this way, the more passive I'm going to become. One thing is for sure, I'm loving the 1.6!

So do you think I should continue playing pushblocker style to accelerate my anti learning curve, or should I play my normal way and simply focus on anti training outside of matches?
The problem usually arises due to the level of opponents being lower than yourself and you get away with it. In my opinion I take more risk when I know I will have limited opportunities to attack if I do not attack the next ball . I d recommend finding higher level partners( over 2100 2200 will do) to play with then you d be heavily punished for just using the block style especially since you are using 1.6 mm and the reversal isn’t as good as the thin sponge and they ll wait to hit through some of your blocks. That being said seemiller style is interesting but I think it is more doable with classical antis . I d be interested in seeing a video of you have your play in record.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2022, 23:43 

PushSmasher1 wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

It happened to me right out of the box and thus it seems like a common problem than just a batch issue. I lost my confidence as we pay top dollar for a sheet of anti and it has very basic quality issues. Needless to say , storkraft isn’t the rubber for me not only for that reason but also that reason made it for me not worth trying again different thicknesses

PostPosted: 12 Jun 2022, 23:44 

Rinforzando wrote:
I agree with that . The throw angle is much higher and on thin sponge storkraft is definitely less absorbing making the shots more dependent on the blade. I use very fast blades so the affect was very clear in my case

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2022, 00:17 

rakishman wrote:
PushSmasher1 wrote:
I need advice. I played at the club again yesterday, and literally left smiling with the results from using the Storkfraft 1.6. My problem is that again I hit almost every shot with the anti, pushblocker style. I keep telling myself that I'm doing that to gain experience from it, but I think it might be because I'm getting addicted to the feeling of total control in the game and loving the results. :rofl: This is the exact opposite of how I have always played, as an aggressive attacker from both wings (Seemiller grip), twiddling in almost every point.

Here's the question: Since I am still very new to using anti, should I continue to play for some time this way (hitting almost all shots with the anti) so I get used to hitting all different types of shots and work on my touch and feel, or should I attack every opportunity I get, which will greatly reduce the actual practice I get using the anti but will be the way I want to play again when I have a complete game.

I'm really conflicted, because I feel I'm improving really fast with the anti hitting it constantly in the game, but I have noticed that I have had many many opportunities to twiddle and put the ball away, but I simply hit it again with the anti :rofl: So my fear is that the longer I practice this way, the more passive I'm going to become. One thing is for sure, I'm loving the 1.6!

So do you think I should continue playing pushblocker style to accelerate my anti learning curve, or should I play my normal way and simply focus on anti training outside of matches?
The problem usually arises due to the level of opponents being lower than yourself and you get away with it. In my opinion I take more risk when I know I will have limited opportunities to attack if I do not attack the next ball . I d recommend finding higher level partners( over 2100 2200 will do) to play with then you d be heavily punished for just using the block style especially since you are using 1.6 mm and the reversal isn’t as good as the thin sponge and they ll wait to hit through some of your blocks. That being said seemiller style is interesting but I think it is more doable with classical antis . I d be interested in seeing a video of you have your play in record.

Thanks. You are absolutely right that players at that level will punish any blocks that are the slightest bit loose.

I said I used a ‘Seemiller’ grip, but that wasn’t exactly accurate. My forehand was described by one person as a ‘mutated western tennis grip’ :D My backhand grip is a traditional shakehand. Having said that, with my change to 1.6, I’m also committed to trying a traditional shakehand grip for my forehand for the next 3 months and see how things go. One exception will be if I twiddle on my backhand and hit with the inverted, I’ll probably revert to my ‘regular’ forehand grip for the rest of the point as I’ll be receiving a topspin return and my one strength is flat hitting through that. Sounds really complicated when describing, but from my perspective I’ll get the best benefits of both grips. We’ll see…

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2022, 23:56 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
The most surprising thing to me, when I switched from 0.8 to 1.6, was that the spin reversal was still fantastic. I incorrectly assumed that like long pips, a thick sponge would have a negative effect on spin reversal close to the table. But it did not. And as you note, the ability to absorb those harder shots better and have more options in terms of ball placement, it's well worth it.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2022, 00:12 

dwruck wrote:
The most surprising thing to me, when I switched from 0.8 to 1.6, was that the spin reversal was still fantastic. I incorrectly assumed that like long pips, a thick sponge would have a negative effect on spin reversal close to the table. But it did not. And as you note, the ability to absorb those harder shots better and have more options in terms of ball placement, it's well worth it.
I couldn’t agree more!

Using the 1.6 has made me rethink my whole game and strategy. I’m experimenting for the first time ever with a 1.8 sponge on my inverted rubber instead of the max I have always used. The difference in speed from hitting with the 1.6 Storkraft and then twiddling and hitting the next shot with the inverted is so drastic anyway, it doesn’t need to be the fastest rubber to completely throw off their timing and surprise them. So I’m going for a bit more control with that as well.

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2022, 21:47 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

PushSmasher1, I did the same thing with my forehand rubber. When I was playing with a slower blade with long pips I always got max sponge on the inverted side to offset the slower blade. But I found once I changed to the faster blade, and with the super slow rubber on the backhand side, that a thinner sponge offering a little more control still provides plenty of power and difference in pace. I think you've made some great choices!!! :clap:

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2022, 21:31 

dwruck wrote:
PushSmasher1, I did the same thing with my forehand rubber. When I was playing with a slower blade with long pips I always got max sponge on the inverted side to offset the slower blade. But I found once I changed to the faster blade, and with the super slow rubber on the backhand side, that a thinner sponge offering a little more control still provides plenty of power and difference in pace. I think you've made some great choices!!! :clap:

How is your journey going? Are you still using the Storkraft 1.6? You had mentioned you were experimenting with the Storkraft sponge and Grass. Any adjustments to your strokes or strategy that you'd like to share? It's all your fault I'm going down this journey with Storkraft :D I honestly couldn't be happier with my present setup.

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2022, 22:19 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Hi PushSmasher1, things are going well. About 3 weeks ago I played in a tournament and gained a lot of rating points, beating some players rated above me and beating everyone lower than me. Learned a lot about the tactics that other players will try to use against me, which informs my training going forward. Need to work on consistency in being able to drop the ball short or long; that is a very valuable weapon against loopers.

I have only had a couple of short sessions with the robot since that tournament, so I don't have many new updates. Had a brief hit with the long pips/Storkraft 1.6 sponge. It was interesting. Still obviously faster than Storkraft as the rubber on the sponge, but the control was pretty good, given that Grass D Tec S is typically pretty fast. When chop blocking I was still able to get a good amount of spin reversal too. Long term I don't think this will be what I will use, I like the control of the anti too much, but it is something I will play around with from time to time.

I'm also testing out if my game is better with one of the Dr Neubauer antis. My comparison of those to the Storkraft still stands. Storkraft is slower and has more spin reversal. Dr N is less angle dependent, so I make less unforced errors. And attacking is easier.

Now that I am feeling comfortable with my game with the anti, I am also messing around a bit with twiddling and looping against under spin or dead spin with my inverted on the backhand. At the tournament the most frequent thing that people would do to me is give me dead balls, hard, at the anti, or heavy push that they knew would turn into top that they could attack. I've had pips on my backhand for probably the last 15 years or so, so I don't expect learning to loop backhand will be easy for me, but I have paid attention to techniques I've seen and had a pleasant surprise with how my first steps went with the robot. If I can learn to do this, it could be the thing to help me get to the next level, along with continuing to perfect the basics.

Like you PushSmasher1, it just feels "right" to me to play with this right now. Having a lot of fun. With it being summer and I like to golf, I won't be playing much, but probably a lot of experimenting on rainy days with the robot.

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2022, 02:48 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
dwruck wrote:
Hi PushSmasher1, things are going well. About 3 weeks ago I played in a tournament and gained a lot of rating points, beating some players rated above me and beating everyone lower than me. Learned a lot about the tactics that other players will try to use against me, which informs my training going forward. Need to work on consistency in being able to drop the ball short or long; that is a very valuable weapon against loopers.

I have only had a couple of short sessions with the robot since that tournament, so I don't have many new updates. Had a brief hit with the long pips/Storkraft 1.6 sponge. It was interesting. Still obviously faster than Storkraft as the rubber on the sponge, but the control was pretty good, given that Grass D Tec S is typically pretty fast. When chop blocking I was still able to get a good amount of spin reversal too. Long term I don't think this will be what I will use, I like the control of the anti too much, but it is something I will play around with from time to time.

I'm also testing out if my game is better with one of the Dr Neubauer antis. My comparison of those to the Storkraft still stands. Storkraft is slower and has more spin reversal. Dr N is less angle dependent, so I make less unforced errors. And attacking is easier.

Now that I am feeling comfortable with my game with the anti, I am also messing around a bit with twiddling and looping against under spin or dead spin with my inverted on the backhand. At the tournament the most frequent thing that people would do to me is give me dead balls, hard, at the anti, or heavy push that they knew would turn into top that they could attack. I've had pips on my backhand for probably the last 15 years or so, so I don't expect learning to loop backhand will be easy for me, but I have paid attention to techniques I've seen and had a pleasant surprise with how my first steps went with the robot. If I can learn to do this, it could be the thing to help me get to the next level, along with continuing to perfect the basics.

Like you PushSmasher1, it just feels "right" to me to play with this right now. Having a lot of fun. With it being summer and I like to golf, I won't be playing much, but probably a lot of experimenting on rainy days with the robot.

Could you please explain to us why you have more fun playing with anti rather than with pips?

I found anti much less versatile than pips.I feel the anti acts like a shield.However,the pips can be a weapon and a shield at the same time .

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2022, 03:20 

Sami wrote:
dwruck wrote:

Could you please explain to us why you have more fun playing with anti rather than with pips?

I found anti much less versatile than pips.I feel the anti acts like a shield.However,the pips can be a weapon and a shield at the same time .

I know your question was directed to Dwruck, but I can answer from my perspective.

I had tried anti for the first time about 5-6 years ago. At that time however I only played with Super Anti, so all I could really do with my limited skill was send back deadballs. As a result, I quickly switched to long pips because of the variety possible.

My whole perspective however has changed since playing with frictionless anti. I love that I can place the ball anywhere on the table, and that extreme reversal is possible when blocking. In the past I got a lot of opportunities to attack after I would aggressively push with my Grass D.TecS. Having said that, although I am still in the early stages of learning to play with the frictionless anti, I am already getting way more opportunities to attack based on placement with the anti.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next