OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 13:39

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 28 Apr 2022, 22:12 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
Btw,Amir has disappeared for good . Any news?

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2022, 23:33 
Super User

Blade: Gerry Viscaria Super ZLC
FH: Tuttle G20 President
BH: Slick antispin
charmander defender wrote:

He is retired.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2022, 00:36 

Blade: Darker Imperial 2020
FH: Stiga Calibra LT 1.8
BH: Storkraft 1.6 Antispin
gepi1993 wrote:
New video with new Storkraft 1.6 mm. First time i use it but i can say great control and great reversal, i think that this is the best version of the rubber (tried both 0.8 and 1.2).

I have blades with both the .8 and 1.6, but have never tried the 1.2. An important part of my game is very aggressive fast bumps against backspin. With the 1.6 I personally wasn’t able to do them, but it could simply be bad technique on my part. Are you able to do fast bumps with the 1.6? If so, the 1.6 would be amazing for me.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2022, 01:49 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
Rinforzando wrote:

He is retired.

What a pity! DMS has lost their best commercial propaganda......

If he has retired, he may have been a victim of this new ball,..... he may have realised he will never reach a certain level, even with fresh antis every time he competes or even with the special treatment they have before competitions.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2022, 22:16 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
I'm sorry to hear that Amir is no longer playing. Watching his videos was my inspiration for giving these rubbers a try. And now I really enjoy playing with them. His spirit of inspiration will live on!

I don't know that you will get "fast" bumps with any of the Storkraft versions, but definitely not with 1.6. If you want to try the rubber and like doing fast bumps, definitely give the 0.8 a try. Otherwise, the Dr Neubauer rubbers may be for you. The ABS 2 Pro has a hard sponge and can generate faster balls, and the ABS 2 Evo can, also, to a certain extent.

What the best flanti is, well, that's a personal thing. If you want spin reversal? In my opinion, yes, Storkraft is the best. If you want slow speed? Again, I'd say yes. If you want attacking capabilities or the ability to have fast pushes/bumps, I'd say no.

Storkraft is the best right now for my style. I've got a big team tournament coming up at the end of May, it's been a while since I've played actual tournament matches so I am very excited about it.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2022, 22:34 

dwruck wrote:
I don't know that you will get "fast" bumps with any of the Storkraft versions, but definitely not with 1.6. If you want to try the rubber and like doing fast bumps, definitely give the 0.8 a try. Otherwise, the Dr Neubauer rubbers may be for you. The ABS 2 Pro has a hard sponge and can generate faster balls, and the ABS 2 Evo can, also, to a certain extent.

Thanks
I’ve been using the .8 for about the past 6 months. I’m shocked that if I trust the rubber and aggressively bump heavy underspin shots, the results for me are very close to what I could do with Grass D.TecS OX for speed and reversal. I just wasn’t able to do a truly aggressive bump at all with the 1.6, but figured it could just as easily be because of poor technique on my part. After a week of trying with the 1.6, I gave up and went back to the .8.

This is why I was curious if geppi1993 has been at all successful with this shot, using the 1.6. If he has, or anyone for that matter, I’d be happy to try it again but would like to know the technique they use. 1.2 might be the perfect compromise, or it might not do anything great… I still have to get around to trying it.

PostPosted: 29 Apr 2022, 22:47 
Super User

Sami wrote:
Rinforzando wrote:

He is retired.

What a pity! DMS has lost their best commercial propaganda......

If he has retired, he may have been a victim of this new ball,..... he may have realised he will never reach a certain level, even with fresh antis every time he competes or even with the special treatment they have before competitions.

Don't speak when you don't know. Before retiring, he was one of the best player in Bundesliga 2 in Austria. Great achievement for someone who were playing table tennis as a hobby.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 30 Apr 2022, 07:33 
Super User

Though I have never used or played Anti of any kind, I have always admired Amir's play with Anti :up: as I think he is such a great ambassador for TT players (frictionless anti in particular). Shame he is not active any longer. Hope he returns! I loved watching the videos he posted. :up: Come back Amir!!!! :rock:

PostPosted: 05 May 2022, 16:29 

Blade: Stiga Allround Oversize
FH: Victas V-15 Limber Max
BH: Vortex 2,3
Hey, I used to play with frictionless antis like many other players. I really love the controll on the slow antis like JOOLA Toni Hold Anti Topspin, or Hallmark Mirage (but it give almost no effect, no matter what blade you use)
I currently using Vortex from Spinlab on max thickness 2,3mm on a Stiga Allround WRB Ledend Oversize blade. https://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=htt ... egUIARC2AQ
And it gives about same speed as Toni Hold and Mirage but with more effect. I tried Reflection on max thickness and thought that rubber was decent, much more effect. But I didn´t want to buy new rubbers all the time so I wanted to find something that lasted longer, but i might change my mind.

I´ve decide I want to try Storkraft 1,6mm and wonder what blade that works well with Storkraft on that thickness if u not want it to be to fast.
Dr neubauer matador
Gewo Velox Alpha def
TSP Balsa 2.5 DEF Fitter
Others?

I think I will use two setups, the one I have now (against def players) as I haven´t lost against a def-player in ages. And another.

PostPosted: 05 May 2022, 17:30 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
IWinIfyoulose wrote:
Hey, I used to play with frictionless antis like many other players. I really love the controll on the slow antis like JOOLA Toni Hold Anti Topspin, or Hallmark Mirage (but it give almost no effect, no matter what blade you use)
I currently using Vortex from Spinlab on max thickness 2,3mm on a Stiga Allround WRB Ledend Oversize blade. https://www.google.se/imgres?imgurl=htt ... egUIARC2AQ
And it gives about same speed as Toni Hold and Mirage but with more effect. I tried Reflection on max thickness and thought that rubber was decent, much more effect. But I didn´t want to buy new rubbers all the time so I wanted to find something that lasted longer, but i might change my mind.

I´ve decide I want to try Storkraft 1,6mm and wonder what blade that works well with Storkraft on that thickness if u not want it to be to fast.
Dr neubauer matador
Gewo Velox Alpha def
TSP Balsa 2.5 DEF Fitter
Others?

I think I will use two setups, the one I have now (against def players) as I haven´t lost against a def-player in ages. And another.
1.6 Störkraft is super slow. The two def-blades will probably be too slow, so start with Matador, that is a great blade for anti.

PostPosted: 05 May 2022, 20:01 
Super User

IWinIfyoulose wrote:

Dr neubauer matador
Gewo Velox Alpha def
TSP Balsa 2.5 DEF Fitter
Others?

Dr. Neubauer Matador Texa Carbon ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 05 May 2022, 21:56 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
The "regular" Matador will work well. The Texa Carbon would probably be even better. I would definitely not recommend using on a slow defensive blade. It is so slow already, there is no need.

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 06 May 2022, 11:14 

I took the rubbers off my main racket and didn't get a chance to put the new ones on before playing Sunday. I figured for fun I'd use my identical blade that has Grass D.TecS OX instead of the Storkraft .8. I couldn't keep anything on the table... :rofl:

PostPosted: 06 May 2022, 18:44 
Super User

PushSmasher1 wrote:
I took the rubbers off my main racket and didn't get a chance to put the new ones on before playing Sunday. I figured for fun I'd use my identical blade that has Grass D.TecS OX instead of the Storkraft .8. I couldn't keep anything on the table... :rofl:

Is the Darker a good blade for anti ? Very stiff but soft right ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 07 May 2022, 11:58 

Rinforzando wrote:
PushSmasher1 wrote:

Is the Darker a good blade for anti ? Very stiff but soft right ?

I don't know if it is really well suited for anti or not, because I have only used anti on 2 different blades, the Darker 1-ply (Imperial 2020), and the Titan from Dr Neubauer, so I have extremely limited experience using anti with different blades.

I just love the Kiso Hinoki 1-ply blades for how they play with normal inverted rubber. Lots of power when you hit fast, but also excellent for soft touches and the short game. I used the Darker Imperial blades also when I played with long pips, and the Darker Speed 90 before that. So I don't have the experience to compare how the anti plays on it compared to other blades. Having said that, I'm not at all interested in testing the Storkraft .8 on any other blades at this time, as I am able to block short and do aggressive pushes, which are really the two main things I want to accomplish with the anti.

I'm sure there are probably many other blades that are perhaps better suited to play with anti, but I don't feel like I'm losing anything by using the Darker, and I'm definitely gaining a lot of versatility when hitting with the inverted rubber. As a side point, I twiddle in almost every point, and play the great majority of both my forehands and backhands with the inverted rubber, so my blade first and foremost has to perform well with the inverted.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 20  Next