OOAK Table Tennis Forum

A truly International Table Tennis Community for both Defensive and Offensive styles!
OOAK Forum Links About OOAK Table Tennis Forum OOAK Forum Memory
It is currently 28 Mar 2024, 18:45

Don't want to see any advertising? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!

All times are UTC + 9:30 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next
PostPosted: 01 May 2020, 20:37 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Blade: Matador
FH: Tibhar K1 Euro
BH: SuperGlanti
This anti has been around in discussions for some time now, since it appeard on the Larc-list more than a year ago and since our fellow Amir has had it on his signature since last summer or so.

Here is the video, looks like most of those videos with Amir:

https://youtu.be/gMiUO2L5td0

According to Amir (said at noppentest) they used a Sanwei ABS ball in the video.

Here is the link to DMS page about it: https://www.der-materialspezialist.com/ ... anguage=en

It has rather high value for speed.

Amir, is there additional info you could share?

Last edited by Def-attack on 03 May 2020, 00:00, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: 02 May 2020, 04:39 
Super User

Blade: Barna Original Triumph
FH: Yasaka Rakza PO max.
BH: DMS Störkraft 0.8
it definitely isnt fast, quite on the contrary its slow..depending on the sponge thickness..but it isnt as slow as the vortex...the trajectory, is lower.

the rubber has been developed by summer of last year, so both störkraft and vortex have been given the same sponge independently of each other...

PostPosted: 02 May 2020, 07:19 
OOAK Super User
OOAK Super User

Blade: GRUBBA
FH: RAYSTORM
BH: BEST ANTI
^i enjoyed the vid-good blocking

PostPosted: 02 May 2020, 15:42 
Super User

Blade: Nblades 1 ply hinoki
FH: Rallys Redmonkey
BH: Slick antispin
Hello Amir,

I'm playing actually with the SuperGlanti. Is it possible to do a comparison between the Störkraft and the Super Glanti ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 02 May 2020, 20:41 
Super User

Rinforzando wrote:
Hello Amir,

I'm playing actually with the SuperGlanti. Is it possible to do a comparison between the Störkraft and the Super Glanti ?

super glanti feels tad harder, faster...shorter blocks with störkraft.

PostPosted: 03 May 2020, 20:49 

Hello Amir
In the promotion video you use the carbon deluxe blade with the "Störkraft". What is the difference between the carbon deluxe and the triumph blade in using with the "Störkraft"? I think you're using the triumph blade by yourself!?
Cheers
Harald

Soon to test:
Re-Impact Swift Perfect Co 995-2-A4-RZ4(Special)
FH: Donic Vario 1.5mm, SpinLord Marder II,
BH: Tibhar DtecS OX, Akkadi L2 OX, SpinLord Blitzschlag OX, Badman OX

PostPosted: 06 May 2020, 19:16 
Super User

arrigo wrote:
Hello Amir
In the promotion video you use the carbon deluxe blade with the "Störkraft". What is the difference between the carbon deluxe and the triumph blade in using with the "Störkraft"? I think you're using the triumph blade by yourself!?
Cheers
Harald

hi!

i would say that primarily its the feel and weight of the blade, triumph feels a tad heavier/bigger...störkraft might be a bit faster on the triumph. my main reason switching between the two blades is my forehand, i prefer the carbon deluxe with the rakza p.o

PostPosted: 29 May 2020, 06:03 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Today I tried this anti for myself (I hav tried it before but that version was rather different). I tried the 1.6 mm on a Palio TS3 blade (very stiff with carbon and titanium layers, similar to Palio TCT but lighter and not as fast). I have been using this blade with Barna Original Super Glanti 1,6 mm and 1,2 mm the last month. 1,2 mm was a little too fast, 1,6 mm worked good on blocks. But Super Glanti is a little difficult to use against back spin and against no spin.

So I was very eager to try Störkraft, since my now trainer Marcus (the one who beat Satoshi Aida and Pär Gerell earlier this year) have been using the 0,8 mm on an old TSP Balsa 2.5 def fitter (https://revspin.net/blade/tsp-balsa-25-def-fitter.html) (very light and thin with some balsa and glass fibre) with great success.

I started with 1,6 mm since I wanted to try the slowest. And it is super slow. A tad slower than Vortex 1,2 mm red sponge I think. And massive back spin on blocks. Well, perhaps not as much as with Super Glanti but very good. First I put all the blocks to the net because of the low throw and the slowness. But I also noticed that it had a rather high throw agasint low spin attacks, just like most antis. Also, for being such a slow rubber, attacking back spin was very good, with a great kick on the ball when it landed on the other side. This part is way better than Super Glanti. But I had some troubles keeping the ball low agasint different shots, it just seems a little more sensitive to bat angle than Super Glanti. But that may change when I get used to it. Anyway, great fun to again play with such a slow rubber :).

Next up I will try this 1,6 mm on the Palio TCT and on my Palio TS3 I will try the 1,2 mm Strökraft I also bought. I hope 1,2 mm will be perfect for that blade (so I can stop trying all these different combinations).

PostPosted: 01 Jun 2020, 20:53 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Yesterday I had a short session again with 1,6 mm Störkraft on Palio TS3. This time I played a few sets against more experienced opponents who knows how to play without spin :whew:. One of them uses short pimples on both sides :o . But Störkraft worked very good also against these opponents. I could keep the ball pretty low even though I use 1.6 mm and I could also put them under preassure with fast curvy pushes against back spin. And I maanged to return their fast, low, no-spin serves good enough. And since the 1,6 mm is soooo slow, I can block any attack they can give me :devil: . It would take a very hard attack for me to block it too long, unless I miss my own bat angle.

So, since I se mostly benefits of the slow and thick sponge so far, I will wait a little more before trying it Störkraft 1,2 mm.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2020, 16:46 

Hello Def-attack,
Could you compare with Vortex ?
Thanks.

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2020, 22:34 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

bamboo wrote:
Hello Def-attack,
Could you compare with Vortex ?
Thanks.

Störkraft in 1,6 mm is about as slow (perhaps even slower) as Vortex with red 1,2 mm sponge. Vortex has more grip, at least those versions I have tried. Therefore Vortex is better for allround game with possibilities to attack light topspin. Blocking with Störkraft gives much more back spin and wobble. Blocks from Vortex with ABS-balls are rather spinless and they must be kept low and short or you will be shot down.

PostPosted: 09 Jun 2020, 20:49 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Last week I had more practice with Palio TS 3 and Störkraft 1,6 mm and I felt it had a little high arc, especially against no spin balls. Yesterday I tried the 1,2 mm version on that blade (fast carbon-titanium). Störkraft is a peculiar rubber... There was clearly less spin reversal on blocks with 1,2 mm compared to 1,6 mm, but also lower throw and better for attacking. But my opponents had no trouble looping many times against my blocks. This may be due to the speed, that it feels more easy to loop again when the ball approaches faster. But it was a big difference. So that was not a good match, and I felt very insecure with that fast combo.

Then I tried the 1,6 mm on the slightly faster and more lively, but still carbon and titanium, Palio TCT. That was a great match. Only problem is that the blade is a little heavy (about 10 grams heavier than TS 3) so I am not as fast at the table as with the TS3. But blocks were great and FH is a dream with TCT. Anyway, for me, with those kinds of blades, the 1,6 mm is clerarly the better option. The slower speed and softer feeling makes the back spin more pronounced, more lethal. And the slowness makes the timing more difficult for my opponents. But attacking back spin is not as good (but still good).

The quest for the perfect combination continues, but most variables are set to constants by now. Soon I have the formula for my perfect bat 8) . Now I will try to make my TCT a little lighter...

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2020, 16:31 
Super User

Hi Def-Attack,

Thank you for your review.
In the end you prefer the Störkraft because it's easier to use than the Super Glanti, am I right ?
Which one has the lowest throw ?

BH - Slick antispin

PostPosted: 11 Jun 2020, 16:39 
Iron Pips
Iron Pips

Rinforzando wrote:
Hi Def-Attack,

Thank you for your review.
In the end you prefer the Störkraft because it's easier to use than the Super Glanti, am I right ?
Which one has the lowest throw ?
I would say throw is about the same with 1.2 mm sponge. With 1.6 mm Barna SG may have a little lower throw because of the slightly harder sponge.

Störkraft is better for attacking backspin and no spin. SuperGlanti may be a little better for pure blocking. Durability is good with SuperGlanti, not sure about Störkraft yet.

PostPosted: 18 Jun 2020, 04:03 
Super User

Is the Super Glanti in 1.6mm slower than the Störkraft in 1.2mm ?

BH - Slick antispin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 297 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20  Next

Don't want to see this advertisement? Become a member and login, and you'll never see an ad again!