OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 17:27

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 14 Apr 2022, 22:13 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

Blade: Stiga Cybershape Carbon
FH: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5
Looking good Gepi, I watched this match last night, it's always fun to see other players using the equipment. Your forehand looked very good, some nice counter looping rallies. I always have trouble with lefties, I don't go enough to their backhand side, I feel like you could have stuck him a little more on the backhand side as well. But you still moved him around well, had some really nice blocks, and returned some tough looking serves. Well done!

FH Rubber: Butterfly Tenergy 19 2.1
BH Rubber: Dr Neubauer ABS3 1.5

PostPosted: 16 Apr 2022, 06:33 

dwruck wrote:
Looking good Gepi, I watched this match last night, it's always fun to see other players using the equipment. Your forehand looked very good, some nice counter looping rallies. I always have trouble with lefties, I don't go enough to their backhand side, I feel like you could have stuck him a little more on the backhand side as well. But you still moved him around well, had some really nice blocks, and returned some tough looking serves. Well done!

Thanks man! In these months i worked hard, as Aschi suggested, on forehand and depth of antispin shots and results are good (ofc, still need to improve more and more). I think next steps are improve on serves as well and start to twiddle, in training match i'm starting to get some confidence :)

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2022, 08:01 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
I'm still using the combo Störkraft 0.8 + Barna Triumph, the control is good, it's very easy to attack because the wood is very stiff, so it's a direct touch with laser arc, very clean contact of the ball. The spin reversal is from another world.

But I think I'll come back to my old setup. Barna Triumph isn't very good for topspin player, it's definitely a short pip blade or a hitter blade. Even with combi blades, I don't think I can get the best of both world, because it's not a outer layer problem, it's a stiffness problem and combi blades can't fix it.

I need a good blade for topspin, with just enough spin reversal to block the opponent from playing too much topspin back to back. Migh as well put some highlights videos here at the end of the season.

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 20 Apr 2022, 22:34 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I really like the DMS Deluxe Carbon blade. Great for reversal, but with MX-P on my forehand I can really get a lot of spin on loops and serves.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2022, 04:33 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
I'm still amazed that Marcus Johansson, one of the best glanti player in the world is using the TSP Balsa 2.5 def fitter, a very thin and flexible blade with balsa in it. Flexibility =/ less spin reversal ???

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2022, 05:56 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

That is very surprising. I wouldn't think that would be a very good fit. But there's something about the combination that suits his game, which is, in the end, the most important thing.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2022, 06:59 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
The TSP balsa fitter is a very special blade. We have scratches our heads alot about why this blade is so good with anti. It has glass fibre within, and is somewhat stiff in some situations but at the same time it has great dwell time. Marcus other blade is the Palio TCT, these blades are almost like opposites to each other. TCT is super stiff and very fast, with very low throw, some dampening from the soft outer ply and great blocks. Also, Barna Victory and Winner are very good, but just not as good as TSP and TCT (but it all comes down to how you like the feeling of the blades)

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2022, 08:05 
Super User

I also find the exact characteristics & strangely like and prefer it in the normal TSP Balsa 2.5 Is it more pronunced in the Fitter? In what respect does the Fitter differ from the normal Balsa 2.5 DA? Any idea? :)

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2022, 13:54 

Blade: Andro Ligna OFF
FH: Spinfire 1.8
BH: Tactics Ox
TSP Balsa 2.5 fitter,old version,is great for ox long pips as well.The problem is that it's discontinued and the new version plays differently

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2022, 14:18 
Super User

Thanks Sami. Just wondering because the new version has glass fibre layers too. Another case of new version playing differently to previous one I suppose. :^)

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2022, 17:19 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
TTbuddy wrote:
I also find the exact characteristics & strangely like and prefer it in the normal TSP Balsa 2.5 Is it more pronunced in the Fitter? In what respect does the Fitter differ from the normal Balsa 2.5 DA? Any idea? :)
Yes, they differ a lot. We tried Black Balsa 3.0 and TSP balsa 2.5 but none of these as close to balsa fitter 2.5 deff. This is super strange. I have tried to build a blade myself that is similar to balsa fitter def but with harder outer ply (I tested cherry, wenge and birch) and with some glass fibre sheet i got from a sort of wall paper you use for making old internal walls in a house better before painting them. Those blades got rather ok but not really close to the original.

PostPosted: 21 Apr 2022, 18:31 
Super User

You are a man of many parts & talents DA :)

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2022, 01:12 

New video with new Storkraft 1.6 mm. First time i use it but i can say great control and great reversal, i think that this is the best version of the rubber (tried both 0.8 and 1.2).

Follow me on YouTube ;)

https://youtube.com/user/giacomuz10

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2022, 21:51 
Darth Pips
Darth Pips

I agree that 1.6 is the best version. I was concerned that with the thicker sponge it would lose too much reversal, but honestly I couldn't tell much difference in spin reversal effect. I could tell the difference in speed and control between 1.6 and 0.8, however. On the Deluxe Carbon I like that it doesn't react as strongly off the blade and dampens more of the hard hit balls.

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2022, 22:06 
Super User

Blade: Grubba all Plus
FH: Spinfire 1.5
BH: Bomb Talent OX
dwruck wrote:
I agree that 1.6 is the best version. I was concerned that with the thicker sponge it would lose too much reversal, but honestly I couldn't tell much difference in spin reversal effect. I could tell the difference in speed and control between 1.6 and 0.8, however. On the Deluxe Carbon I like that it doesn't react as strongly off the blade and dampens more of the hard hit balls.

Since the first time I read this thread,I have been wondering if this flanti is the best in the market so far .

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 20  Next